Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Reverse Grid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Have they started closing parts of St. James Park or are Newcastle still financially sound?
    When I loaded up the saved game Kingsley posted a year ago finances were listed insecure.

vCash
    That makes it four!

Liverpool, though!!

And Chelsea? Will it be too little, too late?

But then again, you don't want to end up with the usual Big Six now, do you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    When I loaded up the saved game Kingsley posted a year ago finances were listed insecure.
    They have made £3.4m profit in transfers over the last 12 months
    The squad is just 27 players and the average wage just £10k, so I guess that is how the finances have improved as attendances are still around 5,000
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Just read the lot!
    Great idea this Kingsley, but I expect nothing less from the King of CM Stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen UEFA coefficients cut so drastically. Effectively it is only the top 2 from the league who qualify (2nd have to go through Europa League qualifying). Huge bonus now for winning one of the cups.
    I think the co efficients change on the day that European Qualifers are announced so thats the time to have a look. The rolling 5 year points system saved England for a while but after that 5 years of failure, they have tanked, Sunderland (of all teams it had to be them) looked like they might give it a little boost but England will need to keep getting teams in the latter stages to get it back up again and it'll probably take more than a decade to get it back to anywhere near where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Newcastle finances are "OK" so I guess not in any significant debt
    I'm not sure where it started, but St. James is a 60,000 capacity. Has that been increased ?
    Real life capacity is 52,000 so it's gone up. They have improved year one year for the last three or so, so I'm looking forward to them actually getting a promotion this time. They can't fail can they? Hardly any 'real life' Premier League teams left in there.

Once again, great experiment and look forward to seeing what happens next.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

Disappointing, but maybe Kidderminster, MKD, and Salford will establish themselves at least. York seem to be very inconsistent from one year to the next but might still rise back up. It does just look like the old order will be largely restored though, even if it takes Liverpool and Chelsea longer than the rest.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789