Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project 369

vCash

Project 369

This is a database/patch that tries to upgrade 3.9.68, the last official release of CM0102, to an unofficial 3.9.69 patch. The main features of Project 369 are:

• Start year changed to 2002.
    • Players/staff all one year older.
    • 2001/02 Player histories now viewable.
    • Database changes.
    • .exe changes.

Start year change:
    The .68 data was for the 2002/03 season, but the game still had a 2001 start year. I'm guessing that Xbox had some sort of exclusivity deal regarding a 2002/03 release. The start year has been changed to 2002 by using Tapani 2.22.

Older players:
    With the game starting a year later, everyone is accordingly one year older. This can slightly change a player's roles in a squad compared to .68, but generally not much changes. In some cases where a player was too young for .68, their correct age is now shown! Players ages were increased with Tapani's cmstaff-1.01.

2001/02 histories:
    These were always in the database, but with a 2001 start year they would never be shown in the actual game. That must've been fun to learn for whoever entered in all that data. It's nice to see the 2001/02 histories as it can show why some young players were rated so highly in the database. Players' histories were moved back one year with Archie's Updater. Unfortunately, a bug occurs using this tool: the last history entry is often duplicated. Most of the time this isn't an issue, but when a player's last history entry is a loan one it will be shown twice. I have gone through most of England and Serie A looking for such entries and have deleted many of them, but there will definitely be others in the game. Let me know if you find one.

Database changes:
    Sports Interactive themselves admitted that the .68 release was not up to their usual standards. This release attempts to improve the accuracy of the database without interfering too much with things that would affect gameplay. The vast majority of the database changes can be categorized into:
    --> Player histories updates.
    --> Nickname removals: if a player's nickname is his full name like Iker Casillas then I find it a bit pointless and have removed them. A lot of Portuguese and Spanish players fall into this category.
    --> Middle name removals: lots of players have their middle names included for no apparent reason, eg Diego Pablo Simeone. These have been removed.
    --> Uncommon names: John Carew is no longer called Alieu, Pep Guardiola is no longer Josep, Matt Holland is no longer Matthew Holland etc.
    --> Loans: .68 was missing several loans. In addition, some high profile loans were converted into full transfers for .68. These have been changed back into loans for 369.
    --> Transfers: there have been probably about ~50 transfers made in 369 and the vast majority of them have been done as the player is only on loan to their .68 club. Mendieta from above is the most high profile one, but there are others (Coloccini, Sorin, Carini). A handful (half a dozen) of high potential youths have been moved from free transfers to their real 2002 clubs too (Falcao, Kieran Richardson, Luke Steele).
    --> Attribute changes: very, very few changes have been made here. A few 0s have been changed to improve some .68 prospects that turned out to be great IRL. But I only replaced the 0s, so while Iniesta now has perfect mental attributes, some of his already filled out playing stats will still prevent him from becoming truly world class. Likewise Cristiano Ronaldo is the anti Cherno Samba in that his CM version will never turn out to be as good as the IRL version.
    --> Other: Second nationalities have been added to some players, and a lot of staff have had their international caps/goals updated too (mostly UK staff). Some players on huge contracts in the database (looks like yearly figures added in instead of weekly - one was on £600k p/w!) have had their wages reduced. Competition histories have also been added where missing.

All database changes can be found here.

.exe changes:
    The cm0102.exe has been patched with Tapani 2.22 and has had various other features from the Patches forum added to it. A lot of these changes will be familiar to anyone that's used any of my previous patches.
    Spoiler!

Instructions:
    1. Make sure your game is patched to 3.9.68.
    2. Delete the Data folder and cm0102.exe in your Championship Manager folder.
    3. Download Project 369.zip and unzip it.
    4. Move the Data folder and cm0102.exe into your Championship Manager folder.
    5. Use Nick's patcher to change additional options. Only the options in green in this screenshot can be changed - choosing any of the others will result in your game crashing. The patcher can be downloaded from here. The exe from the Project 369.zip looks like this.
    6. Play.
    Last edited by saturn; 28-12-19 at 04:00 PM.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

vCash
    Crikey - this sounds like a lovely Christmas present!

Great work as ever Saturn (as well as anyone else's work which this touches e.g Tapani/Nick etc!)

vCash
    As red said. Nice present
    One question, how to play Northern Premier league? The same way as current patches? just load national leagues in England?
    Also, if you want any help to update brazilian clubs or players let me know

Is renaming patch on it?
    Last edited by bruebous; 24-12-19 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    saturn... the gift that keeps on giving, can't wait to give this a go!!!

vCash
    You had me at 69...

Awesome. This is amazing!

vCash
    What a nice present for Christmas!
    Do I need to install 3.9.68 patch?
    Last edited by coval84; 25-12-19 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coval84 View Post
    Coval - Yes you do, it's based on the 3.9.68 patch, so naturally you would need it installed.

None of the patches as far as I am aware will work on 3.9.60 version of the game.

vCash
    There seems to be an issue with Attribute masking setting.

When selected, if you load a new game and progress the game, the attribute mask is removed.

vCash
    MrFoo: That could be from a patch I posted about - will investigate.

EDIT: if you feeling handy with a hex editor you can revert based on the info at:
    https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...247#post461247

EDIT2: Updated the link above with two new bytes to change to the original patch that should fix this issue. Sorry about that!
    Last edited by Nick+Co; 27-12-19 at 05:47 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post

EDIT: if you feeling handy with a hex editor you can revert based on the info at:

EDIT2: Updated the link above with two new bytes to change to the original patch that should fix this issue. Sorry about that!
    Brilliant Nick thank you, but....how do I fix it? or is it for Saturn to incorporate?

vCash
    Save:
    Code:
    0x5CC270 01 00
    0x1AF646 74 90
    0x1AF646 4F 90
    to a text file and use my patcher to apply it is your quickest solution.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruebous View Post
    As red said. Nice present
    One question, how to play Northern Premier league? The same way as current patches? just load national leagues in England?
    Also, if you want any help to update brazilian clubs or players let me know

Is renaming patch on it?
    Yes, just load the Northern Premier the same way as usual. There is no renaming done for this patch (other than Holland --> Netherlands), the .68 names will stay the same for 369 as in my eyes they are the correct names for that database.

Quote Originally Posted by coval84 View Post
    Yes you do, I will add that to the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFoo View Post
    There seems to be an issue with Attribute masking setting.

When selected, if you load a new game and progress the game, the attribute mask is removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post

Thanks for the bug report MrFoo and for the solution Nick! I have updated the exe in the 369 folder to include the fix.

-

Another thing I forgot to add in the OP was that everyone's contract has been extended by one year and that all the player/squad restrictions have been reverted to .68 levels.

vCash
    The game won't load in portuguese, only in english.
    The only league that loads is Brazilian, but it's all messed up. Brazil is set as Caiman Islands, Argentina as Belgium and so on.
    A pitty

vCash
    *Players on loan can now not be bought by AI/human managers.

Trying to fight a unrealistic concept of the game, with a concept even more unrealistic, is a nonsense.

Also, there is nothing said about the "basque-only" teams, whose number should be a lot lower than now. Real Sociedad have several not basque players, as does SD Eibar, and even Athletic Club de Bilbao. I'm sure most Segunda B and Tercera Division clubs would have non-basque players if they had the resources for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruebous View Post
    The game won't load in portuguese, only in english.
    The only league that loads is Brazilian, but it's all messed up. Brazil is set as Caiman Islands, Argentina as Belgium and so on.
    A pitty
    The euro.cfg file seems to be the problem for creating games in Portuguese. But even after deleting it, the nationality mixup continues and I'm not sure what causes that. I tried reverting the Netherlands name change to see if something had gone awry there but the issue still continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullman View Post
    *Players on loan can now not be bought by AI/human managers.

Trying to fight a unrealistic concept of the game, with a concept even more unrealistic, is a nonsense.
    How is it even more unrealistic?

Also, there is nothing said about the "basque-only" teams, whose number should be a lot lower than now. Real Sociedad have several not basque players, as does SD Eibar, and even Athletic Club de Bilbao. I'm sure most Segunda B and Tercera Division clubs would have non-basque players if they had the resources for it.
    This is a database/patch for the 2002/03 season. If a team's Basque policy had changed from 2001/02 to 2002/03 then something can be changed, but their Basque policy of today will have no impact on this release.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    How is it even more unrealistic?
    "Players on loan can now not be bought by AI/human managers."

In real life, there are players bought before their loan spell run out. It's a unrealistic concept you implement because AI players don't usually buy players on loan (even if they sometimes do).

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    This is a database/patch for the 2002/03 season. If a team's Basque policy had changed from 2001/02 to 2002/03 then something can be changed, but their Basque policy of today will have no impact on this release.
    Sergio Boris, who is from Oviedo and therefore not basque, played with Real Sociedad between 2001 and 2004.
    Francisco Javier Rey García "Quico", who is from Galicia, played with Eibar in the 1998-99 season.
    José Ignacio García Cayón, who is from Cantabria, played with Gernika in the 1998-99 season.
    Abel Martínez Cardona , who is from Aragón, played with Gernika in the 2001-02 season.
    Johan Duveau, who is from Pays de la Loire (France), played with Gernika in the 2002-03 season.
    Chus Herrera, who is from Cantabria, played with Barakaldo in the 2000-01 season.

Most basque teams doesn't have, or ever had, a only basque players policy.

Even Athletic de Bilbao had several non-basque players on their team, as Mario Bermejo (Cantabria) in the 90s or, more recently, Aymeric Laporte (L'Aquitaine, France) or Enric Saborit (Catalonia).

vCash
    Even Athletic de Bilbao had several non-basque players on their team, as Mario Bermejo (Cantabria) in the 90s or, more recently, Aymeric Laporte (L'Aquitaine, France) or Enric Saborit (Catalonia).
    I’m Spanish, so let me clarify this. Bermejo, Laporte and Saborit are considered “Basque” because they’ve been promoted from any Basque team youth system. For example, if Griezmann were in Real Sociedad youth system, then is considered as “Basque” player for Athletic. Also some players with Basque origins as Roberto Ríos (born in Sevilla, son of Basque parents).

That’s why it said a joke: “Basque people are not from they born, but they’re from where they say they’re from”.

I remember Boris was the first signing from Real Sociedad changing their only-Basque and non-Spanish players policy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    I’m Spanish, so let me clarify this. Bermejo, Laporte and Saborit are considered “Basque” because they’ve been promoted from any Basque team youth system. For example, if Griezmann were in Real Sociedad youth system, then is considered as “Basque” player for Athletic. Also some players with Basque origins as Roberto Ríos (born in Sevilla, son of Basque parents).

That’s why it said a joke: “Basque people are not from they born, but they’re from where they say they’re from”.
    First, Mario Bermejo was signed from Racing de Santander, and he was already 19 years old when arrived to the Athletic de Bilbao.

Back in the day, the current policy of the Athletic Club was not active, but as Mario Bermejo father was from Bilbao, they said he was basque, even if he lived all his life in Santander.

Anyways, the only team than maintain a only-basque policy, even if flawed, is the Athletic Club, so other basque teams shouldn't be limited by this policy.

Right now, as you say, any not-basque player can play in the Athletic Club if he plays a season with the Athletic B, as they consider that's enough to be considered basque

Roberto Rios was raised in Sevilla, but he was born in Bilbao. Also, Ernesto Valverde, current Barcelona manager and former Athletic player, was born in Caceres, but raised in Vitoria.

I'm also spanish.

vCash
    "Players on loan can now not be bought by AI/human managers."

In real life, there are players bought before their loan spell run out. It's a unrealistic concept you implement because AI players don't usually buy players on loan (even if they sometimes do).
    Agreeing a season long loan for a player and having him then being bought by a third party is unrealistic, and it's totally unrealistic when it occurs a couple of weeks into the loan. If the latter has ever happened in real life I would say that it's in the vast, vast minority of cases, and I don't think the former is too common either.

As regards to the AI not buying loan players, it occurs so regularly in the game that the update team don't even use loans for high profile players anymore. Almost any player aged 22+ and playing well on loan will be signed by another club: Mendieta, Sorin and the Real Madrid loanees wouldn't last two weeks without this feature. It is not perfect in the sense that the loaning club should probably be able to sign the loaned player during his loan period, but it is a much more realistic version of what happens in real life compared to the game's version.

Sergio Boris, who is from Oviedo and therefore not basque, played with Real Sociedad between 2001 and 2004.
    Francisco Javier Rey García "Quico", who is from Galicia, played with Eibar in the 1998-99 season.
    José Ignacio García Cayón, who is from Cantabria, played with Gernika in the 1998-99 season.
    Abel Martínez Cardona , who is from Aragón, played with Gernika in the 2001-02 season.
    Johan Duveau, who is from Pays de la Loire (France), played with Gernika in the 2002-03 season.
    Chus Herrera, who is from Cantabria, played with Barakaldo in the 2000-01 season.

Most basque teams doesn't have, or ever had, a only basque players policy.

It's probably not a bad thing to remove some of the Basque-only clubs' restrictions as the number of Basque players dwindles down as the game goes on. Boris' signing definitely ended Sociedad's policy, and Eibar have a couple of Brazilians in the database so they can lose their restriction too. Gernika can probably go too given the examples you have given.

vCash
    I guess i won't neither play this one.

vCash
    @Kullman: Although I agree with Saturn's view on this one - if you do not want this particular loan protection feature apply this patch: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/Re...otection.patch using my patcher to the Project 369 cm0102.exe and it will revert that particular part.

EDIT: And if you just want to forego all the of the Basque restrictions applied to specific clubs, please apply this patch: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/Re...rictions.patch
    Last edited by Nick+Co; 14-01-20 at 10:46 PM.

vCash
    Is it safe to do any further editing on this database without breaking anything?

vCash
    Would these patches also work with the Saturn patch?

vCash
    let's see if I got it right: project 369 → 2002/03 season
    Luessenhoff DB → 2001/02 season?

anyway, sounds like a good time. will install

vCash
    Saturn, I can't PM you because you're clearly a sensible person who doesn't accept PMs.

I am going to build a new/final version of my #ProRelForUSA patch which I've beta'd into the ground over the last however many years. As the fixes to Turkish reserve and lower division football are in this patch, would it be OK if I use this as the basis for my final version? I don't want to piggyback onto something you do not wish for anybody else to piggyback onto so I thought I'd ask before starting and potentially releasing for my one fan who doesn't even post anymore. It would be helpful to me if you did let me use it though.

Many thanks. Your pal,
    Fazzles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast