Thread: Promote young players - problem

vCash

Red face Promote young players - problem

Hello. I have a problem getting young players from my academy. I am currently playing the fourth season and have not promoted a single player, while computer-driven clubs have promoted 6-12 youngsters ... I will add that I always have less than 50 players on my team.
    Can you give any advice on how to solve this problem?
    Thanks and best regards

vCash
    How big is your squad now (first team and reserves)

vCash
    Hello! First team ALWAYS 24 players, reserves team (without control) only 9 players. Are you suggesting that the reason for my problem may be the low number of players in the club?

Thanks for help!

vCash
    If you had a huge squad then makes sense none come thorugh

What club are you and what faciloities like?

vCash
    Do you have a stadium and a city?
    Do you sign future transfers to fullfill 50 players squad, and then cancel some of future transfers?

vCash
    I would consider that to be a bonus. I donít think I have ever had a decent player come through an academy ... ever ! Now they just get released on day 1 so not getting them generated would save me a few clicks.

vCash
    I think there are a number of factors, coaching staff, youngsters playing in the team, standard of training facilities and enough space in the squad.

Some saves I seem to get loads, then the next wont get any.

vCash
    Get yourself an assistant with 20 for working with youngsters, same for coaches - think it makes it more likely you get players through the academy (think I read that somewhere on here), and obviously helps them develop once theyíre there.

Players through the academy always look terrible when they first appear, but many progress really well if given the time. Iíve done a few academy only saves, and Iíve always managed to have a mix of solid squad players and a few superstars through the academy 👍