Thread: To Be The Best, You Got To Beat The Best - Season 2

vCash

To Be The Best, You Got To Beat The Best - Season 2

Lets see whos interested with season 2 which is ODB surely

- We will use the ODB (3.60) on v3.68 game.

- You get to create a custom team in the Premier League which you will stick with throughout the series.

- Each season we will start on a new save and all the players in the DB will be released with the release them all tool.

- Your team will have to be drafted together each season.

- You are free to use any tactics default or your own style but just NonWibWob. (Which hopefully will change targets in drafts, instead of everyone focus on same players)

- Squad submission will be weekly so a season will be run in 10 weeks. I will holiday each month and post screenshots for results.

- After the December month there will be a 'haggle' window where you can swap players, but only 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 etc. to avoid imbalances in squads.

Now about the draft.

- Each team will have to assemble a squad of 23 players (2 for each position and a 3rd keeper).

- I will create 11 drafts in total to fill all these positions, which won't be based only by CA or PA but few different criterias, so yes you will be able to get some legends too.

- Then I will do a random draw to determine the pick order of the draft amongst the managers.

- You then each pick a player until we reach the last one to pick and then we reverse the order to pick again (you need 2 players for each position).

- So the one who picks first also picks last again. With keepers we will have 3 rounds as everyone must have 3 keepers.

- And so we do 11 drafts to assemble the squads. Each draft I will do random draw for the picking order to keep it fair.

Any questions? Let me know!
    Last edited by Spectral; 14-11-19 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    How will it run?

vCash
    I don't want make much changes but open to any suggestion as well since we know how was the first season.

ODB could be used for the first version but it wasn't so i rather to give that a chance.

vCash
    Surely you want to stick to the team's we have?

Maybe a brief time for swapsies...

Otherwise we will have to start again. On the ODB.

vCash
    First season was stated as each new season will be based on new data update.

That's the reason i wanted to try ODB, however it can be decided over the ppl that interested and how the majority wants to continue.

vCash
    if you have the old save, it would be good to carry on for a few seasons and see how it goes.

vCash
    Well that would be good as well but sadly, couldn't get it from GFray.

vCash
    The end of Season 1 save is still online here and it runs on the March 2019 database, saturn 7 patch, so its up to you.

vCash
    Well lets try it this way..

- We will use the ODB (3.60) on v3.68 game.

- You get to create a custom team in the Premier League which you will stick with throughout the series.

- Each season we will start on a new save and all the players in the DB will be released with the release them all tool.

- Your team will have to be drafted together each season.

- You are free to use any tactics default or your own style but just NonWibWob. (Which hopefully will change targets in drafts, instead of everyone focus on same players)

- Squad submission will be weekly so a season will be run in 10 weeks. I will holiday each month and post screenshots for results.

- After the December month there will be a 'haggle' window where you can swap players, but only 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 etc. to avoid imbalances in squads.

Now about the draft.

- Each team will have to assemble a squad of 23 players (2 for each position and a 3rd keeper).

- I will create 11 drafts in total to fill all these positions, which won't be based only by CA or PA but few different criterias, so yes you will be able to get some legends too.

- Then I will do a random draw to determine the pick order of the draft amongst the managers.

- You then each pick a player until we reach the last one to pick and then we reverse the order to pick again (you need 2 players for each position).

- So the one who picks first also picks last again. With keepers we will have 3 rounds as everyone must have 3 keepers.

- And so we do 11 drafts to assemble the squads. Each draft I will do random draw for the picking order to keep it fair.

Any questions? Let me know!

vCash
    All good!

vCash
    seems ok apart from resetting each season, we will spend more time on the draft than the actual season

vCash
    CML and DTL are continues with previous year team, i kinda think playing something different would be good

vCash
    well yeah, Ray's original was meant to reset every year with an ongoing points table for 1st to last etc.

vCash
    Each draft I will do random draw for the picking order to keep it fair

ehm, that not mathematically fair, but random. If you redraw each round it could just randomly happen that you go first every time.

Draw once and everyone gets -1 in the order for next round. Sounds more fair to me. You agree?

vCash
    As one of the participants at previous year some didn't like how drafts done, i just put that as how the first season was.

If anyone has better/fairer idea we can do that, i have no issue