Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: turning a team professional problem

  1. #1

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500

    going professional problem

    I'm a LLM (lower league manager), as i love to take a tiny, semi-pro, unpopular team all the way to winning the top division and into europe.
    I have to manually edit the semi-pro team with 'cm explorer' to turn them professional (when they win their first promotion), as the game has no process for this.
    Recently though i have had problems with turning 2 teams professional....Gretna and FC Andorra
    Now they both have an unusual quirk ie that they play in a 'foreign' league ie Gretna are based in Carlisle, England (per the cm 01/02 game), but play in Scotland , and FC Andorra are based in Andorra, but play in Spain.
    I cant seem to turn them professional...in both instances they do not have a stadium listed in cm explorer (presumably because of their location quirk), and the save file gets corrupted.

    Is there a way around this ?
    Last edited by Danceswithhorses; 01-05-20 at 11:41 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Location
    Ribble Valley
    Posts
    5,585
    vCash
    20400
    I can't think why the location would be important. The usual cause is that someone does not have a full time contract, usually yourself, which I don't think you can fix by editor. If you have checked that every player and member of staff is full time, then the only solution I know is to resign and reapply for your old job (or retire and add manager to take back your old job)

    If you have used an editor and screwed up the stadium and amenities, I hope you have a back up.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

  3. #3

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I can't think why the location would be important. The usual cause is that someone does not have a full time contract, usually yourself, which I don't think you can fix by editor. If you have checked that every player and member of staff is full time, then the only solution I know is to resign and reapply for your old job (or retire and add manager to take back your old job)

    If you have used an editor and screwed up the stadium and amenities, I hope you have a back up.
    I always use a back up save when 'editing'...old hard lesson learned-lost my mighty Europe conquering Stranraer team
    The problem when i load both teams into the editor (cm explorer), is that it shows no stadium listed for either club.
    I can go through a drop down list, but the editor is pulling up all the stadiums in the country in which they play ie Spain and Scotland (for FC Andorra and Gretna), but the problem is that the stadiums are in Andorra and England respectively
    As these are the only 2 teams i've ever had problems upgrading to professional, i just looked for a link common to both.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    07-09-15
    Posts
    224
    vCash
    500
    If it works for Berwick Rangers it should work for Gretna, it's exactly the same situation? Also FC Vadusz are Lichtenstein's only football club but they play in the Swiss lower leagues and that seems to be fine in the game. Unless thoise teams are already classed as 'professional', I am not sure...
    Last edited by SteveV; 14-10-19 at 08:51 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    1,240
    vCash
    7700
    Quote Originally Posted by Danceswithhorses View Post
    I'm a LLM (lower league manager), as i love to take a tiny, semi-pro, unpopular team all the way to winning the top division and into europe.
    I have to manually edit the semi-pro team with 'cm explorer' to turn them professional (when they win their first promotion), as the game has no process for this.
    Recently though i have had problems with turning 2 teams professional....Gretna and FC Andorra
    Now they both have an unusual quirk ie that they play in a 'foreign' league ie Gretna are based in England, but play in Scotland, and FC Andorra are based in Andorra, but play in Spain.
    I cant seem to turn them professional...in both instances they do not have a stadium listed in cm explorer (presumably because of their location quirk), and the save file gets corrupted.

    Is there a way around this ?

    edit have just managed to turn FC Andorra professional (file save took ages in cm explorer), but they lost their stadium and amenities.

    Can anyone help ?
    Perhaps try Grame Kelly's save game editor. If neither work you could maybe edit the save file directly with a Hex editor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    The usual cause is that someone does not have a full time contract, usually yourself, which I don't think you can fix by editor. If you have checked that every player and member of staff is full time, then the only solution I know is to resign and reapply for your old job (or retire and add manager to take back your old job).
    I think that this is a bit of a myth. There's a function in the game's code @ 0068A980 which is called by a few leagues, which I think determines whether a club will have their professional status changed. The leagues that call it are:
    Spoiler!
    I think most of the above will result in clubs turning from semi-pro to pro, but Scotland actually downgrades teams from pro to semi-pro if they're in the Third Division.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Appreciate your thoughts and advice Saturn.
    Pretty sure i did try 'GK editor' on Gretna, but that didn't work if i remember correctly, so i just moved to another LL club without any 'location issues'
    I have no idea what a hex editor is or how to use it lol

  7. #7

    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    1,240
    vCash
    7700
    A hex editor is just a program that allows you to directly edit a file, eg a CM0102 save file. XVI32 is what I use.

    To edit a team's professional status, open XVI32. Press CTRL+O and navigate to your save file (the save should not be compressed) and open it. Once it loads, press CTRL+F and search for the team's name. You should see the team's long name followed by its short name, with the first letter of the long name currently being selected (a blue square on it in the right hand side panel).

    Next press CTRL+G. In the 'Go to' panel, select 'hexadecimal' and enter '$60'. In the 'Go mode' panel, select 'relative down'. You should now land on a square that has a value of 01, 02 or 03 in the left panel. 01 is Professional, 02 is Semi-pro and 03 is Amateur. Change the value in the left panel to whatever you want, eg to change a team from Semi-pro to Pro, change 02 to 01. Ctrl+S to save your changes.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:


  9. #8

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    A hex editor is just a program that allows you to directly edit a file, eg a CM0102 save file. XVI32 is what I use.

    To edit a team's professional status, open XVI32. Press CTRL+O and navigate to your save file (the save should not be compressed) and open it. Once it loads, press CTRL+F and search for the team's name. You should see the team's long name followed by its short name, with the first letter of the long name currently being selected (a blue square on it in the right hand side panel).

    Next press CTRL+G. In the 'Go to' panel, select 'hexadecimal' and enter '$60'. In the 'Go mode' panel, select 'relative down'. You should now land on a square that has a value of 01, 02 or 03 in the left panel. 01 is Professional, 02 is Semi-pro and 03 is Amateur. Change the value in the left panel to whatever you want, eg to change a team from Semi-pro to Pro, change 02 to 01. Ctrl+S to save your changes.
    Thanks Saturn...your help is very much appreciated
    I will try this out

  10. #9

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Hi Saturn,
    I eventually got round to trying your tip for turning a team pro, but i ran into a problem.
    Everything runs fine until i follow the 2nd paragraph.
    I ctrl+g, select hexadecimal, and enter $60.
    In the goto panel, having selected 'relative down', the square it lands on is 00.
    Isn't it supposed to be 02, as FC Andorra are semi-pro ?
    so....i'm a bit stuck.
    Can you help me out with any advice my friend ?
    Last edited by Danceswithhorses; 30-04-20 at 10:51 AM.

  11. #10

    Join Date
    25-04-20
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    500
    Hei,

    Kingsley advised me to read this thread, i have approximatively the same problem as Danceswithhorses.
    I'm the Derry City's manager, in Ireland.
    Then i installed XVI32, but when i select "relative down" nothing changes on the left panel. It stay to "$60".

    Thanks for reading me

  12. #11

    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Location
    Ribble Valley
    Posts
    5,585
    vCash
    20400
    Quote Originally Posted by Danceswithhorses View Post
    Hi Saturn,
    I eventually got round to trying your tip for turning a team pro, but i ran into a problem.
    Everything runs fine until i follow the 2nd paragraph.
    I ctrl+g, select hexadecimal, and enter $60.
    In the goto panel, having selected 'relative down', the square it lands on is 00.
    Isn't it supposed to be 02, as FC Andorra are semi-pro ?
    so....i'm a bit stuck.
    Can you help me out with any advice my friend ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhala View Post
    Hei,

    Kingsley advised me to read this thread, i have approximatively the same problem as Danceswithhorses.
    I'm the Derry City's manager, in Ireland.
    Then i installed XVI32, but when i select "relative down" nothing changes on the left panel. It stay to "$60".

    Thanks for reading me
    Saturn's instructions worked fine for me on ten teams that I tested.

    3 points to note

    - Make sure that you run XVI32 as administrator, otherwise when you save it won't be where you expect it
    - Make sure that when you do the find (Ctrl+F) that you use the club long name
    - Make sure that when you do the Goto (Ctrl+G) that you have clicked on hexadecimal (not decimal)
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

  13. #12

    Join Date
    25-04-20
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    - Make sure that you run XVI32 as administrator, otherwise when you save it won't be where you expect it
    I can't run it as administrator, otherwise it can't find my game saves...

  14. #13

    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Location
    Ribble Valley
    Posts
    5,585
    vCash
    20400
    Have you got an old version of windows ? It is usually the other way round !
    Anyway. The editing will work even if you don't run as admin. It is just that you might not find the saved file. If that is a problem, look in something like

    Users/User/ AppData/Local/VirtualStore

    and then move it to your Championship Manager 01-02 folder
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

  15. #14

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    I ran as administrator, but exactly the same result...ie i end up on a 00, when FC Andorra should be a 02, which i want to change to a 01

  16. #15

    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Location
    Ribble Valley
    Posts
    5,585
    vCash
    20400
    Can you upload your savegame so that I can download and have a look please.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

  17. #16

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Can you upload your savegame so that I can download and have a look please.
    Sorry to be such a thicko, but how do you do that...there doesn't appear to be an 'add attachment' button ?

  18. #17

    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Location
    Ribble Valley
    Posts
    5,585
    vCash
    20400
    You need to use a file share site. Mediafire is free and safe.

    However I think I see the problem. Is it FC Andorra that is the club you are wanting to change ?

  19. #18

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    You need to use a file share site. Mediafire is free and safe.

    However I think I see the problem. Is it FC Andorra that is the club you are wanting to change ?
    yes, thats right...FC Andorra

  20. #19

    Join Date
    25-04-20
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Have you got an old version of windows ? It is usually the other way round !
    Anyway. The editing will work even if you don't run as admin. It is just that you might not find the saved file. If that is a problem, look in something like

    Users/User/ AppData/Local/VirtualStore

    and then move it to your Championship Manager 01-02 folder
    Thanks, i can now load my saves with XVI32 as administrator. But the problem is still here.
    For info i'm on windows 10.
    I will upload my savegame too, if you can look at it...

    Anyway, thanks for big help !

  21. #20

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    You need to use a file share site. Mediafire is free and safe.

    However I think I see the problem. Is it FC Andorra that is the club you are wanting to change ?
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/p8vki...a%231.sav/file

  22. #21

    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Location
    Ribble Valley
    Posts
    5,585
    vCash
    20400
    The name Andorra appears at several places in the save. You need to repeat the find Search - Find again down or F3 might work until you find the right place. This will have the long name (in my save F.C. Andorra) and a little latter the short name FC Andorra. There will then be similar blocks with other club long and short names. I have under lined the 03 that you need to change (which is at offset hex 60 from the start of the long name).



    If you don't see a block like this then you are at the wrong place and if you can't find one, please show us what you can see.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:


  24. #22

    Join Date
    25-04-20
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    500
    I've just check in CM editor what's the long name of Derry City. It's... Derry City.
    Well, there is my save, if anyone wants to verify !

    https://www.mediafire.com/file/zfut9..._City.sav/file

    Thanks

  25. #23

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    8,259
    vCash
    148000
    FYI Gretna is in Scotland, itís Berwick which is in England but play in Scotland.

  26. #24

    Join Date
    01-11-12
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    96
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Danceswithhorses View Post
    I'm a LLM (lower league manager), as i love to take a tiny, semi-pro, unpopular team all the way to winning the top division and into europe.
    I have to manually edit the semi-pro team with 'cm explorer' to turn them professional (when they win their first promotion), as the game has no process for this.
    Recently though i have had problems with turning 2 teams professional....Gretna and FC Andorra
    Now they both have an unusual quirk ie that they play in a 'foreign' league ie Gretna are based in England, but play in Scotland, and FC Andorra are based in Andorra, but play in Spain.
    I cant seem to turn them professional...in both instances they do not have a stadium listed in cm explorer (presumably because of their location quirk), and the save file gets corrupted.

    Is there a way around this ?

    edit have just managed to turn FC Andorra professional (file save took ages in cm explorer), but they lost their stadium and amenities.

    Can anyone help ?
    tried something chech it if works

    http://www.mediafire.com/file/fl0bse...25231.sav/file

  27. #25

    Join Date
    02-07-14
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    The name Andorra appears at several places in the save. You need to repeat the find Search - Find again down or F3 might work until you find the right place. This will have the long name (in my save F.C. Andorra) and a little latter the short name FC Andorra. There will then be similar blocks with other club long and short names. I have under lined the 03 that you need to change (which is at offset hex 60 from the start of the long name).

    If you don't see a block like this then you are at the wrong place and if you can't find one, please show us what you can see.
    Gradually getting the hang of this new, weird program
    F.C. Andorra (the long name) appears 3 times
    On the 1st and 3rd entries, the value is 00
    On the 2nd entry, the value is 02, which according to Saturn, is semi-pro.
    Having altered this to 01, saved, and reloaded the new savegame, my team is now Pro

    Thanks for all your help guys
    Last edited by Danceswithhorses; 01-05-20 at 09:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •