Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch +v8

vCash

Patch +v8

New update, new patch.

What is this?
    This is a patch which combines the most recent release from the Update team with the latest discoveries from the Patches forum. It incorporates the October 2019 update, Tapani's 2.22 patch, the latest renaming patch, and other smaller things from the Patches forum like the restructuring of certain leagues.

In short, it's a patch that is designed to make the game as realistic as possible for 2019/20.

Here are the changes from v8.00 to v8.01: (Note that v8.00 save games will not be compatible with v8.01, so only upgrade if you're ready to start a new save game.)
    Spoiler!

Changes from v7 to v8.00:
    Spoiler!

A complete list of changes (v1-v8.01 inclusive) is at the end of this post.

What do I need to play?
    You will need a new Data folder and a new cm0102.exe file to play. Please read the rest of this post fully.

Data folder:
    The following Data folder must be used: +v8.01 Data. The data here is 99% based on the update team's October 2019 release, so full credit to them. In order for the data to be compatible with the new cm0102.exe, some alterations had to be made, which means that the above Data folder is essential. No other Data folder will be compatible with this patch, only the one linked above. Delete the Data folder in your Championship Manager folder and extract/unzip the new Data folder from +v8 Data.zip. Copy and paste that Data folder into your Championship Manager folder.

In addition to this, you will need the city.dat file from the October 2019 update. Download the October 2019 update from here and copy and paste the city.dat file from that into the Data folder in your Championship Manager folder. (The reason for this extra step is give the update team a better reflection of how many people use their work. Previously some people might've just waited for the +v8/7/6 patch to come out and not download their update at all. This way everyone downloads their release too, giving the update team a better idea of how many people appreciate their work.)

Now you just need a new cm0102.exe.

cm0102.exe: [NEW INSTRUCTIONS]
    Your game needs to have been updated to version 3.9.68. You can check what version you're currently using by starting a game and looking to the top left hand corner. If it doesn't say 3.9.68 (or 3.9.68T), you'll need to update your game. Download the official 3.9.68 patch from here and run it. The vast majority of updates and patches are built for 3.9.68 so updating to this version is essential.

Next, download this patched cm0102.exe. Copy and paste this file into your Championship Manager folder, replacing the exe already there. This exe has all the +v8 changes on it and in terms of Tapani options it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/mMdTUU3.png (if you don't know what these options mean, see the Patch History part of post #3).

People can then apply their preferred options by using Nick's patcher. Download the latest patcher, currently v1.22. Open it and select the options that you desire. You'll notice that some options have been disabled: they are either already in the v8 patch or are not compatible with the v8 patch. If you wish to play with new values (like this), set the Currency Inflation option to 2.00 (you'll have to change the currency to £x2/Eurox2 in the Game Settings too). Select the options you want and then press the Apply button.

Optional files:
    Here are the .patches used in making +v8: .patches collection. These are only here to satisfy other patchers' curiosity and for those that want to try applying them to different exes or databases. No need to download for the vast majority of users. In the Cumulative changes file I have added the version that each patch was first implemented, to make it easier to find things.

So, to summarise the instructions: [DIFFERENT FROM PREVIOUS RELEASES]
    1. Install the game and apply the official 3.9.68 patch.
    2. Download the new Data folder and extract it. Delete the Data folder currently in your Championship Manager folder and paste the new Data folder in there.
    3. Download the October 2019 update and extract the city.dat file only. Copy and paste it into your new Data folder.
    4. Download the patched cm0102.exe from here. Copy and paste it into your Championship Manager folder, overwriting the file already there.
    5. Download Nick's patcher, select the options you desire, and play.

It is advised that you run the cm0102.exe that you download in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3). To do this, right click on the cm0102.exe that you've downloaded and select Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Also make sure that you're running the game as an administrator. Your properties tab should look like this.

I've added a bug list/FAQs to post #2. If you have any issues with the patch, please read that post first as it is likely your issue will have already been addressed.

Here is the complete list of changes from Tapani 2.22 to +v8.01 (known issues included at the end):
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by saturn; 06-11-19 at 08:48 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Here is where all known bugs, errors and common FAQs are listed. If you are looking for the exes that are usually in post#2, go back and read post#1 fully.

Pre-game issues: Errors that prevent you from starting a new game.

• v3.9.68 index..cpp 5809 error(s): There is a mismatch between the Data folder and cm0102.exe used.
      Solution: Download the patched cm0102.exe from post#1 and move it into your Championship Manager folder, overwriting the file there.

• v3.9.68T Setup..cpp 1672 error: You are missing the city.dat file in your Data folder.
      Solution: Download the October 2019 update and copy and paste the city.dat file from there into your Data folder.

• Game freezes during 'Initialising game data': You have the wrong euro.cfg file in your Data folder.
      Solution: Delete the euro.cfg file that's currently in your Data folder, and copy and paste the euro.cfg file from the Data folder in post#1.

• Network games can not be created: For some unknown reason, Network games fail to be created.
      Solution: Try using this exe instead.

• Unable to find the GERMAN_FIRST_DIVISION index (and many other indexes): There is a mismatch between the Data folder and cm0102.exe used.
      Solution: Download the Data folder from post#1.

Hard crashes: These are bugs that will cause your game to crash, and upon reloading your game will crash again in the same manner (usually on the same date). These bugs are terminal to a save game, though modifications to your exe may still be able to save them.

• Argentine Primera B Nacional Average Points bug:
      A bug that has been present since 3.9.60, this is caused by the Average Points table in the Argentine Primera B Nacional being coded incorrectly. In fact, most of the Argentine Primera B is coded wrong, with teams from Group 1 much more likely to reach the playoffs at the end of the season. The crash will occur on August 1st as that is the date the game will try and reset the Argentine league tables for the new season. Not selecting the Argentine league will result in this bug not occurring. Save games may be salvageable by using a modified exe.

• English National League North. 78:
      Slightly different from the other bugs in this category in that it will only occur when creating a new game. This is caused by clicking the 'Select All' button in the 'Select League(s)' screen, and then deselecting England. This results in the game trying to load the English National League North without the English league itself being selected, hence the crash.

• Season update bug:
      The game will crash when the season updates in July, usually during the second of the two summer updates. The cause is unknown but the solution is to change the compatibility mode of the cm0102.exe (right click on the cm0102.exe file and click on the Compatibility tab and select one of the options). This seems to occur a lot for Windows 10 users: setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) seems to fix the issue, but different compatibility modes work for others.

• transfer_offer..cpp 153:
      Seems to be quite a rare crash, caused by something introduced in +v4. Given that it's to do with transfers, the bug can probably occur regardless of the league(s) selected. Save games may be salvageable by using a modified exe.

Soft crashes: These are bugs that will cause your game to crash, but upon reloading your game will continue past the date of the previous crash without issue. These bugs are not terminal to a save game, and the effect of them can be reduced by saving often.

• ruling_body bug:
      A crash that occurs without any error popping up. Quite rare, it is probably caused by the OFC Champions League and only seems to occur in January. It might also be connected to the discipline..cpp 1149 error below.

Errors: These are errors that pop up in your game that you can just click past without any crash occuring. There won't be any immediate negative effect on your save, but obviously it's preferable that they don't occur at all.

• contract_manager..cpp 5941:
      Unknown cause.

• cup..cpp 1450 / cup..cpp 4561:
      Unknown cause.

• discipline..cpp 1149:
      Unknown cause. Might be connected to the ruling_body soft crash above.

• match_eng error:
      Caused by an AI team not being able to name a full eleven players for a game (even including grey players). This usually only occurs in the first season, when teams have lots of players loaned out and then suffer several injuries to their remaining players. It can also occur if an international fixture clashes with a European continental competition fixture. This can potentially become a hard crash if an AI team (or a holidaying human team) can't name any players at all for a match. If an error occurs during your game, screenshot the message and post it in this thread.

FAQs/Other: Commonly asked questions and other minor issues.

• Editing the database further:
      I have ran into issues with the editor while making this patch whereby it will not load after changes have been made. After saving any changes you have made in the editor, I would suggest you immediately try and reopen the editor to make sure that no errors have occured. Any further editing of the database will be at your own risk really.

• No CD cracks:
      This patch has not been made with a No CD cracked exe (and due to the rules of the forum none will ever be created by me). That means you will have to either burn or mount an image of the cm0102.iso.

• Scottish Championship playoffs:
      These are not the same as the real life playoffs. Instead, this is the version of playoffs that were scheduled for the 1999/2000 season and which lay dormant in the exe. They were re-enabled, as having some version of the playoffs was more realistic than having no playoffs at all.

• Values too low - don't match the screenshots in post#1:
      Make sure you have changed the Currency Inflation to 2.00 in Nick's patcher and select the £x2 (or Eurox2) option from Game Settings --> Currency.
    Last edited by saturn; 06-11-19 at 06:43 AM.

vCash
    Patch history
    Spoiler!

Patch database files tutorial
    Spoiler!

Patch future
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by saturn; 04-01-20 at 07:54 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    thank you for this wonderful job, cant wait to play

vCash
    Outstanding work!

Did you manage to get the Bolton points deduction included?

vCash
    Many thanks for your hard work. Much appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djs_298 View Post
    Outstanding work!

Did you manage to get the Bolton points deduction included?
    Unfortunately not, but Nick is very close to cracking it. I felt that while it would be nice to have it in, it wasn't worth delaying the patch for potentially another day or two.

vCash
    Indeed, give me to the end of the weekend and I might have a patch you can apply over Saturn's exe that adds it - but I wouldn't hold your breathe if you want to get on and play, as it's a fiddly one!

vCash
    Any idea where i F* up?

- - - Updated - - -

..And thank you very much! for your hard work!

vCash
    What options did you select from Nick's patcher?

vCash

And also EEC patched the nations. file if it means anything.

vCash
    What is the correct euro.cfg? Because i try with the file in the data folder but doesn't work, can we have the link to download the correct file?
    Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroG View Post

And also EEC patched the nations. file if it means anything.
    Check the cm0102.exe instructions in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by dadaldo View Post
    What is the correct euro.cfg? Because i try with the file in the data folder but doesn't work, can we have the link to download the correct file?
    Thank you
    What do you mean by it doesn't work? The euro.cfg in the Data folder is the correct one, it's the exact same as the October 2019 one but Holland has been renamed to Netherlands.

vCash
    Just wondering if I could request a patched Exe.?
    Or am I at the wrong place.

Thank you guys for all the work!

vCash
    Fantastic work Saturn.Your time and hard work are really appreciated.also a mention to anyone else who was involved.thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballo View Post
    Just wondering if I could request a patched Exe.?
    Or am I at the wrong place.
    There is a patched exe in the OP. You can then apply other options to it with Nick's patcher. Read the cm0102.exe: [NEW INSTRUCTIONS] part of the OP for a full guide.

vCash
    People read the instructions very carefully don't be like me ! It works thank you!
    Last edited by MauroG; 26-10-19 at 01:00 PM.

vCash
    i tried to use nick patcher but don't work. i have a desktop 800x600. i tried to change but nick patcher block it when picture convert is on. can someone help me o add an exe? please.
    Last edited by domtos88; 26-10-19 at 02:39 PM.

vCash
    Upload image to this site and share the forum link https://postimages.org/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by domtos88 View Post
    i tried to use nick patcher but don't work. i have a desktop 800x600. i tried to change but nick patcher block it when picture convert is on. can someone help me o add an exe? please.
    Upload image to this site and share the forum link https://postimages.org/

vCash

vCash
    i see that in the game. why? mauroG are you italian? if yes, i'm italian too

vCash
    Great work Saturn, and also a big up to Nick&Co

I shall do some testing, ith regards Network gaming, and come back to you either way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    There is a patched exe in the OP. You can then apply other options to it with Nick's patcher. Read the cm0102.exe: [NEW INSTRUCTIONS] part of the OP for a full guide.
    Hi,
    I'm playing on Windows 2000 VM Guest. Nick's patcher doesn't work on 2000.
    How to patch the .exe on Windows 10 host machine?
    Copy downloaded cm0102.exe and all game + data folder on Win10, patch and then move back data folder and patched cm0102.exe to Win2000 guest?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by domtos88 View Post
    I see your screenshot but I'm still not exactly sure what it is you can't do. Are you trying to convert your pictures in the RGN Image Converter part of Nick's patcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Great work Saturn, and also a big up to Nick&Co

I shall do some testing, ith regards Network gaming, and come back to you either way
    The bad news is that I'm pretty sure that it won't work. The good news is that I think I know the culprit: the North American World Cup Qualifying fixture reschedule. Let me know how you get on and I should be able to sort something out if it's not working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KraaaS_ View Post
    Hi,
    I'm playing on Windows 2000 VM Guest. Nick's patcher doesn't work on 2000.
    How to patch the .exe on Windows 10 host machine?
    Copy downloaded cm0102.exe and all game + data folder on Win10, patch and then move back data folder and patched cm0102.exe to Win2000 guest?
    Yes, that last sentence sounds like it should work.

vCash
    Fantastic as always Saturn!

I know there is Nicks patcher for any alternative exe’s but unfortunately I play on Mac - using crossover. And whilst this works fine for everything else the one thing I can’t run through it is any patcher like that (tapani one included) so I’ve always had to beg borrow and steal the exe’s. Is there any chance either you or someone else in here would be good enough to provide me with the relevant exe (screen size etc) at some point.

Many thanks

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast