Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football League - English Premiership 2019/20 - 5 to Enter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Eh - you've already made transfers now - before the games on 10th Jan?!
    Not a bad idea sometimes to get transfers in early if you think their price might rise.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Had Vardy again too, didn't think he'd miss 2 games in a row! VC was de Bruyne which sucked.

What sucked more was I took Cantwell out of my squad

vCash
    I have too actually. Worried about price rises and drops. Happy with my team though

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Picked a decent captain this week.
    Best score in the top 7.
    Did also have 11 points on the bench.

vCash
    Feck sake - 10 points sitting with my first sub

vCash
    Feck sake - 10 points sitting with my first sub
    Everton pointlessly bringing Mina on and United pointlessly bringing James on have fucked me got Jorginho and Hudson-Odoi on the bench (both scored).
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    Rico and Sterling don't play but 15 points from the bench comes into play

Still an average week at best though

Stories Mod

vCash
    I sure it wasn't that long ago that fry78 was about 100 points behind me.
    He's gone above me (or level at least) after today.
    I seem to be going backwards.

Loving Liam's team (presumably long dead) that struck top score by having Aguero captain!

vCash
    I'm slowly creeping up the table... replacing Kane and Gazzaniga with De Gea and Rashford, then captaining Rashford certainly worked a treat!

vCash
    Having a stinker of a season! Had made progress after using wildcard a few weeks back but seem to be going backwards since.

Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post

Loving Liam's team (presumably long dead) that struck top score by having Aguero captain!
    peaceboy that is, not the Liam himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post

I made up a fair bit of ground alright slow but steady, and have been doing ok with the captains in the last few.
    Richarlison/DCL transfer went well as well for the -4 overall. In good nick for this week and the one following.

Second/Third is now a realistic aim despite my TAA debacle a few gameweeks ago. 30 points off third 38 off second unless I start to get things wrong a few weeks in a row.

67 points is just a bit too much of gap from first. dweatherston11 would need to start having a meltdown to lose it at this stage. I would say he could afford to even forget to do his transfers for a weeks and still win.

Looking at Liam's/peaceboy's team he still has the likes of walker, jolinton and an injured bench and still managed a good week

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/en...67790/event/22

vCash
    I love the way you worry too much about this

Saying that though - some decent could be made though by joining lots of leagues and investing a load of time into it by going through the "scout" websites, applying all the different tools etc

Maybe I should try that one season! But I think it would just mess with my mind if I took it that seriously!

vCash
    I love the way you worry too much about this

Saying that though - some decent £ could be made though by joining lots of leagues and investing a load of time into it by going through the "scout" websites, applying all the different tools etc

Maybe I should try that one season! But I think it would just mess with my mind if I took it that seriously!
    You don't need any tools - that is a myth for the stats nerds (who have ruined the game as far as I am concerned)
    There are many who create a persona for themselves as some kind of guru - lots of cliques have developed.
    I have seen fellas being talked out of quitting the game because they are 'valued members' of the fantasy football community.
    Real ego stroking stuff . - I remember thinking you would swear a fella is on a window ledge and going to jump.

But then I was proved right the oracles of the fantasy football community - started going on about how fantasy football can affect peoples 'mental health'.
    That angle of 'discussion' has crept in more and more with them without a hint of irony!

Thankfully, it does not look like the cm0102 site is going to be ruined in the same way as I feel (dare I say it) the individuals here are more mature. And there is no hysterics - in comparison to today's new generation of fantasy football 'community'. That is the vibe I get anyway.
    There was a hacking 'scandal' where high profile fantasy football scout leaders fpl accounts were hacked.
    I found the reactions unintentionally hilarious, as it was as if it was a therapy session or the lads had died! There was lots of consoling going on in somber tones. Silly stuff.

Personally I just watch the games and the fixture lists - they have described me as old school!
    I have found myself not using any of the so called 'must see' fantasy football sites much anymore - it is just noise
    Last edited by fry78; 14-01-20 at 09:35 AM.

vCash
    Ha, yeh. So many tools and experts out there. Twitter is full of them.
    I confess I listen to the FPL podcast, but that is purely because it is James Richardson and I'd listen to him talking about anything!

I don't even watch as much english football as I used to, far more invested in Scottish now, but just so happens so far this season I have made good decisions. (Vardy and KDB since week 1).

Still tight though, plenty gameweeks to go.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Haha, guess I'm old school too. My old man worked at a tile factory and a bloke there ran his own FFL in the late 90's/early 00's. Cash in hand and you just picked XI players and the points were all done via the Sun's match reports. We won it a few times back in the day, largely thanks to John Terry's heading prowess at the back!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Haha, guess I'm old school too. My old man worked at a tile factory and a bloke there ran his own FFL in the late 90's/early 00's. Cash in hand and you just picked XI players and the points were all done via the Sun's match reports. We won it a few times back in the day, largely thanks to John Terry's heading prowess at the back!
    The paper LOVED your English stalwarts like Lamps/Terry/Rio/Rooney etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Ha, yeh. So many tools and experts out there. Twitter is full of them.
    I confess I listen to the FPL podcast, but that is purely because it is James Richardson and I'd listen to him talking about anything!

I don't even watch as much english football as I used to, far more invested in Scottish now, but just so happens so far this season I have made good decisions. (Vardy and KDB since week 1).

Still tight though, plenty gameweeks to go.
    A lot can change and chips come into play big style

But in reality - most people have same players now - need to do ssome risk taking last few weeks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fry78 View Post
    You don't need any tools - that is a myth for the stats nerds (who have ruined the game as far as I am concerned)
    There are many who create a persona for themselves as some kind of guru - lots of cliques have developed.
    I have seen fellas being talked out of quitting the game because they are 'valued members' of the fantasy football community.
    Real ego stroking stuff . - I remember thinking you would swear a fella is on a window ledge and going to jump.

But then I was proved right the oracles of the fantasy football community - started going on about how fantasy football can affect peoples 'mental health'.
    That angle of 'discussion' has crept in more and more with them without a hint of irony!

Thankfully, it does not look like the cm0102 site is going to be ruined in the same way as I feel (dare I say it) the individuals here are more mature. And there is no hysterics - in comparison to today's new generation of fantasy football 'community'. That is the vibe I get anyway.
    There was a hacking 'scandal' where high profile fantasy football scout leaders fpl accounts were hacked.
    I found the reactions unintentionally hilarious, as it was as if it was a therapy session or the lads had died! There was lots of consoling going on in somber tones. Silly stuff.

Personally I just watch the games and the fixture lists - they have described me as old school!
    I have found myself not using any of the so called 'must see' fantasy football sites much anymore - it is just noise
    I think with our league - half the people forget or don't bother after a few weeks then the rest of us do have a decent interest but maybe go off gut feeling more than going to technical about it

Whatever floats ya boat though isn't it

Still don't think it's as crazy/intense at NFL fantasy in the US from what I hear!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think with our league - half the people forget or don't bother after a few weeks then the rest of us do have a decent interest but maybe go off gut feeling more than going to technical about it

Whatever floats ya boat though isn't it

Still don't think it's as crazy/intense at NFL fantasy in the US from what I hear!
    Sure some people start looking in the gossip pages/twitter/Instagram to when xyz footballers baby is due.
    That is the levels it has reached for some!

vCash
    That would have helped with the Vardy situation

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Looks like my captain Vardy didn't play today so I'll have to make do with KdB's vice captain points.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

vCash

He played alright mate

Awful week again for me

Solid 12 points from Pope on the bench

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash

He played alright mate

Awful week again for me

Solid 12 points from Pope on the bench
    Haha. Only joking.

Poor week all round for most I see.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

31. The Following User Says Thank You to barfly14 For This Useful Post:

Stories Mod

vCash
    Went with Trent as DGW captain. Knew a couple of others would.
    I bottled the Triple Captain though.

fry and drkshadow1 have gone 3x TAA though so now I have to pray that he blanks just so they don't get away from me.

vCash
    Gone triple on Mane myself

Brought Salah in for Sterling - Sterling didn't do much tonight. Him and Bernardo Silva not been great last couple of months. WTF has happened to David Silvas well - I know he's retiring but hardly plays now!

Few people got lucky on Aguero coming on and scoring

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast