Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Boys to Men

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    10 points off top 4, quite a big gap already so canít see us beating our previous best of 5th place this season
    I remember with Rovers ending in 6th place in my second year, 4th place in my third year and 6th place again in my fourth year. The next year we won the League!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mixed month

Gutted being out of Europe and league Cup so rearly - charge in the FA Cup needed!

What's up wth that fella absent from training?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

5. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I remember with Rovers ending in 6th place in my second year, 4th place in my third year and 6th place again in my fourth year. The next year we won the League!
    All my hopes to next season then

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Mixed month

Gutted being out of Europe and league Cup so rearly - charge in the FA Cup needed!

What's up wth that fella absent from training?
    Yea unless I get something going in the FA Cup this has all the signs of an uneventful season!

Heís homesick and took a leave on absence, not too fussed as only my 4th choice keeper

6. January - February 2030

2030 didn't begin well with an unlucky defeat at Goodison Park but we responded well with 3 wins and a draw to make it a good month. After a busy summer of transfers unsurprisingly January was quiet for us as there was no permanent movement in or out the club, a few players have gone out on loan and we will take a look at how they are doing later. Leeds did table a £12.5 million off for England Under 21 International Redknapp, but the offer was swiftly rejected. With 4 goals in the month Dominic Russell was named Young Player of the Month.

Our excellent league form continued in February with 7 points from 3 games, the points we dropped at home to Wolves on one hand were disappointing but on the other we were 2-0 down so to get a draw was a good result. I was awarded Manager of the Month as we are now up to 5th in the table and holding midfielder Brouwers who had been excellent won the Player of the Month award.

It's been a comfortable start for us in the FA Cup but tougher times are ahead as we travel to Anfield in round 5 to face Liverpool!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next season I will be going back to a slow month by month style and I'm trying to decide which format to do the rest of this story in so have setup a poll for you to vote for your favourite style to read:

Featured Game every Month - example - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...157#post465157
    Description of every Game - example - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...377#post467377
    Headline Style Posts for each Game - example - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...991#post469991

VOTE NOW

vCash
    Slow month to month style

Some good results but a big gap between you and Chelsea still remaining.

And my vote goes to #2 (the September - October 2026 style)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

9. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Slow month to month style

Some good results but a big gap between you and Chelsea still remaining.

And my vote goes to #2 (the September - October 2026 style)
    Haha ok my slow style... I can't compete with the detail you provide mate

Yea still would take a lot for me to break into that top 4

10. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Very good couple of months

CL not out of the question but for sure would need to go some

Goals being spread around which is good

Mahhosive game against the mighty Pool in cup

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

13. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Very good couple of months

CL not out of the question but for sure would need to go some

Goals being spread around which is good

Mahhosive game against the mighty Pool in cup

CL is still a long shot but we are doing what we can!

This must be my best games per goals conversion since joining the Prem by a distance

14. March - April 2030

March began with our FA Cup 5th Round tie at Anfield and when Jose Antonio Castano hit a cracker from distance after just 14 minutes things were looking good, however the Reds levelled things up with 30 minutes to play and the game ended up going all the way to penalties. Unfortunately for us Aaron Ramsey missed the decisive penalty and any chance of silverware for the season had gone. The most annoying thing this season was we never actually lost a cup match in normal playing time, we had penalty shoot out defeats in both domestic cups and went out on away goals in Europe.

We had some tough games in March and despite some revenge on Liverpool we only picked up 3 points from 3 games and we now sit 6th but only 3 points clear of 9th place Spurs, so still could end up not making Europe! A special mention to Scott Gardner who this month made his England debut, coming off the bench in a friendly.

The team were fantastic in April with 4 wins and a draw from our 5 games, we are still 6th as Wolves have also performed well this month but at least now our Europa League place is sealed for next season and we cannot come any lower than where we are now, we also still have a chance of coming 5th again with 3 games still to play.

Player Focus:

6 players have spent some time out on loan this season, the stand out performer being Ferry de Haan who was outstanding at Bromley and has been getting some interest from several Dutch clubs as he is rumoured to make a move back to Holland this summer.

Spoiler!

vCash
    Not bad at all. Pity about the cups and the way you were eliminated in Europe but still a good season!

Pity if Ferry de Haan leaves!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nadgers - cup exit!

Solidified in league and gain Europe sorted

at EOS can you show what points in PL you have had and finishes please?

The kid is at Bromley so wouldn't get too excited

Castano seems to have banged in the goals this year from his position (is he CM?) - how many does he have - got a screenie?

Well deserved for Gardner at Int'l level - who is leading the line for England?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

19. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Not bad at all. Pity about the cups and the way you were eliminated in Europe but still a good season!

Pity if Ferry de Haan leaves!
    Good season if a bit uneventful!

Not a pity if I make a good profit on him

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Nadgers - cup exit!

Solidified in league and gain Europe sorted

at EOS can you show what points in PL you have had and finishes please?

The kid is at Bromley so wouldn't get too excited

Castano seems to have banged in the goals this year from his position (is he CM?) - how many does he have - got a screenie?

Well deserved for Gardner at Int'l level - who is leading the line for England?

Will put a screenshot in of all our PL finishes to compare stats in the next post.

I'm not excited about Ferry coming back and playing here, I'm excited he's suddenly valued at £10m and has admirers!

Castano has scored 12 goals from the CM role (playing in the middle of the 3 CM's), will sort a screenshot later and you'll get my usual end of season player spreadsheet in the next post :OK:

The god that is Barcelona forward Marcus Rashford leads the line for England, keeping both my boys Russell and Gardner on the bench with the World Cup coming!

20. May - July 2030

After a defeat at home to the to be champions Manchester United we then went on to win our last 2 games of the season and claim a third successive 5th place finish in the Premier League.

This season has been our best in the Premier League when it comes to points, games won and goals scored. Despite our best performance we were actually much further away from the top 4 than the last 2 seasons, which shows just how good the top 4 sides had been this season.

Scott Gardner was named Fans Player of Year again but the star man was Jozef Brouwers in the holding midfield role and he came 3rd in Player of the Year vote as well as being named in the Team of the Season. Dominic Russell who was only named on the bench in Team of the Season made up for that by being named Young Player of the Year, teammate Connor Little came 3rd in that vote. Here is a full breakdown of how the squad performed for us this season...

World Cup 2030:

Michael Ruth scored 2 goals for Scotland in the World Cup but they failed to make the last 8 and England also didn't make much of an impression in the tournament, Dominic Russell scored in his only appearance and Scott Gardner just kept the bench warm the whole tournament. There was a new name on the World Cup Trophy as the tournament ended with shock winners in the....

USA

21. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post

Here you go mate, I've just turned down a £50 million offer from A.Madrid!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Very very good season

Bit dissapointing in cups and Europe

What was reason why keepers changed during season? (or did 1 play in cups/Europe etc?)

Alan Smith 3 goals in 4 games for a defender?! WTF? Is he "smudge" in disguise?!

Rambo not doing much in CM

USA - wahahahahaha

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

26. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

27. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Very very good season

Bit dissapointing in cups and Europe

What was reason why keepers changed during season? (or did 1 play in cups/Europe etc?)

Alan Smith 3 goals in 4 games for a defender?! WTF? Is he "smudge" in disguise?!

Rambo not doing much in CM

USA - wahahahahaha
    Vidal is my preference but every time he was injured or suspended Mallo came in and did well so I wouldn't drop him until he had a bad game

Haha I know, Smith has the best goals per game record in the squad

To be fair most Ramsey's appearances were 20 minutes from the bench which didn't help his rating

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    A good season indeed, even if the gap with the top four has widened.
    European football was the most important thing, it was a shame we had no better cup runs. Suddenly the board are aiming big now and decided they want a title challenge next year!

28. Stressful Summer at Crewe

Crewe Alexandra have had a tough time in the transfer market this summer after failing with bids for several young talents and they are about to kick off the Premier League season with no new signings. To make matters worse 6 players have left the club over the last few months leaving Crewe with just a 26 man squad and some of the departures are rather surprising. Let's take a look at the players who have left...

Ferry de Haan:

The first departure isn't a huge surprise apart from the destination. Ferry de Haan departs Crewe after only 18 months and 1 game for the club. His performances on loan at Bromley last season earned him a lot of attention from back in Holland and surprisingly it was Ajax who made the signing for £9 million!

Jason Miller:

After 5 years at the club former England Under 21 International has moved on to Leeds for £10 million. With Nana Porter and Alan Smith in the squad Crewe felt they were ok to let the right back move on.

Mike van der Sloot:

Mike van der Sloot has joined Liverpool for £7.5 million. The Dutchman was a fan favourite at Crewe and had some good years at the club but his contract was due to expire next summer and he wasn't willing to negotiate terms so they decided to sell him cut price this summer rather than lose him for free in a year.

Aaron Ramsey:

After 7 seasons and over 200 games for the club Aaron Ramsey has departed to West Brom for £15 million after finding himself on the bench most of last season. Fans of Crewe have been vocal to thank Ramsey for everything he has done for the club and wish him well in the future.

Josh Brown:

A more surprising departure was 19 year old Welsh International Josh Brown who has followed former teammates Marriott, Christiansen and Kelly to Bournemouth in a £18.75 million move. With 2 other left backs in the squad in Knight and McCormack Crewe felt they had enough cover in the area to let the young talent move on for first team football.

Jozef Brouwers:

Saving the worst news to last and the star of last season Jozef Brouwers has moved to Crystal Palace for a club record fee received of £75 million. Jozef's departure is a huge blow for the club, it's rumoured he had an attitude problem and had fallen out with several players off the pitch, forcing the manager into a corner to reluctantly sell the Belgium International.

vCash
    To be honest, apart from Jozef Brouwers they all look like decent Eredivisie players who would never find a Premier League club interested in them.

Jozef Brouwers on the other hand might end up with a world class team like Barcelona or Bayern Munchen. You will certainly miss him! Apart from his attitude problem, that is.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    With the squad you have, 5th is a damned good effort. Keep building on that year on year and the gap will surely close.

USA after Scotland. You do get weird World Cup winners. I'm in 2105 and have had a Serbia, Austria and Croatia, but it is mainly the winners that you might expect.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

33. Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    To be honest, apart from Jozef Brouwers they all look like decent Eredivisie players who would never find a Premier League club interested in them.

Jozef Brouwers on the other hand might end up with a world class team like Barcelona or Bayern Munchen. You will certainly miss him! Apart from his attitude problem, that is.
    Gutted about Brouwers, so many players were unhappy though, I had to get rid

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    With the squad you have, 5th is a damned good effort. Keep building on that year on year and the gap will surely close.

USA after Scotland. You do get weird World Cup winners. I'm in 2105 and have had a Serbia, Austria and Croatia, but it is mainly the winners that you might expect.
    I was confident of challenging for the top 4 next year but after what happened this summer I am less confident

Scotland was still the real shocker and so soon into the save!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718