Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reverse Grid

Is it calendar year, rather than season? It might make sense then.

Edit: I'm wrong. Chelsea lost nearly £14M last month alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    On the finances, I did add managers for MK Dons, Liverpool and Chelsea and took screenies of the finances, then CTRL+ALT+DEL without saving

So Chelsea and Liverpool are keeping their heads above water, but I don't understand the big losses this year as it has only been a couple of months. Perhaps big ware bills and no gate money ?
    MK Dons look sound and could well compete with the teams coming up.
    And no TV money, that helps so much in the Prem

vCash
    I have always assumed that AI operated teams don 't really have a budget and that the programme doesn't keep track of expenses and income, but that they can spend realistic fake amounts.

vCash
    If Gate Receipts are £10 per person in the EPL they are £2.50 per person in League One. That's 400k per game versue 100k per game with a 40k crowd. With high wages it's fairly grim for the clubs trying to maintain this without selling players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I have always assumed that AI operated teams don 't really have a budget and that the programme doesn't keep track of expenses and income, but that they can spend realistic fake amounts.
    I donít know for sure, but I think that for the playable leagues it does keep track. It wouldnít be hard to code so I can't imagine why they wouldnít.

vCash
    Been curious to start reading about this story and what it's all about. Leamington in the top flight

Love the mention of Tony Breeden at the end of the first season to keep Leamington up! It takes a special manager to pull that off

Stoke finishing 12th in the National League. Typical!

Southport v Liverpool in the Community Shield - AMC must be torn!

Some top players certainly not shy about dropping down to the Conference level!

The England squad It's like my Pride of England story all over again

Now the first season is out of the way, I expect club reps to start increasing now that they're in Europe, etc.

Are future transfers still in place to the big teams in the lower leagues too? Another advantage to them there!

Crouchy for England!

Sad to see the small clubs struggled in Europe, no surprise there unfortunately.

Leamington comfortably midtable in their second season Stoke slightly better in finishing 8th. Salford Man City finding it easy. I really hope they start to struggle otherwise they'll be straight back to the EPL before you know it.

Simon Grayson in the top 20 managers!

Wow, you were offered the Leamington job! You should have taken it, it's a wonderful place to work!

Leamington relegated Three years in, it shows that the teams who were initially above the bigger teams really aren't making any improvement. MK Dons winning the title, the ones coming up in earlier seasons recording back to back promotions. Stoke 8th again! Salford lost to Man City in the League Cup. Can you picture the face of Neville, Neville, Giggs, Butt and Beckham?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Are future transfers still in place to the big teams in the lower leagues too? Another advantage to them there!

Wow, you were offered the Leamington job! You should have taken it, it's a wonderful place to work!
    I didn't do anything with the preset transfers. That is now a bit of a problem for some clubs as dross from the reserve teams are filling their squads.

I was on holiday when the Leamington job was offered. That said I wouldn't have taken it as this is about restoring (or not) the natural order. That said, after this story has run it's course, there might be an interesting challenge.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    That said, after this story has run it's course, there might be an interesting challenge.
    You could maybe upload the .sav (when you're done) and people could try to resurrect a former giant
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash

January transfers and for the first time, none of the big 6 clubs have made any significant signings. That said, Man City will surely miss Roberto Firmino. Portsmouth and Chesterfield look to be the ones strengthening for the final push

I'm slightly surprised that all interest in Europe is again over before the new year. Guisley had a famous 2-1 win at home to Real Madrid, but were still bottom of the group. Kidderminster did progress, beating Steua and getting a 0-0 draw in Levekusen to take 3rd place and MK Dons were comfortably 3rd in their group.

Europa League last 32 gave MK Dons a tough draw as they went down 5-2 against Milan. Kidderminster will be most disappointed as Kilmarnock offered them a great chance to progress, but a 0-1 defeat in the home leg couldn't be rescued and that was the only goal of the tie.

Salford and Man City made it to the 3rd round of the Europa League before going out to Lazio and Atalanta. I think City will be disappointed. I'll check the coefficients again at the end of the season.

The England squad is looking a little more familiar as key players make it to clubs at higher levels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    You could maybe upload the .sav (when you're done) and people could try to resurrect a former giant
    No problem with that

Chesterfield seem to have been strengthening in most windows. Three players in the England squad now. Five Portsmouth players in there though.

I'm surprised Man City got into Europe by winning the league cup. I thought it was always the PL place that took that spot nowadays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Chesterfield seem to have been strengthening in most windows. Three players in the England squad now. Five Portsmouth players in there though.

I'm surprised Man City got into Europe by winning the league cup. I thought it was always the PL place that took that spot nowadays.
    Me too. Sunderland also made europe via that route last season. Think it might be a saturn patch bug

vCash
    England squad slowly improving as you go along.

Bet Real Madrid loved losing in that 3k capacity stadium

vCash
    The League Cup winners still get into Europe IRL, just they go in a round earlier than FA Cup winners and 5th place team. Usually a top 6 side win it so we don't notice

Ah okay. That explains it. It is a better system, giving 'other' teams more of a chance of getting into Europe.

vCash
    I donít know what everyone else thinks but if Kingsley saves this after 5 or 10 seasons we could all do some sort of challenge or story. Either all download the save and take a different team on and make a story or all do the same team and do some type of challenge...

vCash
    If anyone wants the save at any time let me know and Iíll make it available

vCash
    If anyone wants the save at any time let me know and Iíll make it available
    Iím defo interested, will wait for a few more seasons to pan out. Iíd say 10 years would be a good point but I know some on here donít like the world of regen so maybe a 5 year.

Either way this is something different and got everyone wanting to see more

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    I donít know what everyone else thinks but if Kingsley saves this after 5 or 10 seasons we could all do some sort of challenge or story. Either all download the save and take a different team on and make a story or all do the same team and do some type of challenge...
    Yes, that's cool, but you can't have several people do spin-off stories because that will confuse readers, I think.

Perhaps we can do something together, as a team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Yes, that's cool, but you can't have several people do spin-off stories because that will confuse readers, I think.

Perhaps we can do something together, as a team?
    Or we all take on the same challenge

vCash

The most surprising observation on the end of season tables is the lack of surprise. Even the final day drama at the top of the Premier League for the 3rd season out of 4 is hardly a surprise. MK Dons looked to be cruising to their 2nd title in a row, but there was always the final 2 games, against Sunderland and Portsmouth to negotiate. Sunderland won the first of them to close to within 2 points going into the final day. When they then went 2-0 down at home to Portsmouth, nails were being bitten, especially when Sunderland took a 1-0 lead at Alfreton. Right on the half-time whistle, AlŪpio gave the Dons fans some hope by pulling one back. 3 minutes into the second half and the equaliser came from England international midfielder Pelly Ruddock, however Sunderland were still top by a single goal difference advantage. Squeaky bum time at both grounds. 10 minutes remained and it was still the same situation, but Alfereton had been threatening. They got their equaliser with 8 minutes left and held out to trigger wild celebrations at Stadium MK.

At the other end, former champions Southport start their slide, along with FC United and Blyth Spartans. Can any of them avoid 6 relegations in a row ?

No surprise to see Aston Villa and West Brom making it 4 promotions in a row and they must be amongst the favourites to topple the mighty MK Dons. Exeter have earned their 2nd promotion after 3 years in the Championship.

Leamington make it back to back relegations while Darlington and Bradford PA make their 2nd drop since we started.

City and Arsenal are making a mockery of their leagues. In total, City have lost just 10 league games, scoring 512 times in the process. Arsenal are not far behind, losing 14 and scoring 475. Colchester bounce back after last season's relegation.

Southend return to League Two 2 seasons after promotion, Nuneaton make it 3 relegations in a row after starting in the Premier while Harrogate make go down for the second time in 2 years. It is Orients first taste of relegation

United and Tottenham will be hot on the tails of their rivals and are also far to good for the competition they now face. Crewe return to League One via the playoffs, 2 years after their relegation while Bristol Rovers make their first move.

Notts County and Crawley are both making their second relegations.

Is it a surprise that Liverpool miss out again ? West Ham and Middlesbrough are the ones to take the 2 promotion slots. Everton and Wolves also fail to make the cut along with Liverpool. This really is a tough league to get out of and is only going to get harder.

Dovers relegation is their 4th in a row in which they have won just 20 games and conceded a whopping 437 goals. Port Vale will be facing Stoke for just a single season as they make their 3rd relegation. Bristol City go down for the first time

Chelsea again disappointed, leaving the door open for Watford, Fulham (relegated in year 1) and Burnley to join the National League log jam.

Welling and Woking go straight back down to the Sunday Leagues and are joined by Wigan. Solihull do well to avoid 4 relegations in a row.

Is it a surprise that a Premier League Team beat a League Two side in the FA Cup final ?

Spurs did get their European qualification via the League Cup, but failed to make it a cup double although the fans will be pleased with promotion and 3 finals.

England lose more UEFA coefficient points, but no more places.

vCash
    Ah man you would have thought Southport could of at least stayed in the top league a while longer!

City and Arsenal are coming soon watch out...

Wow Liverpool are struggling, shocking to see Boro go up!

Chelsea are becoming a small club

Spurs lose the FA Cup to York but beat MK Dons in League Cup, you may have thought that would be the other way round!

vCash
    I can't print every clubs squad, but if anyone has a request, or other info they would like to see, I'll try to oblige.

vCash
    Gutted to see Leamington relegated again

Stoke getting closer to promotion after two 8th place finished, 4th this time.

Annoying to see Man City and Arsenal still doing so well, though perhaps not surprising.

MK Dons quickly becoming the new Man City!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast