Thread: Hi .help for newbie required

vCash

Hi .help for newbie required

Hi guys, Ive played the game before , but ive never used the editor in it how do i go about it ? Sorry if my questions are so easy to you guys, but im a tecnophobe when it comes to these things, I send away for cds for the game before from ebay but ended up just playing the normal game as i could not update it . So any tips and advice on how to use the editor - how to add patches and updates would be great hopefully there is a basic tuturioal section for newbies ? I here them talking about run as administrator etc ? If using the editor ? Just want to put myself in the team as i never made it as a player as i was shite lol.and update a few players etc .hopefully you guys can point me to the sections i need to look at thanks .

vCash
    For updating the game, these are the steps:

Step 1: Install a fresh version of the game from your disk or use the download found here: http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=2

Step 2: Install the official 3.9.68 patch from your disk or use the download link found here: http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=3

Test it now. This is the original program and it should load. If it loads and runs properly you can (optionally) go on with the following steps to set it up for todayís database. Donít use your disk for the next steps!

Step 3: Go to your Championship Manager 01-02 folder and Delete the 'Data' folder.

Step 4: Download a new 'Data' folder right here: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/0tlado.

Step 5: This is a zip-file. Extract and put the unzipped 'Data' folder in your Championship Manager 01-02 folder.

You should now have a new data folder but you also need a new program for it. Take the following steps.

Step 6: Select and download a new cm0102.exe here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ptrt6t...ep/10.zip/file

Step 7: Extract and put the unzipped cm0102.exe into your Championship Manager 01-02 folder, replacing the cm0102.exe that is there by default.

Step 8: Make sure you run cm0102.exe as administrator. To do this right click on the cm0102.exe and go to 'Properties'. Then go to the 'Compatibility' tab and check the box that says 'Run as administrator'.

Step 9: Play the game and have fun!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Hope you are up and running now

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    I'd do it differently.

Delete everything and start again.

Steps 1 and 2 - Same as above.

Step 3 - download and extract the database you want (Luessenoff wasn't it?) from bottom of this post - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...536#post312536.

Once extracted, copy everything INSIDE the folder (just the files, not the yellow folder as well.) Quick way of copying is pressing Ctrl + A, then Ctrl + C.

Step 4 - Go to C: Drive/Program Files(x86)/Championship Manager 01-02/Data. Go inside that folder and overwrite everything in the folder. Quick way again is Ctrl + A, then Ctrl + V.

If it asks you if you want to overwrite click yes.

Step 5 - When you did Step 1 you should have created a desktop icon for the game. Right click on this and select Properties. On the Compatibility tab, tick Run this program as an administator.
    You may need to change your compatibility mode on this tab as well but I've never had to do that.

Step 6 - Go back to that game icon on the desktop, double click it and the game should run.

vCash
    There are guys getting info on facebook but its not me , any editor info guys ?

vCash
    Do you mean the official editor? That should be used before starting a new game.

There's also a save game editor to make changes in a saved game.

vCash
    Yes the offical editor i tried it once years ago and the game would not work ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper View Post
    Yes the offical editor i tried it once years ago and the game would not work ?
    The official editor needs to be run as administrator as well, for it to work properly. Otherwise the changes end up in another folder.

To do this right click on the CM3PreEditor.exe and go to 'Properties'. Then go to the 'Compatibility' tab and check the box that says 'Run as administrator'.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    im away from home for another 2 weeks so just trying to gather info so I can give it a go when I get home ? so if I get into editor and edit players I just save it and the players will be changed ok next time I play it ?

vCash
    im away from home for another 2 weeks so just trying to gather info so I can give it a go when I get home ? so if I get into editor and edit players I just save it and the players will be changed ok next time I play it ?
    Next time you start a game from scratch, yes. Not when you load a save game.

And only if you run the editor as administrator.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Are there any good youtube clips i should be looking at to help me make the editor , updates ,patches issues easy to use ?

vCash
    Are there any good youtube clips i should be looking at to help me make the editor , updates ,patches issues easy to use ?
    You might want to browse the tutorials section:

https://champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=24

16. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Welcome, looks like the lads have taken care of you
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!