Thread: Hello

vCash

Hello

Hi all

Thought I'd introduce myself

I think Cm0102 was /is like a drug and I've been "clean" for about 15 years, briefly played away with Football Manager for a while and then stopped altogether as real life got on the way.

Then I read that Diamond Geezers blog at the start of the year and I felt the old cravings return slowly.

Anyway long story short, i was back at my parents clearing out my nostalgia /junk and I came across my Cm0102 disk. I'd say it was fate but it wasn't, I was hunting for it (yes I know it's free to download). I also found my copy of Sim City 2000 which was installed using 2 floppy disks, Cm97/98 and a cassette of 3 Lions 98. I feel I should open a museum.

All my old cm0102 files have been kept as I've changed computers but alas I can play none because it seems I tinkered around with the editor when I was 15 (I think I had a patch including Harchester United from Dream Team!) and it comes up with the error
    v3.9.68 index..cpp 5809

I admit I'm slightly gutted because I'd have loved to see how far I got but ah well, new beginnings...

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash

Sounds like you are from God's Country - fellow Welshie myself

Not sure if you have any patches etc but that error is this

v3.9.68 index..cpp 5809 error(s): There is a mismatch between the Data folder and cm0102.exe used.
    Solution: Download an exe from post#2.

Might be worth a fresh install (after uninstalling)

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

Then you can add any patches like Saturn/Tapani/Nick etc which give competition renaming, coloured attributes etc

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Welcome! Sorry to hear you've relapsed...

Hope you can get your save game fixed!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    A Watford fan then?

Sim City 2000 Think I had that on PS1!

vCash
    Thanks fingers crossed but no bad thing to start again.

Yep, Watford fan (still recovering from the FA cup final...). whilst I consider the Welsh mid / North West Coast to be my spiritual home I'm not Welsh and unfortunately no longer live there (sorry for misleading!)

vCash

you need to drop the grudge you have with the hornet in Aberystwyth welcome mate