Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 126

Thread: October 2019 Data Update Feedback

  1. #101

    Join Date
    26-09-18
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    735
    vCash
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroG View Post
    I know, let's say it's for research reasons & curiosity, can you help me out?
    Actually, depending on what you want to research, it can work out of the box: Simply use a v7 .exe with the oct2019 data folder which saturn provided in the v8 thread, and I think some leagues should load out of the box. You may see some error popups or it may crash sooner or later though, but depending on what you want to do that wont be a problem.

  2. #102

    Join Date
    03-09-12
    Posts
    109
    vCash
    500
    Sorry if this has been mentioned.

    When starting in Ireland, half your club players contracts end in December.

  3. #103

    Join Date
    04-11-15
    Posts
    107
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Actually, depending on what you want to research, it can work out of the box: Simply use a v7 .exe with the oct2019 data folder which saturn provided in the v8 thread, and I think some leagues should load out of the box. You may see some error popups or it may crash sooner or later though, but depending on what you want to do that wont be a problem.
    Well i would need a stable version of it , for like 10+ seasons

  4. #104

    Join Date
    26-09-18
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    735
    vCash
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroG View Post
    Well i would need a stable version of it , for like 10+ seasons
    Worth trying what I suggested anyway, I think there is a chance it will be stable for 10+ seasons if you load only some specific leagues.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:


  6. #105
    Tournaments Won: 11

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    32,675
    vCash
    480000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned.

    When starting in Ireland, half your club players contracts end in December.
    This is true as the league runs Aug-May in game but Feb-Oct in real life now. (opposite for Russia). saturn patches flip the schedules around.

  7. #106

    Join Date
    03-09-12
    Posts
    109
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    This is true as the league runs Aug-May in game but Feb-Oct in real life now. (opposite for Russia). saturn patches flip the schedules around.
    Kind of sucks if you want to start a game in that league though.

  8. #107
    Tournaments Won: 11

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    32,675
    vCash
    480000
    It does. Even if you start with saturn patch the contracts are all up after a year. Side affect of a part-time league

  9. #108

    Join Date
    28-09-17
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Posts
    100
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by barfly14 View Post
    "- only players at (R) / Reserves with negative or high PA are set to be promoted as future transfers"

    Does this include random regen youngsters who get promoted to your reserve team?

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Anyone know the answer to this?

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  10. #109
    Tournaments Won: 11

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    32,675
    vCash
    480000
    No, there is no way to control this as they aren't linked. They are just in a league called Reserve that's got no real use within the DB or game

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:


  12. #110

    Join Date
    02-11-19
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    500
    Hi,

    Amazing work but...

    Does anyone know how to stop Lo Celso going to Betis on a free after 1 season at Tottenham?

    When it happened most of my players became unhappy that he'd been sold.

    I attempted to fix the situation by making his contract at Betis end on GK editor, but that just led to the game crashing on the date I set his contract to end.

    As I can't now load that game without it crashing, I think I need to start again.

    But don't want to lose Lo Celso on a free again.

    Any solutions?

    Thanks

  13. #111

    Join Date
    04-03-12
    Posts
    1,839
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofthemack View Post
    Hi,

    Amazing work but...

    Does anyone know how to stop Lo Celso going to Betis on a free after 1 season at Tottenham?

    When it happened most of my players became unhappy that he'd been sold.

    I attempted to fix the situation by making his contract at Betis end on GK editor, but that just led to the game crashing on the date I set his contract to end.

    As I can't now load that game without it crashing, I think I need to start again.

    But don't want to lose Lo Celso on a free again.

    Any solutions?

    Thanks
    In reality he is on a loan at spurs with only an option to purchase him at end of this season. So the update has him permanently at spurs with a transfer back to Betis at seasons end. This solves the issue where said player is on loan at spurs from Betis and other clubs can bid for player. Only way to keep him would be using the editor pregame and removing his transfer to Betis.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Topofthekop For This Useful Post:


  15. #112

    Join Date
    20-09-12
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    500
    It also introduces the problem that you wouldn't be able to buy the player for two years, as the club he returns to are unlikely to sell due to the game thinking he has only just been purchased.

    It's a bit "damned if you do, damned if you don't" as far as the updating is concerned. My preference is to have the players on loan, and then apply the Loan Player Purchase Protection patch which was introduced in (I thnk) Saturn v5.

  16. #113

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    139
    vCash
    500
    Does anyone else notice average players getting absurdly goog after 1 or 2 seasons? I'm currently managing Cagliari, and all around the league there are absolutely tremendous players on small teams, that are being signed for top teams. For example, i got Pinamonti for cheap because Inter signed La Gumina from Empoli - a player who can't be a main player in Empoli, is a top striker on Inter and Italy in the game. I know that i followed the opinions that where given to you by comunity menbers, but we need to sort opinions from fans from the reality of the leagues. An example: For me Florentino Luνs (Benfica) deserves a 17 for tackling, because he is the top DM in the portguese league, but for the reality of the game he deserves 13/14 tops. Why, because he plays in Portugal, he needs to show in top leagues, or against the best players, that he is that good.

    I really apreciate the work you all have been doing here, and don't consider this as a bad crictic, still love the game and the work you guys do here, is just my opinion about the CA and PA that you guys do here, trying to help keep this game as real as it possible can be.

  17. #114

    Join Date
    07-02-19
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    500
    What great work guys!

    One question to all of you who have played this latest update, who are the new Tsigalko's, Aghahowa's, Taribo Wests etc, the legendary players, if there are any?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallo86 For This Useful Post:


  19. #115
    Tournaments Won: 11

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    32,675
    vCash
    480000

  20. #116
    Tournaments Won: 11

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    32,675
    vCash
    480000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It also introduces the problem that you wouldn't be able to buy the player for two years, as the club he returns to are unlikely to sell due to the game thinking he has only just been purchased.

    It's a bit "damned if you do, damned if you don't" as far as the updating is concerned. My preference is to have the players on loan, and then apply the Loan Player Purchase Protection patch which was introduced in (I thnk) Saturn v5.
    We have plans to have a sort of testing exe for the next DB. Basically an exe that is safe to have in an Updaters CM folder that has as many of the changes saturn/tapani/nick+co/offsets can offer but has no impact on the data e.g. foreign player restrictions, subs, loans but not comp renames, regen changes, slower development etc. It might rule out the need to do make paid loans future transfers. It will give us more realistic test results with more of the modern changes in there too. For instance testing Turkey without any exe changes is a waste of time, the game rule is 6 in squad and 6 in match day squad. Loads of players can't or won't start so the test results for the Turkish Premier League is bogus.

    That being said, the main reasoning is loans with a fee are basically clubs with paying for a players registration for a season with the proviso that the parent club don't sell him to another club during that period. The future transfer back to the parent club is a guarantee that it doesn't happen. An additional loan type would be a great feature. Another thing I'd imagine could only be achieved with the source code.

  21. #117

    Join Date
    02-11-19
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Topofthekop View Post
    In reality he is on a loan at spurs with only an option to purchase him at end of this season. So the update has him permanently at spurs with a transfer back to Betis at seasons end. This solves the issue where said player is on loan at spurs from Betis and other clubs can bid for player. Only way to keep him would be using the editor pregame and removing his transfer to Betis.
    Thank you.

    I get why it was done - just frustrating when the fans and players got upset at me selling our player of the year when I had no option and Betis refused to sell as they'd only just bought him!
    And I guess within the game there is no ability to loan with an option to buy.

    Given the old game crashed anyway when I tried to use GK editor, I edited the transfer as you suggested and will see how that goes.

    Although it has made him 'unsettled' from the start of the season and 'considering a contract offer from Tottenham'.

    Thanks.

  22. #118

    Join Date
    07-07-12
    Posts
    6,187
    vCash
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofthemack View Post
    Thank you.

    I get why it was done - just frustrating when the fans and players got upset at me selling our player of the year when I had no option and Betis refused to sell as they'd only just bought him!
    And I guess within the game there is no ability to loan with an option to buy.

    Given the old game crashed anyway when I tried to use GK editor, I edited the transfer as you suggested and will see how that goes.

    Although it has made him 'unsettled' from the start of the season and 'considering a contract offer from Tottenham'.

    Thanks.
    You can also go to the editor before starting the game and undo the loan yourself, before starting a new game.

  23. #119

    Join Date
    12-05-12
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    500
    a great update

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.felix For This Useful Post:


  25. #120
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    24,697
    vCash
    6581
    Few bits I've noticed.......

    Liverpool
    Taiwo Awoniyi - Nowhere near 1st team squad


    Swansea
    Ailsa Jones (Swans Physio) is 36 – not 77
    Lee Watkins (Swans Physio) is about 37 – not 72
    Ritson Lloyd (Swans Physio) is 38 – not 60


    Peter Beardsley was banned for 32 weeks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49760230 (unsure if you can “ban” non players though)

    Wayne Rooney moves to Derby but just as a player and player coach – guess it may not have been possible to move him in player/coach capacity?

    Interestingly, Bury just tried to loan a load of my Swansea players - I let them join (if the players wanted to) and didn't charge Bury any of the player wages


    Am using Satun V8 so unsure f any of the above is affected because of that
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 13-11-19 at 02:09 AM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:


  27. #121
    Tournaments Won: 11

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    32,675
    vCash
    480000
    On the ages, there's a minimum age for staff otherwise they just appear random e.g. Julian Nagelsmann

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:


  29. #122

    Join Date
    07-11-19
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    500
    Any help with tactics? Presuming 4132 with FB's providing the width is not as useful now?

  30. #123
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    24,697
    vCash
    6581
    Quote Originally Posted by martyefc View Post
    Any help with tactics? Presuming 4132 with FB's providing the width is not as useful now?
    Have a nose in tactis area mate - loads of coll stuff there

  31. #124

    Join Date
    19-10-18
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    1,837
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Few bits I've noticed.......

    Liverpool
    Taiwo Awoniyi - Nowhere near 1st team squad


    Swansea
    Ailsa Jones (Swans Physio) is 36 – not 77
    Lee Watkins (Swans Physio) is about 37 – not 72
    Ritson Lloyd (Swans Physio) is 38 – not 60


    Peter Beardsley was banned for 32 weeks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49760230 (unsure if you can “ban” non players though)

    Wayne Rooney moves to Derby but just as a player and player coach – guess it may not have been possible to move him in player/coach capacity?

    Interestingly, Bury just tried to loan a load of my Swansea players - I let them join (if the players wanted to) and didn't charge Bury any of the player wages


    Am using Satun V8 so unsure f any of the above is affected because of that

    Awoniyi is on loan in Germany and his rep isn't out of the ordinary - he's in the senior squad because he's on a pro contract, is he getting loads of game time in your game? He should be a sub at his loan club.

    Swansea staff - none of them had DOB's in the editor, i've updated

    Beardsley isn't getting work in football again after what he did.... i've deleted him from the DB

    Rooney - I tried setting him as a player/coach with a future transfer and when he moved he went back to being a player. he has non-player stats so will head that way and to be fair..... come the next update he will be in the Derby squad so problem solved

    Bury - brought a tear to my eye mate, what a gent you are! ha ha

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:


  33. #125

    Join Date
    15-11-19
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    500
    I am unable to download anything from the links provided.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •