Thread: champman0102.co.uk 2019 Awards - RESULTS ARE IN!

vCash

champman0102.co.uk 2019 Awards - RESULTS ARE IN!

champman0102.co.uk Awards - 2019

It's that time of the year again!

Please put forward your nominations for each category via Private Message.

Please send your ONE vote PER category to me via Private Message!

The voting will run up to 10th January and then I will tally up the votes and announce the results!

As last year, each winner of a category will win a one-year VIP subscription and 1,000 vCash!.

The categories ARE:

Most Blatant Post Booster
    Most Improved Poster
    Best Thread
    Best Thread Starter
    Most Intelligent
    Best Newbie
    Funniest Poster
    Member Of The Year
    Best Staff
    Best Foreigner
    Post Of The Year
    Moment Of The Year
    Best Story

Good luck to you all!

Cheers
    riise

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

Nominations and votes at the same time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Nominations and votes at the same time?
    Hmm, didn't spot the conflict of terms - they're one and the same thing! There isn't a poll like MOTM, just whoever gets the most votes/nominations (sent to me).

Ah, okay. Thanks.

vCash
    Keep those votes coming in (by tomorrow), people!

vCash
    Gonna extend the deadline for this until Friday 17th January - itís unlikely Iíll have the time to write it up in the coming week so might as well give people every opportunity to vote in the meantime!

Also note that you neednít vote in every category - if youíve got someone/something to nominate in only a few categories, feel free to submit them (via PM to me, of course)!

vCash
    Little tip for the newbie award, if you click on community at the top under tech support and 0102 bet, and select members list, you can then sort by join date to see all members who signed up in 2019 and their post count.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nominations sent

vCash
    Thanks to all those that took the time to vote - nominations are now closed! I diligently compiled all the votes as they came in so that I could easily see the winners and get the write-up done this weekend... but that was on my work laptop so I'll work on it during the week and get the results up asap!

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    champman0102.co.uk Awards - 2019

The time has come at long last... The www.champman0102.co.uk Awards for 2019!

First of all, thanks to all those who took the time to cast their votes for each category. A core group have gotten involved in the awards to put forward nominees and the extended deadline helped to get some clear winners.

Reflecting on 2019, we've seen some highs and lows as always. Everyone who pulls together as a community in their various areas has helped in their own way to follow our motto which is simply - 'Keeping the Game Alive' - and, judging by the forum statistics, the game's legacy continues to thrive. Last year, thanks in no small part to some attention on social media, the count of new members compared to 2018 went up by a massive 27,182! The number of new posts increased (by 5,349), as did the number of new threads (probably due to somebody spamming 0102Bet) - 390 more than were created in 2018. Something of a false stat these days due to bots, but I'll take it at face value and report that we also saw a new record for online users - 14,331 on 21st March.

Without further ado, let's crack on and find out who has won our categories for the champman0102.co.uk awards - 2019!

Category 1 - Most Blatant Post Booster
    Previous Winners: info0 (x2), Fods (x3), m0ri, Champman01/02, BeezerCeltic1967, jacobclear.

We kick off with the 'Most Blatant Post Booster' award. A dubiously named award (does anybody really want to win it?) but the votes were in good spirit - the departed jacobclear received a nomination to retain his crown and there was also votes for samsami, totallyaddicted and Dermotron. But, ultimately, the award goes to the man who is the forum's third-highest poster of all time, Redknapp69.

Category 2 - Most Improved Poster
    Previous Winners: BobMem, Fabbs, Jesus, Dermotron, Lee, Brian, Fods (x2), GFRay (x2).

This is always an interesting category. Previous winners have often been members who were part of the community but perhaps didn't contribute as much as when they first joined the site. Over time, they have improved and become a vital cog in the community. There were some worthy nominations made and some for members who have already contributed to the community for quite some time. This year saw SteveHarle, Nick+Co and topofthekop all nominated, but it was undeservedly snatched from them by some guy called riise. (I had to paste Mark's 2018 preamble so that I'm not tooting my own horn!)

Category 3 - Best Thread
    Previous Winners: Screenshots, "Are you fuc@ing kidding me?", FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, BABES BABES BABES (x2), Albert Van Bevan and the great Nigerian scam, Auction Fantasy Football Premier League Discussion 2016/17, The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update, CM Vipers.

Everyone has a favourite thread - hell, there's plenty of excellent informative or entertaining threads throughout the forum. This year saw an old classic in Screenshots nominated, along with Gotta Catch 'Em All, 20 Questions, October 2019 Data Update, Tsigalko/van Nistelrooy, Patch +v8, Dream Team League and CM00/01. But the thread that takes home the coveted 'Best Thread' is, for a second year on the bounce, CM Vipers, after overcoming the adversity of a mid-season crash to do it all over again!

Category 4 - Best Thread Starter
    Previous Winners: Mark (x5), Bevchenko (x4), ZanSnake.

In 10 end-of-year award threads, just three users have had the honour of being named 'Best Thread Starter'. AMC, saturn, Nick+Co and riise had a chance to become the fourth but in the end ol' trusty Mark stepped up to keep the club exclusive and win it in back-to-back years - and the sixth time he's won this award overall!

Category 5 - Most Intelligent
    Previous Winners: JohnLocke (x3), Tapani, Alan (x2), saturn (x4).

Probably one of the best awards to be nominated for by your fellow forum users, and a look at the list of previous winners shows it's a difficult club to penetrate! saturn was nominated once again, and Nick+Co, Mark and Dermotron all received nominations to get them on that list, but fell short. There is a new name on the list, though - MadScientist adds himself to the honour roll and doesn't look out of place.

Category 6 - Best Newbie
    Previous Winners: Nikolayov, wato20, Topofthekop, Royce Gracie, Ruben, faz44, Papalzru, PilgrimPete, GFRay, dweatherston11.

It's always great to see new faces arrive on a forum dedicated to an 18-year-old game and make themselves at home right away. The newbies nominated this time around include SteveHarle, the villan, dweatherston11 (who would've achieved the bizarre accolade of retaining 'Best Newbie'!), Aeelon and Nick+Co. It's great to have so many to choose from, but the man who received more votes than the rest was James_y!

Category 7 - Funniest Poster
    Previous Winners: ozRooster (x2), Haniel, GoofyZ, Lee, Alan, Fods, trunky (x4).

After winning the award for the past four years, can anybody take the mantle of 'Funniest Poster' away from trunky? evesham, Craig Forrest, ZanSnake, riise and topofthekop gave him a run for his money, but his fellow members decided that he'd entertained them enough to retain his crown - the winner is of course trunky!

Category 8 - Member of the Year
    Previous Winners: Mark, Fods (x2), Craig Forrest, Beezer,Celtic1967, Dermotron, saturn, Redknapp69 (x2), GFRay.

Another award that is truly a great one to win (or even be nominated for). Aside from a couple of blips in the first few years, it's a list of the best of the best of the CM01/02 forum. The unlucky ones to be nominated but miss out this year were MadScientist, Nick+Co, Mark and SteveHarle, as Redknapp69 stepped in to regain his crown and be named 'Member of the Year' for a third time. Few can dispute it, the guy is everywhere - he's not just a blatant post booster!

Category 9 - Best Staff
    Previous Winners: Dermotron (x4), Fodster, Mark (x3), FranzFerdinand, milo.

Who does our public appreciate as we look to honour someone as 'Best Staff'? This is where we can thank a number of individuals for their hard work over the past year, some of whom the main public won't be aware of as all their work goes on behind the scenes. They all, of course, do great work and all deserve a nomination. But as it turned out, Mark, riise, SteveHarle and bruebous actually were nominated, but not as much as Dermotron, who wins it for a fifth time!

Category 10 - Best Foreigner
    Previous Winners: info0, ozRooster, Patinoz, merkezekrem, Craig Forrest (x3), Kubano1984, AJ (x2), GFRay.

Perhaps something of an outdated award, given that there are probably more foreigners than Brits on the forum. This led to quite a variety of nominations - AJ, MadScientist, Craig Forrest, samsami, GFRay and saturn were all nominated, but Andrea71 beats them to it, to be named 'Best Foreigner' for the first time.

Category 11 - Post of the Year
    Previous Winners: Insert Faces (Fods), Photoshopped Alan (Craig Forrest), Rant at Fods (Pasquale), Churky Makes Punishment (Pasquale), You may need some lube for that (colml), Gaffer's Alive (trunky), Patch 2.21.1+ v2 (saturn). ABBA's Penalties (Erkifino), Road to Glory (jokerjake).

This one is invariably wide open, with people often split between entertainment, insight or whatever else they like! Nominations for this one included GFRay's impassioned stepback, xeno explaining 'force load all staff', saturn's +v8 patch and ^Jack^ explaining how to speed up game processing. So, mainly insight, and the winner is also along those lines - MadScientist solving/explaining the Creativity bug!

Category 12 - Moment of the Year
    Previous Winners: Return of Mark as the owner, WelshRed taking over the website, the split of the CM 01/02 Update Team, the Michael Jackson debate, the Return of Tapani, Saturn's Jobs Abroad Fix, Tribute To Chapecoense, Fods being banned permanently, CM Vipers crash.[/

Nominations for 'Moment of the Year' consisted of jacobclear being banned permanently, riise taking over 0102Bet and Nick+Co devloping a 1993 patch for CM00/01... the release of the October 2019 Update was also of course in the mix, and is perhaps unfortunate to miss out to the release of the +v8 Patch, given that the two go hand-in-hand!

Category 13 - Best Story
    Previous Winners: Are You The Next - Series 4 (wato20), Are You The Next - Series 3 (wato2), A to Z (The Eejit), 25 Years of Hurt or Glory (Mark), Are You The Next - Series 5 (wato20), It's Fergie Time (The Eejit), The Pozzo Model (loyal_royal1), His Last Bow (samsami), The comeback of Samsami (samsami), The Return of the King (samsami).

This award is always hotly contested, and it's good to see that it remains so, with users entertaining other users with their excellent storytelling. The unfortunate ones to miss out on the award this year were:

Jack to a King? Ė A Swansea City Story (Redknapp69)
    The World of Football Management - Chapter 7 - Global Attraction (Mark)
    You Can't Win 'Em All (Kingsley)
    From Forum to Football II (riise)
    The Return of the Prodigal Sons (samsami)

He might have considered himself unlucky to miss out with a nomination above, but Kingsley still manages to take the award home courtesy of his Reverse Grid story that captured many imaginations for a while.

Thank you to those who voted, congratulations to those who have won an award this year (I'll liaise with Mark regarding the year of VIP and 1,000 vCash prizes) and of course, a huge thank you to the rest of you who have been involved in some way at champman0102.co.uk in the past year. Here's to seeing what 2020 has in store for us!
    Last edited by riise; 24-01-20 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Stupidity

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

vCash
    Congrats to all winners, and commiserations to all nominees, still it's a great honour just to be nominated and I thank all (possibly one ) who nominated me for an award.

Cheers for running this too riise

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

17. Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Congrats to all winners, and commiserations to all nominees, still it's a great honour just to be nominated and I thank all (possibly one ) who nominated me for an award.

Cheers for running this too riise
    Thanks all, Iíll consider myself a newbie no more!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great stuff Riise organising this

Congrats to those that "took home" an award, (honoured to pick up a couple!) a big "high5" to all of those that took the time to vote and a to all of those nominated - you don't half make this a fine place

Off to post boost now..............

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    One day you might find the multi quote button mate

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just seen it - after all these years!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Nice one! Well done to the winners, all fully deserved! thanks for those who nominated

26. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks to all the voters and to Riise for taking care of this.

Congratulations to all winners and nominees (great to be among them, thanks a lot guys).

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea71 For This Useful Post:

AJ

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Another year with not even a nomination in the story category!

Well Done all the winners.
    Another great year.

#KeepingTheGameAlive

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great to read that from a different perspective Thanks for running this one this year, riise

And congrats to everyone who picked up an award!

I wonder who sent in the nominations regarding CM 00/01

vCash
    Congrats to all your winners!

And fuck... I mean hard luck for all the losers... me included

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'd like to both thank and blame the cat for my late speech.

vCash
    Wow. Thanks to all who voted for my story. Totally unexpected
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post: