Thread: Fitness Worry

vCash

Fitness Worry

This is a new one to me, which I suppose is a good thing, getting on for almost 20 years playing the game and something new has happened!

So, I am sure we are all aware of the report - "Club" coach "Coach Name" has voiced concerns over 'Players Name" general fitness after his poor showing in training today. - I've usually just dismissed it in the past and omitted them from the next match so they can catch up on their condition...

I've this one player though who, on every single time the game comes back with news, is in the report for the same reason every single time.... He sits around 10-15% constantly now unable to get fit no matter what I do with him... I've tried putting him on a fitness based regime, nothing changes other than the messages stop, but his condition never improves. Tried asking the physios, nothing wrong with him... Also there are 10 other players on the same regime as him who have no issues...

At a bit of a loss here to be fair, anyone got any input?

vCash
    Have you tried to put him on "no training"? That should see fitness improve I reckon.

vCash
    There is a hidden attribute Natural Fitness. If that is low, they will never get fit.
    Also, if Professionalism is low, they will never train.

My advice is to sell the guy and get a reliable replacement.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    There is a hidden attribute Natural Fitness. If that is low, they will never get fit.
    Also, if Professionalism is low, they will never train.
    I agree. Natural Fitness is probably a fixed attribute (until higher age causes it to drop), which of course means that it cannot be improved through training. Low Professionalism should also mean that he's generally lacking in self-discipline, and more inclined to partying, staying up late, etc...

I recently ran into a similar problem with Denílson, whose fitness never exceeded 94-95 percent, event though he rarely was in the starting XI. While intense fitness-training might seem like the logical solution, the answer was in fact to give him a *lighter* training regime. After that he would at least be 100% fit in time for the next match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Edson View Post
    While intense fitness-training might seem like the logical solution, the answer was in fact to give him a *lighter* training regime. After that he would at least be 100% fit in time for the next match.
    That's my experience as well. I see the "fitness" % more as a "how well rested is the player + can give all = 100%". I think one can make the link to real life: if you're not fully rested you can give everything.

As for "fitness worry": I never had it not working i.e. fitness go back to 100% - if a player has low one, if putting him on no training/light training. Whether that is a good long-term strategy to keep a players stats overall up is an entirely different matter.

Take him off training and give him a fine for lack of professionalism, imo. If he apologises and promises to mend his ways, watch to see if his fitness levels recover. If they don't, or if he responds badly to the fine, try to sell him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Take him off training and give him a fine for lack of professionalism, imo. If he apologises and promises to mend his ways, watch to see if his fitness levels recover. If they don't, or if he responds badly to the fine, try to sell him.
    That's exactly my process.

vCash
    Could it be match-fitness?

Maybe stick him in your reserves for a bit, let your assistant/the game AI manage the problem and see if he gets games or recovers his fitness?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Edson View Post
    I agree. Natural Fitness is probably a fixed attribute (until higher age causes it to drop), which of course means that it cannot be improved through training. Low Professionalism should also mean that he's generally lacking in self-discipline, and more inclined to partying, staying up late, etc...

I recently ran into a similar problem with Denílson, whose fitness never exceeded 94-95 percent, event though he rarely was in the starting XI. While intense fitness-training might seem like the logical solution, the answer was in fact to give him a *lighter* training regime. After that he would at least be 100% fit in time for the next match.
    I’m having exactly the same problem with a regen whose condition never seems to be above 90. Thanks for the heads up on what to do. I run quite intense training regimes so will put him on something lighter. Thought it was some sort of error at first.

vCash
    This happens to me sometimes as well. Some players just don't get to acceptable fitness.
    I tend to have a special training regime for players who have bad natural fitness, but for some players even that isn't enough.
    If they get stuck at 50% max, I try them on almost no training, if that doesn't work he goes to reserves, and if that also doesn't work I just sell him.
    In my recent game this cost me one of the best defenders in the world. His new club Dortmund did manage to make him fit, but I think the AI cheats.

If anyone knows a solution for players like that, I'd be very interested!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    This ^^

I always thought of this as a lack of professionalism so first offence is a warning, second is a fine, third is the transfer list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    This ^^

I always thought of this as a lack of professionalism so first offence is a warning, second is a fine, third is the transfer list.
    First is a warning and transfer list 1 year before end of contract. Second is transfer list immediately.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    First is a warning and transfer list 1 year before end of contract. Second is transfer list immediately.
    Harsh, but fair :-D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    Harsh, but fair :-D
    Damn .... who wants to be fair ?