Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Boys to Men

1. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Holding you own!

Now safe!

Some teams really struggling goin down - who's baove you in table and how many points etc? Assume a European push is out of question

Mid table be a fine effort for 1st season in PL though
    No relegation battle was nice for sure!

West Brom are a point above and then a little gap to Spurs and Wolves... no real chance of Europe, will take an excellent run to get as high as 8th

2. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

5. Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Defo safe, with room for improvement too!
    Preparing for next season already... seeing if there are any decent youngsters on the market

6. April 2027

PL: Newcastle vs Crewe

It was back to battle with last seasons rivals Newcastle and we started well after 18 minutes when Ramsey picked up the loose ball after Ruth was tackled, he drilled low to put us 1 up. Just 8 minutes later and we doubled our lead when Gardner headed in van der Sloot's cross and we went in at half time looking comfortable. However with 25 minutes to play John-Jules headed Newcastle back into the game but there was to be no comeback as within 5 minutes of their goal Newcastle conceded again as Ruth headed in Marriott's free kick to seal the points.

Result: Newcastle 1-3 Crewe

PL: Crystal Palace vs Crewe

We came into the game at Palace with confidence and it showed as the first 30 minutes of this game we played some scintillating football, our best of the season by a mile. After 6 minutes Harry Marriott fired a free kick in from 20 yards to give us the lead. Marriot then turned provider after 20 minutes when Ruth headed home his cross and just 2 minutes later it was Ruth crossing to find the head of van der Sloot to make it 3-0. There was time for one more goal before the half hour mark when Nichol played Ruth in on goal, his first attempt was saved but he buried the rebound and it was turning into a rout. After the excellent first half hour the game died out and it took until the 90th minute for another goal in the game when Nelson ruined our clean sheet.

Result: Crystal Palace 1-4 Crewe

PL: Crewe vs Bournemouth

After 2 excellent away wins it was back to Gresty Road to face Bournemouth and this game certainly was not full of chances like our last 2. In fact it took 74 minutes to break the deadlock and it was the visitors who took the lead through Isak but like London busses another goal came a minute later when Nichol played in Gardner who smashed the ball past the keeper to get us level. Unfortunately we couldn't hold out for a draw and with 7 minutes to play Ogden won it for Bournemouth.

Result: Crewe 1-2 Bournemouth

PL: Watford vs Crewe

It was a dull first half at Watford but I hope the fans didn't leave early for a half time pie as on the stroke of half time Marriot whipped in a free kick and the in form Ruth gave us the lead. It wasn't to be another win on the road though as Dowell saved a point for Watford with 15 minutes to play.

Result: Watford 1-1 Crewe

April was a very good month for us with 7 points from 4 games, we still sit 11th but there is a chance of a top half finish...

Player Focus:

The PFA awards were announced and 2 of our players earned some recognition as Harry Marriott and Lasse Christiansen were up for the Young Player of the Year award. However Watford's English left back Jonathan Cooper took the award, Marriot was runner up and Christiansen came third in the vote. You can see why they are both highly regarded... as well as being excellent in the holding midfield role Marriott has scored 3 and assisted 10 goals so far this season and Christiansen has only conceded 29 goals in his 31 league games.

Spoiler!

vCash

vCash
    Making it look easy.
    Must be very tight at the bottom. There is a huge gap between Palace and Newcastle.
    Could 30 points be enough to avoid relegation ?
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

10. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Crewesing along nicely.
    Lovely pun

11. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

12. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Crewesing along nicely.

This is a good chance to test out players and formations!
    Yep 30 should do it, the bottom 5 a very poor

13. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Solid month there

Defence nice and solid - next season a few more goals might be required

Da fuq is playing for the 'ammers for them to be winning the league?!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

16. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Da fuq is playing for the 'ammers for them to be winning the league?!
    Joao Felix is amazing and they have a quality team, they came close to the title last year and are on for the double!!!
    Last edited by James_y; Yesterday at 09:40 PM.

17. May - June 2027

PL: Crewe vs Man United

When van der Sloot set up Ramsey to volley home after 27 minutes we were looking good in our opening game of May at home to Man United. However 5 horror minutes just before half time saw United turn the game round as Rabiot and Calvert-Lewin both struck. We never recovered in the 2nd half and The Red Devils walked away with all 3 points.

Result: Crewe 1-2 Man United

PL: Arsenal vs Crewe

A man of the match performace from keeper Lasse Christainsen helped us to a goalless draw at the Emirates Stadium and the Dane was starting to take interest from Chelsea who had scouts at the game.

Result: Arsenal 0-0 Crewe

PL: Crewe vs Fulham

In our last game at Gresty road for the campaign it was looking like heading for another 0-0 draw until with 12 minutes left to play Ruth headed down a cross from Dalipi and substitue Callum Ainley finished to put as 1 up. Ainley wasn't done for the day though and in the dying minutes he turned in a cross from Gardner to seal the points.

Result: Crewe 2-0 Fulham

PL: Liverpool vs Crewe

Liverpool had too much quality for us to handle on the last day of the season and we walked away with nothing to show from the game as Norwegian star Odegaard struck twice to give The Reds victory.

Result: Liverpool 2-0 Crewe

Our first season of Premier League football was over and we had finished in a more than respectable 10th place with a quality defensive record but maybe an under par effort when it came to scoring goals which we will hope to improve on next year. I'm delighted with how the whole squad performed and adjusted to life at this level, however with the smallest squad in the league I will be looking to bolster the numbers over the summer.

International Round-up:

Ruth, Collins, Henderson, Hutchinson and Dalipi all added another International cap to their name in June, while Jason Miller was handed a debut for the England Under 21 side, playing alongside his colleagues Massey, Marriott and Gardner.

Player Focus:

Now for a summary of player performance this season and I don't have many complaints from our whole squad. Christiansen was very consistent between the sticks and I've just had to reject a 13 million offer from Chelsea. Mike van der Sloot won the fans hearts in his 1st season at the club and was named fans player of the year, van der Sloot and his partners in midfield (Nichol and Ramsey) all provided goals and assists and can only get better with experience. Harry Marriott has become the star man in the holding midfield role and also adds plenty of assists. Both Ruth and Gardner hit double figures and will look to now establish themselves as regular goal scorers at the top level of English football.

Two players departed the club at the end of their contracts and it was goodbye to Kyvon Leidsman, a Dutch striker I signed in my first season here but the signing will have to go down as a flop, Kyvon only managed 18 goals in 110 games for the club. The other departure finally was that of Squarzoni, after kicking up such a fuss for over 2 years now and ruining squad morale at times I'm glad to finally have him off the books and with that attitude finding a new club may prove hard work for the Italian. Squarzoni's first few seasons were immaculate after joining for just 50k from Verona as he helped move the club up though the leagues, holding the team together in the centre of midfield but then it all went wrong...

Spoiler!

Other News:

Some good news for the club as Gresty Road will have another 2325 seats for the start of the new season, taking the capacity up to 16,325. Then there was more good news and this one is a huge surprise as Crewe have been entered into Europa League Qualifying! Some of the teams above us must not have fancied starting their season in July but its not issue to us...

Crewe are in Europe!
    Last edited by James_y; Today at 03:40 PM.

vCash
    Good season!

And West Ham have done a Leicester

As to players' ratings, I always only keep players with an average rating of 7 or higher. That is, when I am ready to go for the title. So your squad looks like a 10th-place-squad to me. But I may be wrong.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yessssssssssss - a European tour

That'll test the squad if you get through!

A fine 1st season in PL

Defence rating lowest but I usually find it hard to have good ratings there

Cann's rating when playing

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Firml;y planted mid-table early and got the reward

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

24. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Good season!

And West Ham have done a Leicester

As to players' ratings, I always only keep players with an average rating of 7 or higher. That is, when I am ready to go for the title. So your squad looks like a 10th-place-squad to me. But I may be wrong.
    West Ham went on to do the double!

Still a lot of young players so I think 7's will come with experience. Overall I'm happy for now...

25. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Yessssssssssss - a European tour - Really looking forward to that

Defence rating lowest but I usually find it hard to have good ratings there - Yea and I can hardly fault the defenders after conceding under a goal a game

Cann's rating when playing - He's certainly a good number 2, wouldn't think he'd get that rating over a whole season though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Firml;y planted mid-table early and got the reward
    Never even considered that 10th may get us in to Europe!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910