Thread: Championship manager 20/21 on Kickstarter

vCash

Championship manager 20/21 on Kickstarter

Let's do it! Let's bring the game back to life! For so many years on the market of managers there were no opponents for FM. Restoring the Champioship Manager requires only our involvement. Let's create a product that will only require updating the players database and the system of games. We need a product in which the game engine will be stable while the entire player database will be sold every year for a symbolic amount. Everyone will be able to set the levels of the league games, the match system, etc. Let's create a product that will be alive forever. Everyone has experience in the game on the forum. We know what elements can be improved in the old manager, possibly what to add.
    No more combining with the files of the old game, the Championship as a classic should come back in a new version. Reach the creators of the old game and create a team that will go down in the history of computer games.

I believe that together we are able to do it.

I believe that in a year we will be able to collect money and people to create a game and we will even issue a beta version of the CM 20/21.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiax For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Had a few of these lately... easier said than done, I'm afraid!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    Problem is the community has too many gamers and too few developers!

vCash
    its a great idea but too few people have the time or the knowledge to do such a project and most people are not developers and just play the game, having said that if it was to go to something like kickstarter im sure that plenty people such as myself would back it.

Yeh great idea im up for it i have basic programming of visual basic a c++.The only problems are the community on ere and as the main man mark got us all on here it wouldnt be nice to good thing to go and do it unless him and administrators on here jumped on it with us and the updates that are on here.Also the copyright for game and getting it on the market and fundingis problem to.None the less its good to dream and this is 1 thing id be interested in doing but only if the main people who made this site and community possible were on board,be great to see championship manager in the gaming charts top 5 every year.the game on the other hand should be left the way it is and we are so lucky to have this site for the stuff thats on it the guys who made this possible are legends because i hadnt played the game since when i was at college in 2002 when the final good CM was released in 01/02 but message me about this and we could have something here Tiax mate

vCash
    First of all, we should establish the contact details of people who worked in the production of CM 01/02. The next step would be to ask whether they would take the production of the game. Once we gather people, time will come to collect money (or maybe they will catch the topic themselves)

vCash
    So you are saying we should contact Sports Interactive and ask them to help with developing a direct competitor to their successful Football Manager game series?

Even if we could pay decent money I think I already know the answer to such a request...

vCash
    With the success of CM 01/02 I do think there are chances for the original creators to rehash the shit out of CM 01/02 as rehashes are hot nowadays (like Final Fantasy VII) but there were 2 companies working at CM 01/02 and after (I believe) 02/03 they splitt their ways. Two different kind of games; Championship Manager and Football Manager were the outcome of the break up.

Nevertheless I do think it's worth the try to start this project. With nowadays technology there should be some techguys who can recreate an almost 20-year old game to nowadays standard.

Maybe it's not even necessary to recreate a whole new game. If we only had an editor that could recreate new competions/rules etc. 95% of what we need is done. (I am no tech-guy at all, so I understand this is probably even harder as recreating a whole new game.)

Thinking about it, we need some kind of Super Mario Maker for CM 01/02 so we can create our own competitions and shit.

vCash
    Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum, but was an avid fan of CM2 /CM3 and so on.
    I have some experience in software development, and honestly I think this could be done, and would be a great rival for fantasy football more than current football manager sims.
    I think the main problems would be recreating such an old game with the new tech that exists today, it would be a pretty big undertaking and the 'logic' of the game engine would likely be the hardest part by far.
    The main thing is not to step on the toes of the original devs and creators of this space, so I agree we would need support, but it certainly could be done.

I would love to be a part of such a project and I'm pretty certain I could find funding for it, without having to resort to kickstarter, (though it would garner plenty of interest)

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jblakmc View Post
    I have some experience in software development, and honestly I think this could be done
    I think the main problems would be recreating such an old game with the new tech that exists today, it would be a pretty big undertaking and the 'logic' of the game engine would likely be the hardest part by far.
    The main thing is not to step on the toes of the original devs and creators of this space, so I agree we would need support, but it certainly could be done.
    What is Ďthisí? I admire the enthusiasm, but the absence of skill isnít the issue, itís the absence of access to the actual source code.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    A dream, but can't be down in reality.

First off we would be copying an IP, charging people for the product would be liable (if I'm correct) for infringement. Nevermind all the licensing issues you would have to face, which even some are disputed/rejected for Football Manager. Football is a business and using the image rights, or even the brand's, would again need to legally negotiated.

Then there's the software issues. You would have to start from scratch, since we aren't allowed the source code for CM01/02, it would just be a 'copy' of something that you can get for free. Plus there are already tons of 'copies' I've seen advertised on Facebook, etc. so you'll have competition with them.

If you proceed, I wish you luck.

vCash
    These are barriers, but should not mean the end of these project imo. Certainly there are chances for such a project. But you can't use of any of the original. Just programmers creating an entire new game, but with clear instructions so it feels like CM 01/02 but with nowadays competitions etc. etc. I am not even sure if you need licensing if you keep the game free for everyone to play and not use images etc. Nowadys programmers are smarter and further as in 2000, so there should be some out there who could create this I think..

Tournaments Won: 13

vCash
    Or just get the Football Manager team to do a cut down version of their own game. Get rid of the graphics, pointless interaction etc etc and voilŗ, FM light.

The trouble is they sort of already do this with their mobile games.

vCash
    Really the only things that need to be brought up to date are the competition formats and finances. If the match engine could be reverse engineered so as not to be so exploitable (I know this is essentially a matter of choice, its possible to play the game without a killer tactic but so many people play the game in order to take a lower league team to Champions league glory in 10 years or less that its practically a default) then it would make the game more interesting as well.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    We wouldn't be allowed to use League names, club names, or players names without some kind of licensing arrangement.... and people aren't going to want to play a game with Christian Ronald at Turin FC and Leo Misty at FC Catalan

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post: