Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Patch +v8

vCash
    is this a patch for mac too? how can I install it? i installed the game via crossover. it's working on the normal 01/02 version. how do i update all that?

vCash
    I've made holiday mode tests with just English league & minimum database until it crashes. I've done it multiple times. More than 20 games. It's clear to see that current patch is the worst in terms of stability. For person like me who likes to play many seasons Saturn's patches are going in wrong direction. It's more like 3.xx tapani which faced the same problem. I don't know what's the reason. Many fixtures dates changes, league&cups structure changes, transfer market windows changes, player development changes or something different like database. Keeping the game as stable as possible and not introducing new bugs to the game should always be treated as most important.

vCash
    Not sure if this should go in here on in the Data Update thread.

Here are some of my observations of playing a save as Spurs for some 7 years (game time, not real life that would be crazy!):

The top team's in the Premier League, seem to favour signing players aged 29+. Now i am not sure why this is, as most if not all in real-life don't have this type of transfer policy. Now has this happened because of their respective managers shortlist preferences are skewed in some way, like favouring players who have x amount of international caps or is there a bug in the game in regards to this. When reviewing other top teams in Europe, it seemed this issue was also occurring there as well.

Again top teams in the Premier League seem to keep their top players well into the their mid thirties. Now this does happen in real-life i grant you, but the issue here is the AI manager is not replenishing the team with younger players, once the older players are let go, they are as mentioned above, replacing them with players of similar age. This issue ensures that those teams aren't as dominant long term as they should be and become less competitive as the game progresses. This is of course advantageous to me as the human manager, but it does take the enjoyment away slightly.

I also noted that in the lower leagues in England, there seemed to be a merry go round of managers. It a lot of cases this was the same group of managers club hopping. What was most strange about this was managers who were getting sacked in the Championship, then took up jobs either in League Two or lower. Again this could happen in real life, but unlikely.

On the subject of management, i noted that in the 7th season a lot of players aged 35+ were getting their first taste of management, either as a player-manager or a full-time manager. Now there is nothing wrong with this, but they seemed odd appointments, especially when you looked at their non-playing attributes. Their key non-playing attributes (see below) in particular were low, when stacked up against a more seasoned manager. I agree that everyone needs to start somewhere, but as this is a game, i would have thought the AI team would've favoured a manager who had stronger attributes.

Key Non-Playing Attributes

• Determination
    • JPA
    • JPP
    • LoD
    • MM
    • Motivating
    • TK

After a season or two i noted that the referee's in the Premier League when replaced are being done so, with guys who have an English sounding first name and very European sounding surnames. Again, all entirely possible in real life, but nevertheless i found it odd.

I noted that the yearly awards all seem to be skewed to the more recognised players within the game. Even if those players stats suggest they should be nowhere near the awards. This was a source of of annoyance for me, as my players had out performed most of the award winners in some years. This issue was not so much a problem for the monthly awards, as these seemed to be fairly awarded.

It would be good if these issues can somehow be addressed ahead of the next patch, as this would help with the overall game play. Anyway, if someone want's more info then i can share screen shots or upload my saved game for someone to review.
    Last edited by stuboy72; 06-03-20 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Saturn is it possible to play CM in the network ? in this v8 ? I tried the .exe you told for network games but is always unable to create game and if I change for win95 it crashes always on creating leagues. Thanks in advance and sorry for bothering you.

vCash
    UEFA Euro 2020 and Copa America 2020 postponed to 2021, perhaps to be considered for Patch +v9 ?

vCash
    Hi saturn, great work!

Would it be possible to update the danish league structures? I have got a lot of info/input but do not know how and where to change it?

All the best,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by awei View Post
    Hi saturn, great work!

Would it be possible to update the danish league structures? I have got a lot of info/input but do not know how and where to change it?

All the best,
    More feedback the better - maybe put it this thread if structural

Or data here - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...t=4093&page=15

vCash
    Sounds good,

I have some feedback on the danish league structure.

1. Competitions changes

1.1 Superliga = 3F Superliga

3F Superliga now has 14 teams build with a bit complex structure - a bit like the Belgian First Amateuer Division - however with 6 stages.

The teams are as follows:

FC Midtjylland
    F.C. København
    AGF
    Brøndby IF
    FC Nordsjælland
    AaB
    Randers FC
    Lyngby Boldklub
    OB
    AC Horsens
    SønderjyskE
    Hobro IK
    Esbjerg fB
    Silkeborg IF

1.1.1 LEAGUE STRUCTURE

THE GROUND PLAY (game 1-26)

There will be played a first period of 26 games - a ground play - including all teams ("Grundspil") home and away which afterwards divides the teams in two parts. A champions group play
    (table 1-6 "Mesterskabsspil") and a group play ( table 7-14 "Gruppespil") where points, goals stats etc. follows to the next stage.

(GROUP A) THE CHAMPIONS GROUP PLAY (game 27-36)

For the champions group play there will be played 10 rounds where the top 6 teams play each other home and away. The winner is the season champions.

1st - Gold medals - Danish Champions and enters the Champions League Qualifying phase directly
    2nd - Silver medals - enters the Europa League Qualifying phase directly
    3rd - Bronze medals - enters the Europa League Qualifying phase directly (depending on the cup-winner)

(GROUP B) THE GROUP PLAY (game 27-32)

For the group play there will be played 6 rounds where the bottom 8 teams play each other home and away.

Team nr. 11 + 14 are placed in one group A

Team nr. 12 + 13 are placed in one group B

After the 6 games the two last placed in group A nd B relegates directly to the lower NordicBet LIGA

THE RELEGATION PLAY-OFF (game 33-35)

Number 3 of group A og B meet home and away. The loser relegates to the lower NordicBet LIGA

THE EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFYING PLAY-OFF (game 33-34)

The four best teams of group A and B meet home and way - (first in group A meets second in group B and so forth..)

The two winners compete in a final game home and away. The winner meets team 3-4 (depending on the cup-winner) from the champions group play in game 37 - the last one.

THE EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL QUALIFYING GAME (game 37)

Team 3-4 (depending on the cup-winner) from the champions group play meet the winner of the THE EUROPA QUALIFYING PLAY-OFF.

1.2 1st Division = NordicBet LIGA

NordicBet LIGA now only has 12 teams build with a new structure as well which looks like the one in the 3F Superliga but more simple.

Two teams will promote and two will relegate. Round 1-22 is a ground play where all teams meet home and away.

1.2.1 LEAGUE STRUCTURE

THE PROMOTION GROUP PLAY (game 23-33)

Two teams promote

THE RELEGATION GROUP PLAY (game 23-33)

two teams relegate

The teams are as follows:

Vejle Boldklub
    Viborg FF
    Fredericia
    Kolding IF
    Vendsyssel FF
    Fremad Amager
    HB Køge
    Nykøbing FC
    Skive IK
    Hvidovre IF
    Næstved BK
    FC Roskilde

1.3 2nd Division = 2. Division

2. Divison needs changes as well with a new structure. It consists of 24 teams divided in two group stages.

1.3.1 LEAGUE STRUCTURE

THE GROUND PLAY (game 1-22)

There will be played a first period - a ground play for all ("Grundspil") home and away which afterwards divides the teams in two parts. The best 6 teams of each group will
    enter a promotion group stage and the others a relegation where points, goals stats etc. follows to the next stage.

This stage consist of game 23-33 divided into the two groups.

A promotion group stage (team 1-12)

A relegation group stage (team 13-24)

In this phase teams will meet each other once and randomly regarding home and away advantage.

In the end of season two teams will promote and four will relegate.

1.4 Denmark Series = Danmarksserien (would it be able to make this one playable?)

1.5 DBU pokalen = Sydbank Pokalen (winner enters the Europa League Qualifying phase directly)

1.6 Reserves team = U-19 Ligaen (Would it be possible to make a youth league instead of the "reserves" structure right now?)

The "U-19 ligaen" 2019/20" as for today

1 OB
    2 FC Nordsjælland
    3 Brøndby
    4 Vejle
    5 AGF
    6 FC Midtjylland
    7 FC København
    8 Lyngby
    9 Silkeborg
    10 AaB
    11 Esbjerg
    12 Randers Freja FC
    13 SønderjyskE

Hope this can be useful info in some way,

/awei

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    Anybody having an error with not enough players for a match?
    This should be a very rare error. The only times I see it is in the first season when a lot of loans are in the game, or when I buy too many non-EU players in a country like Spain and can't then field a full reserve team.

Quote Originally Posted by domtos88 View Post
    Sorry for my English. One question: why if i change player attribute with the editor for example handling 19 with a goalkeeper or 20 marking with a defender etc. When i start a new game that goalkeeper or that defender have not 19/20 but only 14/15 or max 16?
    I don't really edit players attributes, but I think that they depend on a player's current ability and how many other high value attributes they have. Having too low a current ability or too many high attributes will mean that some values from the editor will be lowered in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by srafaels View Post
    Hello, @saturn. Is it possible to change the Brazilian's first and second divisions structure? Nowadays the A and B divisions have only 20 teams, despite the original Brazilian's main league structure on your patch is keeped from the old times... Congratulations for your effort!
    Not easily no. The Brazilian schedule is quite packed already so adding a dozen more fixtures would be difficult to do (you'd have to rearrange the state leagues too).

Quote Originally Posted by swfc82 View Post
    Got everything working but the game crashes during the July update. Just freezes on me so I have to use task manager to close it down. All help appreciated guys. It’s in xp service pack 3 aswell.
    Can you upload the save?

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Question for you guys, is it possible to implement the 5 second countdown from a continue action?
    In a network game, when youve all pressed continue, it basically then counts down backwards from 5, and then at 0 it auto presses continue (unless something needs actioning like a Bid) so lets says, this is a great concept to hurry up pressing continue without actually pressing it. I'm wondering if this could be applied on a standard solo save
    It sounds interesting but I wouldn't know where to even look for something like this in the code.

Quote Originally Posted by luisfrjgua View Post
    Hello guys! Congratulations to this work! Good job!
    By the way, is it possible to increase the number of teams in Polish First Division (Ekstraklasa) from 16 to 18?
    How can I do this? I'd like to test something...
    I don't think this would be possible given the Ekstraklasa's group stages in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alondero View Post
    Hi,
    I notice that transfer windows have been reworked recently in these patches so the offsets in the offsets thread don't work. Anyone know what offset I would need to remove transfer windows altogether (or at least in England) with this patch?
    Possibly try changing the following two lines in Olly:
    00579C06 MOV DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+2],10601FF --> 601FF
    00579C1C MOV DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+0E],10001FF --> 1FF

Quote Originally Posted by NilsNerd View Post
    is this a patch for mac too? how can I install it? i installed the game via crossover. it's working on the normal 01/02 version. how do i update all that?
    I'm don't think this is compatible with crossover but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by eMeM View Post
    I've made holiday mode tests with just English league & minimum database until it crashes. I've done it multiple times. More than 20 games. It's clear to see that current patch is the worst in terms of stability. For person like me who likes to play many seasons Saturn's patches are going in wrong direction. It's more like 3.xx tapani which faced the same problem. I don't know what's the reason. Many fixtures dates changes, league&cups structure changes, transfer market windows changes, player development changes or something different like database. Keeping the game as stable as possible and not introducing new bugs to the game should always be treated as most important.
    I can only test the stability on my computer, and it's as stable as ever for me. Are there any issues on your side that could cause reliablity issues - new OS or new hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by stuboy72 View Post
    Here are some of my observations of playing a save as Spurs for some 7 years (game time, not real life that would be crazy!):
    *Top team's in the Premier League, seem to favour signing players aged 29+.
    *Merry go round of managers.
    *Players aged 35+ were getting their first taste of management, either as a player-manager or a full-time manager.
    *Referee's in the Premier League when replaced are being done so, with guys who have an English sounding first name and very European sounding surnames.
    *Yearly awards all seem to be skewed to the more recognised players within the game.
    Good feedback and I agree with you that changing the issues you mention would improve the game. Unfortunately they are all longstanding problems and probably won't be solved anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fabionlindeza View Post
    Saturn is it possible to play CM in the network ? in this v8 ? I tried the .exe you told for network games but is always unable to create game and if I change for win95 it crashes always on creating leagues. Thanks in advance and sorry for bothering you.
    If that exe doesn't work then no, it won't be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahan View Post
    UEFA Euro 2020 and Copa America 2020 postponed to 2021, perhaps to be considered for Patch +v9 ?
    Probably not. Starting them in 2021 wouldn't be difficult but moving them back to the 2024/2028 cycle would be (if they even do that IRL).

Quote Originally Posted by awei View Post
    Hi saturn, great work!

All the best,
    I probably won't have time to do any new league restructures for the new patch.
    Last edited by saturn; 20-03-20 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    Saturn do you have any idea when will you finish the new patch ? Sorry for bothering you. Thanks for everything.

vCash
    Hi guys just re joined after a few years out haven’t had time to play but with all that’s going on got a bit of spare time now. Nice to see still going strong great work. Just a quick question have installed all updates and patches and started a game and was working perfectly but since trying to re load it’s now asking me to insert disc everytime. I do have the disc but where my current pc is all in one haven’t got a disk drive and it was working without one at first. Any help much appreciated thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyw89 View Post
    Hi guys just re joined after a few years out haven’t had time to play but with all that’s going on got a bit of spare time now. Nice to see still going strong great work. Just a quick question have installed all updates and patches and started a game and was working perfectly but since trying to re load it’s now asking me to insert disc everytime. I do have the disc but where my current pc is all in one haven’t got a disk drive and it was working without one at first. Any help much appreciated thanks
    Just remount the .iso file with whatever virtual drive program you used to install the game.

-

The new patch usually gets finished within a week of the latest update being released. I'm not going to put an exact date on it but it won't be within the next 48 hours anyway.

vCash
    Thanks Saturn, think your update is amazing, cant wait to play it with the march update. Will certainly help with the self isolating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    I can only test the stability on my computer, and it's as stable as ever for me. Are there any issues on your side that could cause reliablity issues - new OS or new hardware?
    1. The test is really simple. New game with one league, one manager and leave him on holiday until game quits due to error & repeat it many times. I've tested v5 and v8 with exactly the same PC with exactly the same OS. Can't blame OS here.
    2. My own take is OS doesn't affect stability at all. It's a computer voodoo repeated on this forum. CM is OS agnostic. It runs on 2K as well as on XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or even in Wine/Linux. No difference between them.

vCash
    Excuse me, can I use the march 2020 data update with this way of installation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davakhrs View Post
    Excuse me, can I use the march 2020 data update with this way of installation?
    Why? There's a new patch out to go with the March 2020 update: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13793

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213