Thread: Training - Player attribute stats stagnate or drop - Your solutions!

vCash

Training - Player attribute stats stagnate or drop - Your solutions!

Hi all.

I've had a read of Eejit's guide a few times and the training threads in the past but still seem to have the issue of players not improving or decreasing in attributes.

Even with a club like Chelsea where I had the best coaches, the best facilities, it seemed to be an issue.

How is it that players are able to develop with the AI teams yet as soon as they arrive at your club, almost immediately, you notice a few of the numbers decrease.

There are some players of course who do improve, but it's quite annoying/frustrating to see you buy a player for X amount then see he has already started decreasing in ability.

I noticed the fitness attributes are often the quickest things to decrease so I always have a schedule where fitness is intensive and the rest medium fur outfield players.

The issue here is that the overall fatigue levels increase for players and certain players need to be put back on an all-medium schedule to recover.

I wanted to know what in your experience (the forum veterans) ensured the best possible chance of improving player attribute points or at least keeping them from dropping.

Thanks in advance!

Ps. An example... Houssem Aouar of Lyon. In one save I signed him very young. His stats did not develop very well despite the best coaches and facilities and consistent game time.

With the AI at Lyon, however, be develops into a player with lots of 19s and 20s in other saves.
    Last edited by Foggy; 08-08-19 at 07:00 AM.

vCash
    Zero replies.
    :|

Hmmm...

vCash
    Check this post https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...833#post343833

I'm testing it out right now and I seem to yield good results.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kaf For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kaf View Post
    Check this post https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...833#post343833

I'm testing it out right now and I seem to yield good results.
    Just to clarify... The coaching outfield players needs to add up to 50-55?

Is there a problem with it adding up to 49 for example? Or 60? I'm assuming not but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks.

vCash
    50 seems to be the maximum required - anything over doesn't seem to either benefit or detract - if I recall correctly.
    I've posted this before but there was an experiment many years ago on one of the old forums (pre thedugout I think) and a guy rotated one intense area every two weeks (the rest on medium for outfielders) and he got some great results across the board - apparently it takes 2 weeks to bump up the stats on "intense" then nothing, the "medium" maintained the gains and then the "intense" went to another area and improved that - by the time it rotated around the "intense" area worked again, when it would have stagnated otherwise.
    I'm not convinced of the value of training, the threads covering intrinsic values seem to indicate a definite diminishing return (training an area that isn't specific to the exact position will have a knock on effect to make the others reduce in their effectiveness - having a great "throw ins" stat will detract from having a great "positioning" stat - for example.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1369phil For This Useful Post:

Faceless is offline Official Challenge Team
    KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    In my experience, even you have best coach, training facility and training schedule. If you bought a player at their peak. Their stats might drop anyway. But this shouldn't effect their performance much. No way to know for sure without external tools