Thread: odb editor questions ? Change a club name to another club ?

vCash

odb editor questions ? Change a club name to another club ?

Hi odb editor sorry if this is easy im just back to editor after many years , ive managed to change players etc hopefully , but i tried to change 2 club names to 2 new club names but after trying they just come up blank 1 st two clubs in editor blank but if i scroll over them it says there name do i have to add club or something ? Same with players on injury and international retirement i see the section and select but cant delete it ? How do i do that ? The drop down box etc ?

vCash
    I'm not sure that I understand the problem.
    Assuming you are using the SI pre-game editor it is fairly simple

1. Click on the club you want to rename so that it is highlighed in blue in the left hand column
    2. Over type the long and/or short name
    3. Click on any other club in the left hand column and your new short name should be there

Make sure that you are running as Administrator or when you save it will be saved in the wrong place
    Also note that some club names can't be changed (eg FC Bayern) but the long and short names are greyed so that you physically can't do it
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    When ive put in club name before looks ok then if you go to clubs at top of screen 2 are blank no name but if i scoll over them its the new club just not coming up on screen whare name should be and not alphabetically ?
    Same with player if injured or international retirement it has a drop down box but cant seem to delete the problem how do i do this ? Can i not just use thid drop down box to tzke off the problem.

vCash
    I can't answer the name change as it works perfectly for me as described above.

To remove the injury, select the player and look at the Staff Configurations box
    There is a down arrow. Click on that and it will show the current list of ailments.
    click on the injury you want to remove, so that it is highlited in blue, then click the red - to the right of the box.

Save the data

But the easiest way is to open the player_setup.cfg file in your data folder using any text editor. MS Notebook is perfect.
    Find the player you want and just delete that line before saving.
    Much easier !
    The artist formally known as The Eejit