Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Patch +v8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Some of the regens definitely have a bit of a .68 Lambros Chonos feel to them. They can always be scaled back in future versions.
    I noticed that too. The mental atts are coming too high too, like influence, consistency, etc. Any idea if it is related to the physical atts patch or related to the regens patch?

vCash
    Apologies but I have downloaded this patch:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9dk9fm.../Data.zip/file

and thix exe
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/cwlvs1...m0102.exe/file

and I get the "German .. Index" issue:

You say this:

Unable to find the GERMAN_FIRST_DIVISION index (and many other indexes): There is a mismatch between the Data folder and cm0102.exe used.
    Solution: Download the Data folder from post#1.

but again I downloaded / uploaded exactly what you have linked. Am I missing something.

Regards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanelli View Post
    Hi Saturn, thanks a lot for the v8.01!

Just to be sure: if I take the new exe and apply the data changes you mentioned, I can just play with my edited +v8.00 data? So no need for download of the +v8.01 data (which would of course overwrite all my changes...)?

And probably noob question, but which editor is [XVI32]? And is the renaming of the awards just cosmetic or could it cause a crash if I don't edit them (names don't really bother me)?
    Yes, you can play with your own edited v8.00 data on the v8.01 exe. You don't have to do any of the data changes mentioned and it will still be compatible, as the awards are just cosmetic as you say, while the rest are all just minor things with no corresponding exe changes.

Quote Originally Posted by stuboy72 View Post
    I have run a test game in holiday mode, just the English Leagues (Prem to L2) running for a season, and can confirm that the following changes can been seen:

• Lo Celso's contract
    • Australia moved to Asia
    • Yugoslavia not searchable
    • Bolton & Bury points deduction
    • EL & CL Finals moved

However, in the Game Settings i can see it showing s8.01, but * is being shown, any reason to be concerned?
    Thanks for testing. The * is because I released a first version of 8.01 with a small error in there, but changed it a few hours later. I made that little change to the version name so people could double check they had the right version. So in short v8.01* is the correct version.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I noticed that too. The mental atts are coming too high too, like influence, consistency, etc. Any idea if it is related to the physical atts patch or related to the regens patch?
    It's the regens patch. It's only a two byte change and any further tuning will be easy to do, so keep the feedback coming. I know the Lambros Chonos-like 20s are a bit rubbish, but is it worth it for the overall improvement of regens? Or are the regens now too good even?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Too good is better than Positioning 20, Determination 1 for 90% of the better regens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for testing. The * is because I released a first version of 8.01 with a small error in there, but changed it a few hours later. I made that little change to the version name so people could double check they had the right version. So in short v8.01* is the correct version.
    Sorry i meant i am not seeing the * after the version number s8.01. I downloaded all the files from the opening post around 7:30am this morning, did you change it after that? If not any idea why it would be showing the wrong version number?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stuboy72 View Post
    Sorry i meant i am not seeing the * after the version number s8.01. I downloaded all the files from the opening post around 7:30am this morning, did you change it after that? If not any idea why it would be showing the wrong version number?
    Turns out I didn't even add the v8.01* name change to the exe I released. Okay, just ignore all that stuff about the *, I'll remove it from the OP. I don't think anyone even downloaded the first exe I released so it should all be good, you definitely have the right version if you downloaded it at 7am. For others, a final way to double check is to look at the Ocean World Cup qualifiers and check that the last fixture is on a Thursday. Both versions are fine to play anyway.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's the regens patch. It's only a two byte change and any further tuning will be easy to do, so keep the feedback coming. I know the Lambros Chonos-like 20s are a bit rubbish, but is it worth it for the overall improvement of regens? Or are the regens now too good even?
    It needs further tuning. I holidayed 10 seasons and the regens are simply too physically and mentally strong, like 20s in most physical and mental atts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Too good is better than Positioning 20, Determination 1 for 90% of the better regens
    Determination and positioning doesn't seem to have been affected by this patch. It seems to be affecting influence, strenght, stamina, teamwork, jumping, acc, pace, consistency, important matches, techinique, agility, natural fitness, pressure, maybe a few others atts, all those coming nearly maxed out.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 06-11-19 at 10:52 PM.

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Determination and positioning doesn't seem to have been affected by this patch. It seems to be affecting influence, strenght, stamina, teamwork, jumping, acc, pace, consistency, important matches, techinique, agility, natural fitness, pressure, maybe a few others atts, all those coming nearly maxed out.
    Nice

vCash

how to make nt mode .exe

hi is there any way to create a cm0102.exe which will run on compatability windows nt so i can continue to play it online any help would be appreciated

vCash
    With regard to the regen changes is it some Nick can incorporate into his patches? So we could apply it to older databases?

Hi saturn,So can i play my old save on the new data and exe in v8.01 replacing the v8 or am i missing something.Idont want to ruin my save as into 2nd season and can i use nicks patcher to inflate the wages and transfer values plus every other mod like var commentary?

vCash
    Hi chaps,

I've managed to get the game running smoothly - date updates, patches etc. - the only thing I've noticed is that Western United (A - League) are missing. Only ten teams appear in the A - League table at the start of the game...or have I made a mess of it somewhere along the line?

Thanks for any advice.

vCash
    Hello, I posted this in the tech support forum, but I will post here as well, I really hope it is ok:

I got a problem. I installed the game and followed the instructions. I have played for 6 seasons with no crashes
    and no error messages. On August 1, 2025 the game kicks me out to windows. No error messages, nothing.
    I tried going on holiday, but its not helping.

Version 3.9.68T Tapani v.2.22 +S8

I remember a similar crash on the original data base, also happening august one (after 1 year of playing).
    It was some issue with the Argentinian league that made the game crash.

I would appreciate some help, It would be sad not be able to continue after 6 seasons of CM.

vCash
    Saturn, on your latest exe, has the Europa League final, date, been moved, or is there plans to?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaata View Post
    Hello, I posted this in the tech support forum, but I will post here as well, I really hope it is ok:

I got a problem. I installed the game and followed the instructions. I have played for 6 seasons with no crashes
    and no error messages. On August 1, 2025 the game kicks me out to windows. No error messages, nothing.
    I tried going on holiday, but its not helping.

Version 3.9.68T Tapani v.2.22 +S8

I remember a similar crash on the original data base, also happening august one (after 1 year of playing).
    It was some issue with the Argentinian league that made the game crash.

I would appreciate some help, It would be sad not be able to continue after 6 seasons of CM.

This is happening to me as well, in the year 2025. Would love some info on this.

vCash
    if anyone could upload one of these 1st Aug (or similar) crashes savegames somewhere - we can take a look

vCash
    https://gofile.io/?c=SE4Zkh

here's the save. it crashes the day after or something like that.

vCash
    Thanks for uploading sigve - I can recreate the crash here - but really do not know why it's happening! Not looked too deeply, but nothing jumped out at me. So just worked around the crash to get you back up and running:
    Code:
    0092F1D2     /74 07         JZ SHORT 0092F1DB
    0092F1D4  |. |8BCE          MOV ECX,ESI
    0092F1D6     |E8 55000000   CALL 0092F230                                 <------ Crash was down this road - so changed the JZ to a JMP
    0092F1DB  |> \66:8B8E B6000 MOV CX,WORD PTR DS:[ESI+0B6]
    It would then lock up in the following loop:
    Code:
    CPU Disasm
    Address   Hex dump          Command                                  Comments
    0092EA55     /75 1C         JNE SHORT 0092EA73
    0092EA57  |> |6A 06         PUSH 6                                   ; Arg1 = 6
    0092EA59  |. |E8 62E5FDFF   CALL 0090CFC0
    0092EA5E  |. |83C0 02       ADD EAX,2
    0092EA61  |. |83C4 04       ADD ESP,4
    0092EA64  |. |0FBFC8        MOVSX ECX,AX
    0092EA67  |. |8D148F        LEA EDX,[ECX*4+EDI]
    0092EA6A  |. |389C11 F20000 CMP BYTE PTR DS:[EDX+ECX+0F2],BL
    0092EA71  |.^|74 E4         JE SHORT 0092EA57                                     <---- would just freeze and loop because of this. So changed the first line JNE above to a JMP to get past it.
    But then, in June, I got crashes in:
    Code:
    CPU Disasm
    Address   Hex dump          Command                                  Comments
    0092FA7E  |> \B1 19         MOV CL,19                                ; Case 4 of switch cm0102.92FA4D
    0092FA80      8858 74       MOV BYTE PTR DS:[EAX+74],BL
    0092FA83      8848 73       MOV BYTE PTR DS:[EAX+73],CL
    0092FA86  |.  8850 75       MOV BYTE PTR DS:[EAX+75],DL
    0092FA89  |.  5B            POP EBX
    0092FA8A      C2 1400       RETN 14
    ^ Is that regen code - not familar - either way, I put in checks for EAX == 0 as that was the cause of the crash in those little +74+73+75, etc parts of the code. That got me past June and hence this save:

https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/wolves2225.sav
    ^ So try that sigve - you'll have skipped 6 months, but I'm sure your mighty Wolves can survive
    (EDIT: Holiday'd this save till 2038 without it erroring - although you were sacked in 2037 from Wolves ;P )
    Last edited by Nick+Co; 09-11-19 at 11:11 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wow, thank you so much for this. So, so appreciated.

vCash
    Hi, anyone else having an issue with all the ages ? Did everyting in op, and Moise Keane is 1 for example lol!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twojastara View Post
    Apologies but I have downloaded this patch:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9dk9fm.../Data.zip/file

and thix exe
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/cwlvs1...m0102.exe/file

and I get the "German .. Index" issue:

You say this:

Unable to find the GERMAN_FIRST_DIVISION index (and many other indexes): There is a mismatch between the Data folder and cm0102.exe used.
    Solution: Download the Data folder from post#1.

but again I downloaded / uploaded exactly what you have linked. Am I missing something.

Regards
    I have the same issue - is there a mismatch with the files linked in post#1?

vCash
    Guys I applied the Saturn patch for the European qualifiers, and now I find myself the playoffs in the qualifiers of Africa!?! Can it be solved?

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Hi, anyone else having an issue with all the ages ? Did everyting in op, and Moise Keane is 1 for example lol!!!
    Sounds like you've applied patches more than once

Would suggest an uninstall and re-install from scratch again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Soul View Post
    I have the same issue - is there a mismatch with the files linked in post#1?

Sounds like you are trying to play lateest DB on an old Saturn patch

Do a fresh install of everything and follow Saturn inctsructions in post #1

vCash
    Is it possible for someone to post a patched .exe for me to run please? I am using Crossover to run CM on a mac but am unable to apply Nick's patcher with this softwear

vCash
    Could you kindly upload an .exe with these options applied please?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast