Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Computers/Laptops

vCash
    Exactly that Jesus. You can ask the shop you order parts from to assemble it for you for bit of cash.

Patz replied nicely to Coys question too.

As for lack of floppy disk, well, it's quite common nowadays. Especially if there are tons of variety to pendrives.

I haven't got floppy disk drive for 6 years now. Not missing it .

I should have added this to opening post as why to avoid mainstream build machines, but forgot.

The answer is simple, they go for the lowest price possible. That means they have to save money on something... Probably PSU and GPU as usual.

The problem with this GPU they offer is... It's slow (on par with 550Ti of last generation O_O).

If it really costs 600E you are better with mine 2nd setup...

Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    sarcasm info, sarcasm.

i am fully aware that floppy disk isn't necessary. it was a joke.

vCash
    Yeah, thought as much after posting this xD. He can't be serious haha .

vCash
    Also it really wouldn't take a person who knows what they're doing that long to put all the parts together, so if you get a stupid quote just for putting it together then look elsewhere. I'm not sure about Info but for me it wouldn't take more than an hour to put one together and get an operating system set up, and depending on the area you could be looking at people charging around the 15-20 p/h mark, so that's a decent guide to go by.

vCash
    Shame I know nothing about putting computers together as my partners has broke down today. Am assuming it is the onboard graphics card as it powers up, but fails to show anything on monitor.

Putting a PC together from scratch would probably be cheaper for us than buying a prebuilt one from a shop.

vCash
    Sounds like it's the graphics point on the blip If you have another desktop with a separate graphics card, take it out, put it into a spare PCI/AGP slot and boot it up to see if it works in her machine.

Putting a PC together from scratch is cheaper but you have to bear in mind the operating system costs etc. However sometimes you can get excellent deals where it is cheaper to buy one then building one yourself.

vCash
    Actually obtaining OS (Win 7 should be getting price cuts) is easy. Installing it should be a breeze too .

Sorry for not updating the thread. Tad busy @work with over 1500 laptops delivered .

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Have plumped for Lenovo U410
    i7 processor 1TB

vCash
    what did you pay mate?

vCash
    It's always easy when you have the resources isn't it Info

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Sounds like it's the graphics point on the blip If you have another desktop with a separate graphics card, take it out, put it into a spare PCI/AGP slot and boot it up to see if it works in her machine.

Putting a PC together from scratch is cheaper but you have to bear in mind the operating system costs etc. However sometimes you can get excellent deals where it is cheaper to buy one then building one yourself.
    Yeh I had thought similar myself when everything else had been checked for loose connections etc.. I think there may be a spare tower upstairs so will take a look at that and see if graphics card is separate and test it out.

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Just over 700 - free rucksack thing, free 3 year warranty, some free red messenger shit
    And the laptop

vCash

Surface Pro

Anyone got one: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-...-windows-8-pro

I need a small Tablet for work and its either this or an Ipad... looks like it could be a pain to get used to though but has so many more benefits business wise than the iPad.

Thoughts?

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    Well I do like the freedom that you get from not having to be a slave to iProducts.... but I know next to nothing about the Windows 8 tab tbh....

vCash

AMD A8-4500M

Hello all,

Not too sure where to post this.

I am currently looking to buy a new laptop. I have the choice between the AMD A8-4500M Quad Core 1.9GHz processor and the i7-3632QM Quad Core 2.2GHz processor.

Now the i7 is the better processor. However it is almost twice the price of the AMD A8-4500M.

Does anybody run CM on an AMD A8-4500M machine. If so please could you advise if it runs quickly?

I can get a little confused with quad core and how it handles old games. CM was obviously not programmed to take advantage of a quad core processor, so does that mean that CM will run quicker with an older but quicker single core processor?

The reason I am drawn to the A8 is because it is a laptop, not a desktop so I am not looking to spend a lot of money on one of the more powerful laptop processors. However I do not want a modern machine that struggles with CM0102.

Many thanks in advance,

Z

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I can get a little confused with quad core and how it handles old games. CM was obviously not programmed to take advantage of a quad core processor, so does that mean that CM will run quicker with an older but quicker single core processor?
    i am very tempted to say yes although i am not an expert in those things.

if you only wanna play cm though, then you can go for a lesser processor

vCash
    I have a dual core processor (its pretty lame processor overall) and 4 gig ram which is plenty enough. I run 4 leagues of CM on max data and it runs pretty fast.

And your right it only uses the one core!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Topofthekop For This Useful Post:

Z

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    I have a dual core processor (its pretty lame processor overall) and 4 gig ram which is plenty enough. I run 4 leagues of CM on max data and it runs pretty fast.

And your right it only uses the one core!
    I thought as much.

I am a Linux user. Now to find out how effectively Wine can use a quad core processor!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I thought as much.

I am a Linux user. Now to find out how effectively Wine can use a quad core processor!
    I've used wine quite effectively myself previously

vCash
    i have an i3 processor mate and it runs all leagues on max DB no problem at all.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BeezerCeltic1967 For This Useful Post:

Z

vCash
    I'm still in the hunt for a gaming PC.

I mostly play MMO's but would like to start playing FPS games too.

Budget of around 500-700 quid if i really want to push it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    I'm still in the hunt for a gaming PC.

I mostly play MMO's but would like to start playing FPS games too.

Budget of around 500-700 quid if i really want to push it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOEpdEHNIa4

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks!!!

I will wait for somebody like Info0 or Pat to come and tell me it's a shit build tho and make me depressed

vCash
    get a ps4 for half the money coys. set for years then

i have always been a friend of gaming pc but overall it just ain't worth it imo (though I don't know how much of a WoW geek you are). At least not now with the consoles coming out.

what new mmo are you playing that you need a top pc for? fps you can play on ps.

If I had the time I'd get a decent PC, but I'm getting old and stuck for time. Massive back catalogue. Cheap as chips games. No subscription required to play online. A lot of indie games hit PC before they get a console release. Some xbox exclusives make their way to PC anyway. That and kickstarter have heaps of potential projects. And, not that I've any interest in it, but the Oculus Rift. Having said all that I would suspect coys is considering the ps4 as well as a PC, no?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3