Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Boys to Men

1. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Incredible month and huge teams played that month

What the heck has changed?!
    Hard to put my finger on it maybe better team selection, changing the captain to Knight, Ruths return of form, the defence tightening up again or maybe just the signing of Redknapp

2. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

3. League Cup Final 2029

Just minutes from the 2029 League Cup Final kicking off and a quick look at the 2 teams. Crewe have kept their stance of keeping Nathan Collins on the bench and the two Tony's have started to form a decent partnership at centre half. Vidal has been given the nod over Mallo in goal and Aaron Ramsey is the midfielder who misses out as he starts on the bench. The most disappointed player may be Crewe's top scorer this season Scott Gardner who is benched as they have chose to start with the Ruth and Russell duo. Last years man on of the match in the Final Jack Knight this year leads his side out...

Kick Off

3 mins:

Hutchinson finds Russell in the area...
    Russell smashes low...
    Brilliant save from Vastic!

7 mins:

Nichol with a through ball to Russell...
    Russell onside and takes the ball into the area...
    Russell hits a fierce shot...
    Over!
    Russell looking a threat in the early stages!

12 mins:

Will runs with the ball into the Crewe box...
    van der Sloot takes him down...
    Ref says no penalty!

25 mins:

Russell to van der Sloot
    van der Sloot to Hutchinson...
    Hutchinson shoots...
    Good save from Vastic!

28 mins:

van der Sloot takes on Andersson...
    Good tackle from Andersson...
    Loose ball falls to Russell...
    GOAL!!!
    Russell breaks the deadlock and Crewe lead at Wembley!

41 mins:

Russell flicks on towards Ruth...
    Ruth gathers the ball and sees off Andersson...
    Ruth drives from distance...
    Off the bar!

45 mins:

Half Time
    Crewe are 1-0 up at the break but it could have been more. Forest need to offer more in the 2nd half and young Portuguese star Diogo Moutinho is coming on for the second half.

53 mins:

Knight crosses from the left...
    Russell heads...
    Saved! Vastic having a good game for Forest!

66 mins:

Hesketh goes past Kelly...
    Hesketh goes past Knight...
    Hesketh crosses to the back post...
    Moutinho
    GOAL!!!
    Against the run of play Forest are level!

76 mins:

Free kick to Forest...
    Massey and Nichol are taken off for Collins and Ramsey for Crewe...
    Moutinho hits the free kick...
    GOAL!!!
    Moutinho has come from the bench to score 2 goals and Forest now lead and no-one saw it coming!

82 mins:

Gardner on for Knight as Crewe go for broke...

88 mins:

Free kick to Crewe...
    Kelly hits it...
    Wide!

90 mins:
    Ramsey plays the ball to van der Sloot
    van der Sloot hits a fierce shot...
    Vastic saves and holds well!

Full Time

Nottingham Forest have stunned Crewe, coming from behind to win 2-1 and claim the trophy. The Forest fans and players celebrate while the Crewe supports and team look stunned. Crewe probably could have killed the game off but once Forest scored they were stunned and never recovered.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wow - heluva comeback from Foret

Gutted you couldn't defend the trophy but a fine run

Is that Moutinho a regen? Made huge impact from bench

Big shout you leaving Gardner out

Hopefully doesn't impact the rest of the league form now as need to get a European place via league if you can

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

7. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Wow - heluva comeback from Foret

Gutted you couldn't defend the trophy but a fine run

Is that Moutinho a regen? Made huge impact from bench

Big shout you leaving Gardner out

Hopefully doesn't impact the rest of the league form now as need to get a European place via league if you can

Yea, maybe I shouldn't have left Gardner out.. was a tough decision and it didn't pay off

Moutinho is a 21 year old Portuguese winger and looks really good!

We are going to have to make sure we get that European place via the league!

vCash
    I was convinced you would win that trophy again and you probably should have. But that's the problem with one game. Tough luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

10. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I was convinced you would win that trophy again and you probably should have. But that's the problem with one game. Tough luck!
    I thought I'd win it to but Redknapp69 jinxed us

11. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

12. March 2029

Ruth Gives Crewe Slender Advantage

Crewe bounced back from their League Cup Final defeat and have a slender 1-0 lead to take to Anfield in the Europa League Quarter Finals after a Michael Ruth 3rd minute strike gave them victory at Gresty Road...

Solid Performance Denies Champions!

Crewe put in a solid performance at Premiership Champions Leicester to take away a point with a goalless draw...

Revenge Served!

Crewe avenged last years exit to Liverpool at the same stage of the Europa League thanks to a Dominic Russell goal in a 1-1 draw at Anfield...

Ruth Downs Leaders!

Michael Ruth scored the only goal of the game as Crewe impressively defeated league leaders West Ham...

Gardner Bags Brace as Crewe Charge Continues!

Crewe continued their impressive form with a 2-0 win at Bramall Lane thanks to 2 goals from Scott Gardner...

West Ham get Revenge in Cup Thriller!

West Ham took revenge on Crewe for their League Cup Semi Final defeat in a 3-2 FA Cup thriller that was won in extra time. Crewe applauded their players outstanding effort though as they ended the game with 9 men on the pitch thanks to a red card and injury and they still came so close to victory...

We bounced back well after our League Cup Final defeat and now have a Europa League Semi Final to look forward to against Sevilla. It was a shame about the FA Cup but I can't have a go at the lads they were excellent despite defeat and literally on their last legs. Our league form has continued to be strong as we look to seal a place in Europe. There has been more trouble in camp though as after the League Cup Final loss Alfie Kelly publicly criticised him teammates and now I'm wishing we took that 13m offer from Spurs as we have 2 bad apples in camp and team morale is at an all time low despite the good form on the pitch.

International Round Up:

Michael Ruth scored twice for Scotland against Lithuania and Collins, Hutchinson and Brown all represented their countries in the International break. Alfie Kelly and van der Heijden both appeared at under 21 level.

No-one has made more appearances for this club than Callum Ainley but he hasn't kicked a ball for us in the first team this season and I felt it only fair to let him move on and we sold him on the cheap for 500k to Dynamo Kyiv. Thank you Callum for all years of service to this club and good luck in Ukraine!

Last edited by James_y; 15-02-20 at 06:19 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Some shockingly good results there!

That FA Cup QF should have been yours, too.

So no domestic cup this year, then. But the League looks fairly good as you have a game in hand.

Pity about the team morale, though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ainley - club ledge

Lucky over Pool obvs

Helliuva FA Cup game - MAD late end and ET to the game!

Brilliant in league and games in hand - European charge looking good there

Sevilla wont be easy

More friction in da camp

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

18. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Some shockingly good results there!

That FA Cup QF should have been yours, too.

So no domestic cup this year, then. But the League looks fairly good as you have a game in hand.

Pity about the team morale, though.

Hopefully we can qualify for Europe again for next season and it will still be a good season, really need rid of those bad eggs in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Ainley - club ledge

Lucky over Pool obvs

Helliuva FA Cup game - MAD late end and ET to the game!

Brilliant in league and games in hand - European charge looking good there

Sevilla wont be easy

More friction in da camp
    More drama this season than all the others put together. No choice now Collins and Kelly have to go and we have to rebuild for next season

19. April 2029

All to do in Spain!

A 1-0 home defeat to Sevilla has left Crewe with a huge task to make the Europa League Final...

Wolves add to Crewe Woes

April's bad start continued for Crewe with a flat performance in defeat at home to Wolves...

Crewe not Clinical!

3 home games played in April and no goals for Crewe as they played out a goalless draw with Liverpool...

Chelsea Stunned as Crewe Comeback!

Crewe came from 2-0 down at Stamford Bridge to draw with Chelsea and kick start their month...

Aaron goes from Hero to Villain in Spain!

Aaron Ramsey gave Crewe the lead in Spain before getting sent off and ultimately costing his side a place in the Europa League Final...

Crewe get a Little Revenge!

Connor Little struck twice as Crewe relegated the team that beat them in the League Cup Final...

Massey sees Red as Crewe Held!

Tony Massey was sent off as Crewe were held 1-1 at Leeds...

Crewe Back in Business

Crewe performed well to win 1-0 at Arsenal as they look to secure a place in Europe next season...

April had more downs than ups and we are gutted not to make the Europa League Final, however we finished the month well and hopefully we can finish the season with some strong performances and be back playing European Football next year! Despite only 1 goal in April Dominic Russell won the Young Player of the Month award, we hope with experience gained this year that next season he will improve his goal tally.

Last edited by James_y; 17-02-20 at 12:04 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What a challenging month!

What did Ramsey do to get his red card? If he did something nasty he deserves to be severely disciplined, even though he scored that goal. If fact, you could probably say because he scored a goal first!

Still, 6th place looks almost secure now. Leicester have two games in hand, but it's Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool who our all still breathing down your necks!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ugh - not an ideal month!

Always hard v Sevilla after ya didn't score at home - fine run in that comp though!

Not the best league run eitehr

CL stil a possibility but surely leicester to lose with games in hand

Table is sooooooooooooooooooooo tight

How many getting a European place? (i.e who has won domestic cups and assume you applied for Europa League Qualifying?)

Once again GOALS is the issue in league - barely scoring more than 1 a game

But hey - you are Crewe and doing a fantastic job this far with restrictions!

- - - Updated - - -

Also - a if a few of those draws turned into wins...........

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

25. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    What did Ramsey do to get his red card? If he did something nasty he deserves to be severely disciplined, even though he scored that goal. If fact, you could probably say because he scored a goal first!
    Double footed challenge, don't worry he got a warning!

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    How many getting a European place? (i.e who has won domestic cups and assume you applied for Europa League Qualifying?)

Once again GOALS is the issue in league - barely scoring more than 1 a game
    4 in Champions League, 3 Europa and then 1 Europa Qualifying (yep applied for!)

Forest obviously got 1 spot for beating me in League Cup despite relegation!

Maybe one day we will be a more attacking team, who knows!

26. May 2029

Super Crewe Stun City!

Crewe put in a superb performance to end any faint title hopes for Manchester City at Gresty Road with a 2-0 victory...

Toon Trashed!

Crewe stunningly won 4-1 at St Janes' park to elevate themselves into a Champions League spot for the first time all season with just 1 game to play!

Coutts Costs Crewe!

Burnley sensationally won 2-1 at Crewe to deny them a place in the Champions League on the final day of the season...

I'm pretty speechless about what happened, after our first half of the season to then suddenly be in a Champions League spot with 1 game to play was remarkable and then we only went and lost at home to Burnley to blow it! I know I said if we found ourselves in this position again we'd take our chance, but sadly I was incorrect! Still to finish 5th again was a great effort and let's look at the positives... we are back in the Europa League. We had some great cup runs this season but the League Cup Final defeat to Forest still hurts.

I've been here 10 seasons now and coming from League Two all the way to becoming a stable Premiership club and playing European football has been amazing. Our target for now was to be a steady Championship club so we have gone way past expectations and also have a League Cup trophy into the cabinet. I hope in 10 years time I can be talking about even more success...

The lads were great again this season despite all the problems off the pitch surrounding Nathan Collins and Alfie Kelly, both of whom we will be looking to sell this summer. Fans player of the year Scott Gardner's place was under threat when we signed Russell but he did not accept sitting on the bench and went on top be our top scorer with his finest season for the club yet! Coming up we will look in more detail at our whole squad as my other goal at this club has been player development and I want to look closer at how we have done...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ouch!

There's an awful lot of positives to look at, as you pointed out already, but that doesn't make that game less painful.

And still, a remarkably good season....

29. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

30. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Ouch!

There's an awful lot of positives to look at, as you pointed out already, but that doesn't make that game less painful.

And still, a remarkably good season....
    Once again I'm not sure we are ready for the Champions League... doing my best to get in some more quality this summer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Once again I'm not sure we are ready for the Champions League... doing my best to get in some more quality this summer!
    Much-needed, I would think!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Bizarre end to season

Twice now where some are saying you have "bottled it" (understandable as you have "babies" palying for you )

But - another excellent season overall

Same money spent and received

Got a decent GK fight for No.1 jersey

Largely average midfield ratings

Full backs doing much better than DC's - kinda makes sense if they are going forward and contributing etc

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

35. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Twice now where some are saying you have "bottled it" (understandable as you have "babies" palying for you ) - its probably the lack of experience not getting us over the line when the pressure is on

But - another excellent season overall - no complaints until I look at how many points Forest got and then remember they beat us in a final

Same money spent and received - what can I say, I like to balance the books, no one is banning us from Europe!

Got a decent GK fight for No.1 jersey - cant make up my mind which one is better!

Largely average midfield ratings - yup but looks who is the best all be it from a lot less games... I think we have a young star in Connor Little

Full backs doing much better than DC's - kinda makes sense if they are going forward and contributing etc - Collins had a mare of a season, please someone buy him!

36. Shout Out to our Ex(es)

Before we take a deep look into our squad for the 2029/30 season I've decided to look at some memorable ex players from the last 10 years and see how they are now getting on...

Joshua Kane:

Joshua was one of my first signings for the club and was our super sub, scoring regular goals from the bench in League's One and Two. Since leaving he has found himself playing non-league football for Spennymoor Town and he seems to be enjoying life there...

Spoiler!

Regan Griffiths:

Regan was ever reliable for us in the centre of midfield playing for us in all divisions apart from the Premier League. He has since found a new home at League Two side Newport but has unfortunately lost his place in the first team this season...

Spoiler!

Klajdi Lolos:

Lolos was a good goal scorer for the club and helped us get to the Championship but unfortunately he couldn't make the step up to that level and ended up leaving the club when his contract ended. He now finds himself playing in the lower leagues in Greece where he scores and creates goals for fun!

Spoiler!

Ted Cann:

Ted was a great servant for the club, he was a top keeper in League One and then an ever reliable number 2 after that. He is now a number 1 again but only finds himself playing Scottish Championship football for Morton...

Spoiler!

Aitor Gelardo:

Ah the little Spaniard who showed glimpses of magic for us but was never quite consistent enough. Gelardo now plays in the lower leagues in Spain where he is a star player...

Spoiler!

Martin Vukovic:

Croatian centre half Vukovic was always a solid player for us and I'll always remember his debut free kick goal. Since leaving Vukovic has mainly spent his life in the Championship playing for Blackburn, Southampton and now Sheffield Wednesday. He's also won a single International cap for his country.

Spoiler!

Lasse Christiansen:

We were dealt a huge blow a year ago when Danish International keeper Christiansen left us to Bournemouth for 34 million. Lasse has performed well in his first season but his goals conceded per game record isn't as impressive, their defence is obviously not as strong as ours!

Spoiler!

Harry Marriott:

Last but not least and he was one of our own... Harry Marriott came through our youth system but also left the club for Bournemouth in a 40 million deal 18 months ago. Harry has done ok at Bournemouth but his performance levels haven't been as high as they were here. The former England Under 21 International is still only 23 and has plenty of time for a great career...

Spoiler!

You may be wondering what happened to Silvio Antonio Squarzoni, well after his outbursts in his last few years here, no one else thought he was worth the risk and the Italian was forced into early retirement and now he's taken an office job back in Italy but things don't seem to be going too well...

Speaking of ex players, we now have some more to add to the list as 4 players departed the club this summer... firstly trouble makers Nathan Collins (10m to Spurs) and Alfie Kelly (12.25m to Bournemouth) departed, Nathan was captain for a long time and played over 200 games for the club and despite what happened last season I'd like to thank him for everything. Alfie Kelly was only here for 18 months and is a talented player but he has some growing up to do. After 4 good seasons at the club Richard Nichol has moved on to Zenit for 29m as they outbid his former club Watford to gain his signature. Finally John van der Heijden has left us for Burnley in a 15m deal, he's done a solid job for us in the holding midfield role but some better options have come along...

Spoiler!
    Last edited by James_y; 18-02-20 at 01:16 PM.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash

39. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

40. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Are your squad players all very young now?
    Very young average age for my squad... you'll see all my new players in the next 2 posts

vCash
    Ah Lolos

Ted Cann

Some good money made one the outgoings!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

43. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Ah Lolos

Ted Cann

Some good money made one the outgoings!
    Got so much money we dont know what to do with it. Though we have found some uses as youll find over the next few days