Striker sorted there for rest of the story

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Mijatovic looks like a BEAST - yessssssssssssssssssss

Striker sorted there for rest of the story
    Agreed, my eyes literally widened
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Let's go

After battering the Estonian team on they away game the home game was just a ''get over with it'', the next opponent would be a Greek team Aris Salonika and i thought that would be a much harder hurdle maybe the end of our European journey?

So far...
    The game against Imotska...when i look at the final score it brings all the frustrations back...it felt like ''you will lose today no matter what!''

Aris at home ...a shocker!

image uploading website

My team surprised me with the performance and the result was almost to good....if we score one away i doubt that there's any hope for Aris.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MauroG For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great start to the story and Istra are doing exceptionally well. Lets hope for a quick promotion to the Croatian topflight
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Great start to the story and Istra are doing exceptionally well. Lets hope for a quick promotion to the Croatian topflight
    Yeah, promotion is our main goal. Europe is just a bonus for our finances.

vCash

Hot in Spain

We pulled a draw away in Greece so of to next round & we are topping the league, beaten away our first rivals for the title Uskok.

where is woodforest bank located

The 2nd Round Uefa cup

My players never played in front of 30k+ crowd, hope they don't get shaky legs. The highest attendance was 4,5k in the semi final of the Croatian cup at Poljud against Hajduk Split last year.
    Done all the motivational speech stuff pre-match and hoped that i would trick somehow my players to play beyond their skill level and we don't get battered.

Not full but still a big crowd. Attendance 33388

m&t bank near me

I don't know how but..they made me proud....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MauroG For This Useful Post:

vCash

Stunning result !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    WTF?!

Looks like it could have been more if Sevilla keeper was MOM!

vCash
    WTF?!

Looks like it could have been more if Sevilla keeper was MOM!
    I was assuming the same

vCash
    Winter has come

It's time fore the 2nd leg against Sevilla, despite the positive away result we are not delusional.
    A crowd of 4820 fans appeared at the Gradski stadium.

They were dominant from the fist minute and scored two goals pretty easy i decided it's all in time, switched from normal to attacking mentality.
    We started playing much better but in the end it just wasn't enough. Was it the ''normal mentality''? or reality hit, we are a 2nd division side from Croatia and they are a top7-8 club from Spain Primera?

Mid-season break

We did cash in our Europe journey and went from 700k in red to 200k in green.
    We started do get offers for our two top players Erceg SC(who still wasn't the goal machine that i expected he improved his stats from last year but not that much) and Zupan MC. Osijek came with a bit of 400k for Zupan(that was his market value) i told them 2 000 000 or no go, in the hope they back off and leave us alone...and they offer the demanded price! Under normal circumstances i would accept and get a new player asap, but with this resrtictions i gave it longer thought.

League table was looking good, 13 games to go.

Time to say good bye. I decided to let him go the offer was just to good my only concern was that his sub will not perform and we wouldn't be able to get promoted.

Last edited by MauroG; 15-08-19 at 10:16 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MauroG For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great price for Zupan even though tough to let him go

Great effort v Sevilla 2nd leg

Good to see some cash come in from that

Flying in the league - cigar out soon

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Unlucky in UEFA Cup, great effort

Id have taken 2m too will help balance your books and I think you will still go up

21. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well i sold him to boost our finances and our training facilities dropped from GOOD to ADEQUATE, so i went to the board and demanded to improve them and they agreed.

vCash
    Getting where we belong

As i expected(with a little bit of doubt, sold Zupan and a month later the same team came for Erceg) we won the league.

Tomo played well for us, but i wasn't able to bring the best out of him..to score like a mad man and he wasn't the youngest any more.

We got pretty quickly a sub for Tomo a real life legend of Croatian first division football Veldin Karic. He didn't play since last summer but there was no doubt that he has some quality
    He got 1 cap for Bosnia in this game in real life he got three for Croatia

The last few games after we secured the tittle i tried my promising Fwd Mijatovic in a new role as a lone striker, he did perform well in the two upfront formation but didn't score...

I'm happy to announce that we are the only team with four Croatia u21 players!

Top goal scorer last season.

Despite the fact that i got this message i didn't see some visible improvement! ''You improved what?!?!?'' i was fuming as i left the meeting with the board....200-300k gone improved from adequate to adequate!??!(probably improved a bit but not enough! Not good/top what i wanted!) Who knows where this money went....i turned my thoughts back to my team...

Happy to announce that our most promising youngster signed 10 years contracts without minimum fee release clause.(Lukic also )

Still hopping to get a keeper or two on free....

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MauroG For This Useful Post:

Lets hope you have enough to stay up and compete in the top league but youve got some good youngsters and a good base there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Lets hope you have enough to stay up and compete in the top league but youve got some good youngsters and a good base there
    I hope so, in the first season we played against some top 1st division teams and we performed well, doubt that we got weaker comparing to 1st season.

vCash
    Congrats on that promotion.
    Some excellent youngsters, but moving up a league you will meet a better class. Hajduk, Dinamo Zagreb and Rijeka always have top squads

vCash
    Congrats on that promotion.
    Some excellent youngsters, but moving up a league you will meet a better class. Hajduk, Dinamo Zagreb and Rijeka always have top squads
    Tnx . Let's not forget Varteks, Osijek and Slaven Belupo they tend to be a challenge even when you are Hajduk or Dinamo.

vCash
    Mid-season

Season start finances.
    Counting on that there will be still around 2m at the end of the season and our training facilities will get to the desired level (adequate atm)

As we have a Croatian players only business policy that should be the consequences

2nd round of the Croatian cup.

Table was looking very nice, i would lie if i would say that i wasn't hopping for a scenario like that .
    After a performance like that hoping to finish at least top3.

The media noticed the newcomers to.

The tactic that made it possible.

The player that didn't play much i our first two seasons grabbed his chance in this one with booth hands.

That's the reason...

Our goal machine.

This seasons disappointment..so far(there are still 13 games to be played)

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MauroG For This Useful Post:

vCash
    At the Gates of Heaven

Despite the bad start and Hajduk moving 6pts ahead of us, i knew there are still 10 games to be played, that's 30pts!

I managed to motivate my team for the next few games where we won 6 out of 7 ''we have to take it game by game and don't look at the table and play our best footy!''

The injuries and bans did make it much harder for our small team, the youngsters had do step up and they did!

Hajduk started to drop points and doing us a big favour!

League table, three more games to go!

While looking at the table and our 1 point lead the memories from our first season came back and 45 min that were between us and the Croatian division 2 title, all kind of negative thoughts and feelings started to rush in....''We have everything in our hands''...we blew it once...are we a ''losers'' team?....can we blew it twice?

The last three games, two home one away to Zagreb who easily beaten us in the Cup 3-0.

Our rivals last three games, also 2 home one away.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to MauroG For This Useful Post:

vCash

I'm amaxed by how well you have done

Can you do it

This could be the quickest and shortest story ever

vCash
    Superb effort. I think you will both win your final home games, so the next 2 for you look like the important ones. Hajduk's run in does look easier on paper

vCash

I'm amaxed by how well you have done

Can you do it

This could be the quickest and shortest story ever
    Same here

I was thinking about a new goal maybe same restrictions and win a European cup?, don't want to end this save so fast .

36. The Following User Says Thank You to MauroG For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Superb effort. I think you will both win your final home games, so the next 2 for you look like the important ones. Hajduk's run in does look easier on paper
    I hope so, could be tricky we are still the newbies in the league , wouldn't be surprised if we lose to Dinamo or Zagreb, hope not

vCash
    Season finale 1/2

First out of our last three games we were facing Dinamo Zagreb a top team that wasn't performing well(if you are Dinamo only titles count!) last season finished 3rd and the first 2nd, this season they could finish 4th.

My only concern was my young goalie ''just don't have a blackout''
    He conceded less then a goal per game and a average rating of 7.37 was looking really good, just hope for solid last three performances .

Match day, let's go!

BaaaM!

How did Hajduk perform?

So still 1 point ahead and two games to go!

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MauroG For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast