FORWARDS

Bas Dost
    Felipe Vizeu
    Fernando Forestieri
    Stevan Jovetic
    Vincent Janssen

MONEY

0.1m
    Last edited by trunky; 22-10-19 at 02:55 PM.

Tournaments Won: 13

vCash
    As the last of the journalists filed into the press room the stage was set for the first press conference of the new season. trunky, the new manager of Northampton Town, sat on his own, sweating slightly as the nations hacks looked on.

"I'll answer any questions you have", said the new boss.

"trunky. Why Northampton Town?"

"Simple really, I live in the area and want to take this...erm...once great club back into the top division. next question?"

"What do you mean 'back'?" exclaimed another journalist.

"Erm...what I mean is...erm...I want to take the club to the top league", said a now even sweatier trunky. "next question."

"What do you say to the people who are suggesting that the only reason you are here is a shorter commute?"

"I refute that allegation, It takes at least 25 minutes to get home. Next."

"Will you last the three seasons it will take, if you promote every season, given that you seem to switch clubs in the DTL quite regularly?" asked a smiling journalist.

"Yes, of course", exclaimed trunky, "I'm in it for the long haul. next?"

"Why do you have no English players in your team?"

"What? There is a Richard, a Simon, a Bryan and a Steven. All good English names. Next and last question."

"What is your favourite cheese?

"Brie", said a now very sweaty manager. "Thank you all for coming, see you next week."

And with that trunky eased himself out from the desk and exited the room only to re-enter a second later when he realised he had walked into a cleaning cupboard.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 13

vCash
    "So trunky", said the first hack. "Top of the league, unbeaten, scoring goals, happy?"

"We conceded a goal against local rivals Coventry which I'm not happy about", said the new Northampton Town boss, "But other than that we are doing well."

"After a fine win in the EFL Cup against Forest Green your next opponents are Notts County, currently top of the Championship. Thoughts?" asked another journalist.

"Obviously I've heard about what a fine club Notts County are, huge history, oldest club in the country etc etc but I don't like their manager. He smells of the wrong kind of cheese."

"Erm...what?"

"He smells like Roquefort. Disgusting stuff. Full of mold. Not like Brie. The king of cheeses."

"Right. Erm...any predictions on the game?" asked another newspaper reporter.

"I don't care", said a disgruntled trunky, "As long as I'm not downwind of him, I'll be happy."