Thread: Benchmarking

vCash

Benchmarking

Hi everyone,

Really sorry but I just need to be clear on a few things so please bear with me as I want to do my own benchmarking.

In a previous thread I think GFRay provided a link to Tapani's zip file for benchmarking which contained "a.sav" and the exe. Also included was Tapani's description on what to do with these files.

Grateful if someone could answer the following:

1. Which version of the game should these files be used with - 3.9.68 or updated/Tapanified db? I presume the former?
    2. I've run the files in 3.9.68 - which team should I be looking at in terms of league position? PAS Giannina? (as this team appears in the hall of fame).
    3. I presume the tactic to be tested goes in the user tactics folder - this is what I've done.

Again, sorry for my basic questions but I need to be clear on using these files and clear on interpreting the results they generate.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Darth Vader; 13-08-19 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Changing Dermotron to GFRay

vCash
    I had som trouble doing this, but I got it working after some initial problems. If I remember correctly it has to be 3.9.68T. First you have to load the game, load the tactic you want to test, then save&exit the game. Then use cmd and type in the command to test.

vCash
    Thanks AtomicAnt - where can I get 3.9.68T from?

vCash
    This is what I've been using...

Originally Posted by Tapani
    Ok, I have created a benchmark save candidate:

http://tapani.homeftp.org/cm/BM-v1.0.zip

On my computer, it takes around 12 seconds for a season.
    Also, the accompanying exe writes the benchmark result to the file "benchresult.txt" after each run.
    This makes it possible to benchmark many times in a row, fully automated.

So to run the benchmark 20 times (without having to lift a finger to copy results) do:
    Start a command prompt
    Navigate to your CM folder
    Code:
    for /l %x in (1, 1, 20) do start /wait cm0102_bm.exe -load a.sav
    The league tables are all in benchresult.txt !

(Obviously you need to place the cm0102_bm.exe and a.sav in your CM folder.)

EDIT: The tiny database I used is also included in the zip, but unless you want to create a new game you do not need that

vCash
    Doesn't it say 3.9.68T in the top left corner when you fire up the game using cm0102_bm.exe?

vCash
    I'll check. May abandon this though. I was just curious as to what the benchmarking showed and which team is used for benchmarking in a.sav.

Thanks for your help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    I'll check. May abandon this though. I was just curious as to what the benchmarking showed and which team is used for benchmarking in a.sav.

Thanks for your help.
    Open cm0102_bm.exe and load a.sav, PAS Giannina is already selected
    Open the tactics screen and load your tactic, then save the game and exit
    Run bench.bat
    Your scores will be stored in benchresult.txt, load it up in Excel and just filter PAS Giannina scores

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ^Jack^ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Jack - perfect, thank you. Ran it and things were OK.

vCash
    Hi,

For me everything seems to work fine, but at the end I can’t find the benchresult.txt file. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?
    Thanks

vCash
    Found the problem. In the properties of cm0102_bm.exe I had to tick the “run as administrator” box.