Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Reverse Grid

vCash
    Chelsea and Liverpool, hard to believe!

Compare that to City and Arsenal!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    The amount of big clubs still floundering in the Conference North is amazing.

Swansea must be in financial ruin to only 4 pts out of going out of the league? It's still the most (or 2nd most) competitive division too though

Salford are hanging about near the top as others fall away. York's FA Cup win is a surprise. If they don't invest wisely they'll be on the way down next season, and they haven't shown much intention to strengthen up to now despite success on the pitch.

All three clubs promoted from North could find themselves still in the National League at the end of next season.

I'm impressed that a couple of clubs have managed to turn things around, getting promoted back to leagues they had been relegated from.

vCash
    MK Dons with yet another league title, just Europe to conquer now but I imagine that maybe a little more tricky for them Southport falling further back to 11th

Pompey and Sunderland in the big time after yet another promotion for each side, Nuneaton dropping like a stone though. Villa and West Brom also enjoying another promotion, while no surprise Man City and Arsenal dominated League Two, but once again Liverpool can't make it back into the football league after falling apart late on, while I didn't think Ipswich would drop out the leagues all together.

No FA Trophy repeat for Liverpool either

I wonder how low England's co-efficient will get and when (possibly if) it'll recover at any point.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash

Eye catching are the big cash injections for Chesterfield and Man Utd, but neither of them have reinvested. How will United get on without Martial ? And how will that impact on their battle with Arsenal who have slashed the cash ?

In the Premier League, a lack of activity by MK Dons is noticable. Sunderland spent big early in July, which was followed by a reaction from Aston Villa and West Brom. I fully expect them to be the top 3, although again Kidderminster have been very active.

Liverpool and Chelsea have both lost their leading scorers from the past 2 years (Moses and Batshuayi) along with several other key players

The UEFA co-efficients must get changed at the summer data update as despite what I said in the last update, England have lost a Champions League place, but gained one in the Europa League. They are now only2.59 points ahead of Scotland . Game On !

For this season, Champions MK Dons go directly to the group stage and have drawn Frankfurt, Lazio and PAOK and must have a chance of 3rd place at least. They are joined by Sunderland who beat Lech Poznan and now have a tough group against Barcelona, Krasnodar and Porto

Kidderminster made it 5 teams in the Europa League by beating Belenenses, CSU Craiova and Esbjerg en route through the qualifying. They now face Antalyaspor of Turkey in the Third round proper. At the same stage, Spurs will play Malm FF, Salford face Azerbaijani side Sumgayit, Portsmouth have drawn Jablonec (Poland) and York have a trip to Turkey and Y. Malatyaspor

Again you would expect a couple of them to progress.
    Last edited by Kingsley; 28-08-19 at 02:03 PM.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    The amount of big clubs still floundering in the Conference North is amazing.

Swansea must be in financial ruin to only 4 pts out of going out of the league? It's still the most (or 2nd most) competitive division too though
    Getting out of the National/National North quickly looks to be key. Once in League Two, there looks to be no stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Salford are hanging about near the top as others fall away. York's FA Cup win is a surprise. If they don't invest wisely they'll be on the way down next season, and they haven't shown much intention to strengthen up to now despite success on the pitch.

All three clubs promoted from North could find themselves still in the National League at the end of next season.

I'm impressed that a couple of clubs have managed to turn things around, getting promoted back to leagues they had been relegated from.
    I was expecting to plummet once they get relegated, so seeing one or two bucking the trend is good news

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Sunderland look a good title bet... Arsenal going big to get Iwobi back!

Will be funny if we end up with less European spots than Scotland!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

The lack of ambition by MK Dons is disappointing. I hope Kidderminster achieve something this season; and I would like to see Salford hang on in there again, but I doubt whether they have strengthened enough.
    Last edited by Effiong unmarked!; 28-08-19 at 07:49 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sunderland look like they should do the co-efficient some good.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

You know what would be a real challenge trying to manage the next genuine non league team that get promoted to the national league north

18. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    You know what would be a real challenge trying to manage the next genuine non league team that get promoted to the national league north
    Yours if you want it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Ill let this season play out then give it a shot, prob be sacked in months
    Last edited by James_y; 29-08-19 at 09:10 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash

It was a very active January for Man City, with Gabriel Jesus departing and Deulofeu,Aurier and Chambers arriving. Over all it has been a net spend of just 4m over the 2 windows. Across the city at Old Trafford, the sale of Fred makes it 74m of outgoing players and 18 months since they last brought in any new faces.

In the Premier League, Maidenhead look to have been strengthening, along with Kidderminster again, but 2 new faces in the big spenders as Boreham Wood and Curzon Ashton enter the world of the big spenders. Of the likely contenders, West Brom appear to have been the most active

Champions League interest is over for another year. MK Dons gained only a single point at home to PAOK and must be disappointed. Sunderland managed 3rd place in their group, beating Krasnodar home and away and gaining a famous home point against Barcelona. Arkadiusz Milik with the 85th minute penalty after ter Stegen was sent off.

There was more misery in the Europa League where Portsmouth, York and Kidderminster all fell at the first hurdle. Tottenham did progress, only to be beaten by Den Bosch. Salford also went down to Sevilla at the same stage.

That left Sunderland as the last man standing, but not for long as Sevilla again beat English opposition in the last 32. With Rangers still going, the UEFA Co-efficients might be interesting next season.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Embarrassing from English sides in Europe

How are my boys Newcastle doing? Mike Ashley showing 0 ambition as ever?

vCash
    Newcastle are still in Conference North, finishing 16th - 16th - 13th - 14th currently (1st Feb) 11th. FA cup never made it past 5th round.

Ian Holloway is the manager

Star Players Saido Berahino, Philip Billing, Atdhe Nuhiu

Finances OK

Can't even get a top half finish, sad times

vCash
    Do you have the original save from Season 1 mate?

vCash
    I have the original from day 1 and at the end of every season

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I have the original from day 1 and at the end of every season
    Awesome.. Can I possibly get the save from Day 1 please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Topofthekop View Post
    Awesome.. Can I possibly get the save from Day 1 please
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/zjg8z5

Any Saturn v7 patch should work, but if you have problems, I'll upload my .exe

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/zjg8z5

Any Saturn v7 patch should work, but if you have problems, I'll upload my .exe
    Thanks bud..

vCash

Well I was not expecting this ! Premier League 2nd to 7th, even big spending Maidenhead in 8th you might have predicted, but York ! And not even a final day decider, they led from week 11 and had the title sewn up with 3 games to spare.

At the other end, Kidderminster didn't get much return for their spending, but atleast they did survive. Chester, Brackley and Alfreton start the slippery slope

The Championship top 2 was pretty much inevitable and I did hope that they might have more trouble getting to the Premier League. Can't see them being stopped next year. Hats off to Ebbsfleet who get promoted after missing out in the play-offs 4 years running.

FC United make it back to back relegations, but former Premier League champions Southport survived and nearly made the play-offs

Equally as predictable is United and Spurs winning League One. They are joined by Bradford PA who return to The Championship just 12 months after relegation.

It is however a second relegation for Halifax, a third for Darlington and a third in a row for Leamington, who have won just 14 league games in the last 3 years

West Ham and Middlesbrough both continue their rises. This is probaly the easiest league to get out of as there are only 2 teams promoted from National and 4 places to aim for.

Barrow and Harrogate both make their 3rd relegations, in Harrogate's case, consecutive

Where are Liverpool ? Must be gutting to see Everton sail past them and are joined by Watford who are making back to back promotions. It is getting congested with Wolves, Leicester and Burnley, along with Liverpool all battling for 2 places. And it is only going to get worse.

Notts County and Crawley both make their 3rd relegations

After being relegated to the Sunday Leagues in the first season, it is a dramatic response from Huddersfield, while again, Chelsea miss out. Looking at what is left, surely they will do it next year.

Swansea need to focus on what Huddersfield achieved and will hope to come back stronger.

Sunderland being runners up in the League will be pleased with 2 cup finals, especially beating West Brom for the FA Cup. Will Arsenal making Europ help or hinder them in the Premier League next year ?

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Do Swansea have many players? Are they one of the those clubs where the chairman just doesn't buy anyone.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

What a shocker with York!

Liverpool has an awful season and its still bad times for Chelsea.

Expecting Arsenal and City to start dominating next season.

Any chance of the save now 5 seasons are done mate?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Do Swansea have many players? Are they one of the those clubs where the chairman just doesn't buy anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    What a shocker with York!

Liverpool has an awful season and its still bad times for Chelsea.

Expecting Arsenal and City to start dominating next season.

Any chance of the save now 5 seasons are done mate?
    I'll look at the Swansea squad and load up the save later

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast