Thread: turning a team professional problem

vCash

going professional problem

I'm a LLM (lower league manager), as i love to take a tiny, semi-pro, unpopular team all the way to winning the top division and into europe.
    I have to manually edit the semi-pro team with 'cm explorer' to turn them professional (when they win their first promotion), as the game has no process for this.
    Recently though i have had problems with turning 2 teams professional....Gretna and FC Andorra
    Now they both have an unusual quirk ie that they play in a 'foreign' league ie Gretna are based in England, but play in Scotland, and FC Andorra are based in Andorra, but play in Spain.
    I cant seem to turn them professional...in both instances they do not have a stadium listed in cm explorer (presumably because of their location quirk), and the save file gets corrupted.

Is there a way around this ?

edit have just managed to turn FC Andorra professional (file save took ages in cm explorer), but they lost their stadium and amenities.

Can anyone help ?
    Last edited by Danceswithhorses; 14-10-19 at 08:36 AM.

vCash
    I can't think why the location would be important. The usual cause is that someone does not have a full time contract, usually yourself, which I don't think you can fix by editor. If you have checked that every player and member of staff is full time, then the only solution I know is to resign and reapply for your old job (or retire and add manager to take back your old job)

If you have used an editor and screwed up the stadium and amenities, I hope you have a back up.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I can't think why the location would be important. The usual cause is that someone does not have a full time contract, usually yourself, which I don't think you can fix by editor. If you have checked that every player and member of staff is full time, then the only solution I know is to resign and reapply for your old job (or retire and add manager to take back your old job)

If you have used an editor and screwed up the stadium and amenities, I hope you have a back up.
    I always use a back up save when 'editing'...old hard lesson learned-lost my mighty Europe conquering Stranraer team
    The problem when i load both teams into the editor (cm explorer), is that it shows no stadium listed for either club.
    I can go through a drop down list, but the editor is pulling up all the stadiums in the country in which they play ie Spain and Scotland (for FC Andorra and Gretna), but the problem is that the stadiums are in Andorra and England respectively
    As these are the only 2 teams i've ever had problems upgrading to professional, i just looked for a link common to both.

vCash
    If it works for Berwick Rangers it should work for Gretna, it's exactly the same situation? Also FC Vadusz are Lichtenstein's only football club but they play in the Swiss lower leagues and that seems to be fine in the game. Unless thoise teams are already classed as 'professional', I am not sure...
    Last edited by SteveV; 14-10-19 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danceswithhorses View Post
    I'm a LLM (lower league manager), as i love to take a tiny, semi-pro, unpopular team all the way to winning the top division and into europe.
    I have to manually edit the semi-pro team with 'cm explorer' to turn them professional (when they win their first promotion), as the game has no process for this.
    Recently though i have had problems with turning 2 teams professional....Gretna and FC Andorra
    Now they both have an unusual quirk ie that they play in a 'foreign' league ie Gretna are based in England, but play in Scotland, and FC Andorra are based in Andorra, but play in Spain.
    I cant seem to turn them professional...in both instances they do not have a stadium listed in cm explorer (presumably because of their location quirk), and the save file gets corrupted.

Is there a way around this ?

edit have just managed to turn FC Andorra professional (file save took ages in cm explorer), but they lost their stadium and amenities.

Can anyone help ?
    Perhaps try Grame Kelly's save game editor. If neither work you could maybe edit the save file directly with a Hex editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    The usual cause is that someone does not have a full time contract, usually yourself, which I don't think you can fix by editor. If you have checked that every player and member of staff is full time, then the only solution I know is to resign and reapply for your old job (or retire and add manager to take back your old job).
    I think that this is a bit of a myth. There's a function in the game's code @ 0068A980 which is called by a few leagues, which I think determines whether a club will have their professional status changed. The leagues that call it are:
    Spoiler!
    I think most of the above will result in clubs turning from semi-pro to pro, but Scotland actually downgrades teams from pro to semi-pro if they're in the Third Division.

vCash
    Appreciate your thoughts and advice Saturn.
    Pretty sure i did try 'GK editor' on Gretna, but that didn't work if i remember correctly, so i just moved to another LL club without any 'location issues'
    I have no idea what a hex editor is or how to use it lol

vCash
    A hex editor is just a program that allows you to directly edit a file, eg a CM0102 save file. XVI32 is what I use.

To edit a team's professional status, open XVI32. Press CTRL+O and navigate to your save file (the save should not be compressed) and open it. Once it loads, press CTRL+F and search for the team's name. You should see the team's long name followed by its short name, with the first letter of the long name currently being selected (a blue square on it in the right hand side panel).

Next press CTRL+G. In the 'Go to' panel, select 'hexadecimal' and enter '$60'. In the 'Go mode' panel, select 'relative down'. You should now land on a square that has a value of 01, 02 or 03 in the left panel. 01 is Professional, 02 is Semi-pro and 03 is Amateur. Change the value in the left panel to whatever you want, eg to change a team from Semi-pro to Pro, change 02 to 01. Ctrl+S to save your changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    A hex editor is just a program that allows you to directly edit a file, eg a CM0102 save file. XVI32 is what I use.

To edit a team's professional status, open XVI32. Press CTRL+O and navigate to your save file (the save should not be compressed) and open it. Once it loads, press CTRL+F and search for the team's name. You should see the team's long name followed by its short name, with the first letter of the long name currently being selected (a blue square on it in the right hand side panel).

Next press CTRL+G. In the 'Go to' panel, select 'hexadecimal' and enter '$60'. In the 'Go mode' panel, select 'relative down'. You should now land on a square that has a value of 01, 02 or 03 in the left panel. 01 is Professional, 02 is Semi-pro and 03 is Amateur. Change the value in the left panel to whatever you want, eg to change a team from Semi-pro to Pro, change 02 to 01. Ctrl+S to save your changes.
    Thanks Saturn...your help is very much appreciated
    I will try this out