Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The 1,000 Goal Challenge

Those goals don't include any penalties as he isn't my penalty taker.

I'm using the Saturn v9 patch and inflation 2.0x from Nick's patcher. So its current money terms.

In context I am making 160m profit per year excluding any purchase or sales of players. so 96m isn't bank breaking by any stretch. I currently have a 218m transfer budget.
    Last edited by Renitor; 15-09-20 at 04:47 PM.

Legend !

The artist formally known as The Eejit

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Barca who?

Season 12 and nearly there. Matthew Williams started all 70 of the 75 games we played, scoring 96 goals taking his total to 967 goals.

With just 33 goals required it is almost inevitable that the target will get passed, probably in October or November. Just as well as Williams contract has just 12 months remaining and as he has decided that he want's to move to a bigger club, there is no chance of getting an extension. That is the same story for a number players, with 12 of them entering their final year.

The only significant transfer was the exit of 2nd choice keeper John Holmes who went to Fulham for a club record 1,000,000. His replacement, Matthew Hancock arrived for free and looks just as good.

In domestic competitions, we failed to win the League cup for the first time. That left us temporarily without a cup in the trophy cabinet, but since we went on to win the Welsh Cup and Premier Cup, that situation didn't last long. We are so far ahead of everyone else that the League is hardly a contest and we won it for the 12th time in a row.

Europe saw all the drama. After disposing of Belasica and Red Star we again made the Champions League group stage. I was not confident with Real Madrid and Celtic in the group, but the big guns were very disappointing and we ended up topping the group ahead of Lokomotiv Moscow.

For the second season running we found ourselves up against Barcellona in the second phase. A fine defensive performance earned a 0-0 draw in Spain, but back home, Matthew Williams bagged a hat-trick in a game where the Catalans saw 2 red cards and Cwmbran recorded a famous win. Inter and Hertha BSC were very disappointing, but we fully deserved or chance to make the knockout stage for the first time.

Chelsea was the reward and in a crazy start at Stamford Bridge, captain James Panayi was sent off after just 5 minutes. However the home supporters were soon silenced when Matthew Williams pounced on a loose ball and beat Shay Given from outside the box. Despite an onslaught, the 10 men held out until after the hour, but once Owen Hargreaves unlocked the defence, the floodgates opened and Chelsea went on to score 3 more.

Back in Wales, Matthew Price gave us hope with a first half strike, but Chelsea just shut up shop and when Craig Disley's goal was disallowed for a shove on a defender, that was our challenge over. With 16 goals, Matthew Williams was the Champions League leading scorer for the 3rd year running !

I'll just be hoping that Williams stays injury free and that James Panayi and Kristian Ravneng don't retire. I may wind down the reserve team as I know the players that I want to see us over the line.

Fingers crossed.

Edit to add .... Be nice bonus if he could get the 1,000th goal against a big European club.
    Last edited by Kingsley; 16-09-20 at 05:55 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Never in doubt. He knocked off the first 20 goals needed in just 15 games. The 25th was a match winning penalty at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League. A brace at Bangor took him to 998 and gave him the chance of scoring the 1,000th away to PSV. He did get a goal, but picked up a knock in the process, so was subbed to prevent a longer injury.

That left a scruffy goal on a cold night in Oswestry, in front of just 664 spectators to knock in the 1,000th (2 earlier strikes were chalked off for offside)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

The welsh wizard!

Of course he had to be a united youth product ... Never in doubt!

Interesting he was only MoM in 1/3rd of those games. You must have had some other cracking performances!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

Time for an update on my go at this.

But before that I thought I'd give a bit of background on the save.

March 2020 update - saturn v9 and nick's patch. 2 or 2.5 x inflation chosen can't really remember.

I have just started the 2037/38 season. And now had my challenger for 4 season, more of that later.

Apart from 2019/20 where I finished 2nd to Liverpool by three points, I (Manchester United) have won the premier league every year. So 16 consecutive titles so far. I'm using 4141 tapani_iodine (Pressing Alto) tactic downloaded from this site. So not a fantastic achievement by any stretch its really all someone else's work.

I've also won 1 Europa League (2019/20), 13 Champions Leagues, 12 European Super Cups, 10 FA Cups, 12 League Cups, 14 Community Shields and 10 World Club Cups.

I've had some great strikers - Luka Reischl (homesick, sold to Villa??), Lionel Messi (Retired), Erling Haaland (Bought and Sold - Real Madrid after 6 years), Kylian Mbappe (3 years - new challenge). At the end of 2032/33 when Kylian Mbappe left I was desperately looking for a striker and I found Daniel Sequeira. I had to pay a huge fee, as mentioned above and paid 96m for him but he immediately repaid that and I am now aiming to get the 100 goal challenge completed.

In season three which had just started in my last updated he had a slightly worse season but still on track. He's now scored 418 goals in 239 games, of which 224 are league goals. His contract end in June 2045 so I have 8 years left but I might look to extend again shortly. We'll see how it goes.

His best performance was 7 against Salford City in a 5th round FA Cup match

I was wondering whose regen he might be, possibly Aguero but it looks like he regenned too late for that as Aguero is currently 49 in the game??
    Last edited by Renitor; 17-09-20 at 04:58 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Renitor View Post
    Interesting he was only MoM in 1/3rd of those games. You must have had some other cracking performances!
    Probably the opposition goalkeeper

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

The welsh wizard!

Of course he had to be a united youth product ... Never in doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Probably the opposition goalkeeper
    Yes, the opposition keepers or defenders did get a lot of awards, and I think that he was at times unfairly judged, with the mom regularly going to a player who had the same match rating. That said, I did have some superb players to support Williams

Code:
    Holloway (MC)    660 games 86 mom 259 goals 241 assists 8.01 avg
    Disley (AMC)     461 games 53 mom 114 goals 193 assists 7.83 avg
    Johnson (FRC)    241 games 30 mom 140 goals  67 assists 7.95 avg
    Price (DMLC)     528 games 37 mom 165 goals 216 assists 7.87 avg
    Andersen (DMC)   600 games 24 mom 105 goals 104 assists 7.74 avg
    Tierney (DLC)    596 games 22 mom  95 goals 149 assists 7.84 avg
    Stevens (AM/FLC) 163 games 19 mom  41 goals  50 assists 8.66 avg
    Ravneng (DR)     731 games 13 mom  82 goals 100 assists 7.70 avg
    My keeper for the last 8 seasons (Coyne) played 448 games, conceded just 129 goals but got just 1 mom award.
    Despite getting regular call ups to squads, not a single Cwmbran Town player got an international cap and Sparky Hughes is still in charge of Wales, so I couldn't stop it happening.

I was wondering whose regen he might be, possibly Aguero but it looks like he regenned too late for that as Aguero is currently 49 in the game??
    You are right, the ages don't quite tie up for Aguero, unless he played on to about 40. Other possibilities could be Gonzalo Higuain, Mauro Iccardi or Rodrigo Palacio (or some nonentity who just happened to have a very high PA)

Edit: My money would be on Icardi. he is 5 years younger than Aguero.
    Last edited by Kingsley; 18-09-20 at 01:58 PM.

At the end of the next season Sequeira has had an absolute blinder ... Another 134 goals (in 58 games) including an 8 in the EFL cup semi-final first leg vs Charlton and another run of 20 goals in four games. Despite missing 7 weeks as a result of two injuries.

That brings his total up to 552 goals in 297 games over 5 seasons.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

Another season passes and Sequeira is as relentless as he has been in previous years.

Another 127 goas added in just 65 games, bringing his total to a staggering 679 goals in 363 games. Of which 363 are league goals.

As an aside Brandon Williams (now 38) played his 1000th game for the club and at the end of the season has played 1020 (562 league games) at an average of 7.76 over 20 seasons.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

Sequeira is an absolute beast

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

I've now extended his contract to 2048 so have him for another 9 years. He'll be 35 then so at the end of his career. I am interested to see what total numbers he'll get to as I think 1000 is pretty much a formality now. (Famous last words)

I have just CM scouted him and hidden stats are:

His consistency, important matches and natural fitness are no doubt crucial. Am a bit worried around loyalty as I suspect that he might get unsettled by a bid for him.

I've now extended his contract to 2048 so have him for another 9 years. He'll be 35 then so at the end of his career. I am interested to see what total numbers he'll get to as I think 1000 is pretty much a formality now. (Famous last words)

I have just CM scouted him and hidden stats are:

His consistency, important matches and natural fitness are no doubt crucial. Am a bit worried around loyalty as I suspect that he might get unsettled by a bid for him.
    What does his support team look like? Are there many assist makers helping out?

Are you still on the iodine variant?

Am a bit worried around loyalty as I suspect that he might get unsettled by a bid for him.
    If you have him on contract until he's 35 then you don't have a problem. He's going nowhere unless you say so.
    Being unhappy doesn't impact on performance (Low Morale is a problem) but it does affect him signing another contract if he's unhappy

Another season done and Sequeira scored another 106 goals in 62 games. Taking him to 785 goals in 425 games

At an average rating of 8.79 over the season that represents his second worse season at the club which is madness. He has taken over (well I let CM decide) as penalty taker for the club and scored 15 out of 15 last season and a total of 47 out of 49 penalties converted.

Last season was his worst for bans and missed 5 games from 2 red cards. His first dismissals for 3 years.

He also missed 3 weeks right at the start of the season with a pulled hamstring.

In terms of back up I thought I would share some of the squad, mostly the midfield but also a couple of defenders who provided assists. Bizarrely one centre back provided 11 assists last year.

Firstly an old hand who is leaving in a few days on a Bosman:

These guys have a few more years left at the club hopefully:

I will get to this to catch up, unfortunately I can't see pics in work and I only seem to have a bit of free time in work.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 1369phil View Post
    What does his support team look like? Are there many assist makers helping out?

Are you still on the iodine variant?
    Yes still using the Iodine variant

Does your entire squad have 20 for influence? And is it just coincidence?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to kaf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kaf View Post
    Does your entire squad have 20 for influence? And is it just coincidence?
    Not something I had previously considered.

Looking at my squad three players don't have influence of 20. Only one of which I would consider to be in my decisions on starters if the whole squad was fit.

But its not something I look for when buying a players its just a coincidence ... I wonder if there is a bias towards high influence when players are regenerated?

Season 2040/41 completed and Sequeira has had a bad year .... for him!

90 goals in 62 games brings his total to 875 goals in 486 games. His average of 8.58 is his lowest for me slightly worse than 2035/36 where he scored only 76 goals. 467 league goals in 257 league games. His best performance of the season being 7 goals in a 9-0 win over Benfica in the first leg of the Champions League Semi-Finals.

He has just won his eighth straight FIFA Men's player of the year award, but only finished third in the Balon D'Or, which is bizarre as he also helped Argentina win the Copa America in which he was the top scorer. Instead the first two places went to two Valencia players (who came second in La Liga).

In the Balon D'Or he has three wins and three third places in the eight years he has been with Manchester United.

Season 2040/41 completed and Sequeira has had a bad year .... for him!

90 goals in 62 games brings his total to 875 goals in 486 games. His average of 8.58 is his lowest for me slightly worse than 2035/36 where he scored only 76 goals. 467 league goals in 257 league games. His best performance of the season being 7 goals in a 9-0 win over Benfica in the first leg of the Champions League Semi-Finals.

He has just won his eighth straight FIFA Men's player of the year award, but only finished third in the Balon D'Or, which is bizarre as he also helped Argentina win the Copa America in which he was the top scorer. Instead the first two places went to two Valencia players (who came second in La Liga).

In the Balon D'Or he has three wins and three third places in the eight years he has been with Manchester United.
    Just a matter of time. In fact, an average year of 125 goats will be enough to get the 1,000th next season (winner in CL final ?)

I don't remember ever having a player win the balon d'or, but then again, I rarely play with the big clubs and it is heavily biased towards players at big clubs rather than those performing best.

No such luck knocked out in the Quarter Finals to Valencia ... first time in 13 years I haven't reached the final.

Keeper did a 5 ...

2041-42 completed and almost there. Another 112 goals in 64 games brings Sequeria to 987 goals in 550 games.

The 73 league goals being a record.

with 13 goals to go it might be on a wet Wednesday away game to Rochdale in the EFL 3rd round or some other uninspiring game.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112