Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 1,000 Goal Challenge

vCash

I'm over my bout of man flu from last week which allowed me to smash them seasons out, I'm hoping to get another season or two done by the end of the week though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    this days everything can happen. Pelé actually play 3 friendly games for Vasco in 1957, scoring 5 gols against Belenenses, Dinamo and Flamengo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bruebous For This Useful Post:

AMC

5. Take it you guys all set your guy to number 1 penalty taker? No point worrying if he misses a few!

vCash
    Yep Problem is I haven’t had many maybe 7 or 8 across the 3 seasons, with Samba missing one or two.

7. Better than someone else scoring them , every goal counts!

vCash
    Could be worth lobbing on FK's!

vCash
    I have set penos, but not free kicks. Hurtado only has 3 for that attribute.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    I am just about to start this challenge.
    I'm not going to step away from my ongoing story which is on my laptop so this save will be played out on my Android phone.
    There's not always the opportunity to get much done though so it may be slow going in periods.

Going to be using the Oct 19 Update so in all honesty, there's only one man, or should I say boy, that you could start with!!

Spoiler!

What he lacks in attributes I hope he will gain as he gets older. What he does have is a good two to three years advantage on most others that will be used. That could be a vital 50-60 games and potentially the same amount of goals.

As for tactic, I am limited as I only have a couple of wibwob ones actually on the phone so I am choosing the ultra unrealistic 'Ultimatum'

No idea how the striker scores in it. If it doesn't go well to start, IodineCF is the other wibwob option I have available to me.

And so we begin.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Blimey he's a young 'un

vCash
    Good idea to have no 1 for penalties. (Annoyingly I took Hurtado off in the 72nd minute to save him for the next game .... DOH !)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wowsers, I know the Brazil schedule is mad so it may have been best that you took Hurtado off especially with 4 goals and the game already done, but I've not subbed Samba once unless injured.

16. Haha they obviously didn't believe in tackling fairly

vCash
    First season (or half season) completed and that was brutal. Vasco played 49 games in just 6 months, often having 3 games in a week. Although you want him playing all the time, it just isn't possible, so after I was forced to drop him due to exhaustion, I tried to make sure that he was ready for the most winable games. Therefore, my boy played 37 and scored 27 - 8 out of 8 from the spot.

Jan Hurtado has his first winners medals, from the Copa do Brazil and the Copa Sudamerica. However despite topping the league table, we lost the Serié A play-off final to Atl. Paranaense, 3-2 on aggregate after leading the first leg 2-0 with 9 minutes to play.

It didn't help that I had to chop and change the tactics to fit the players who were fit, and Hurtado really didn't like having to play as a solo striker. In fact he only ever scored when he was on the right of a front 2 (despite being left footed). That may change as his attributes improve as I would like him to be on his own up front.

He will need to more than double that for next season if we are to remain on target.

For next season I have 5 loans and 2 bosmans to replace as well as an ageing keeper. I have made a start with my first marquee signing …. Wallace Oliviera returning home from Chelsea.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After only managing 14 games before the New Year last season Samba managed 26 this time around, as he only suffered two separate two week injuries. With 23 goals in 26 games he's only 11 goals and 12 games behind his totals last season, and his stats are beginning to fill out a bit more. Hopefully he can bag at least 40 this season, if not that magical number of 50 I was hoping for him to average over 20 seasons to take me to that magical number of 1,000.

free pic hosting sites

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got carried away last night and ended up finishing the season which resulted in a league and UEFA Cup double. For Samba he didn't get the 50 goals I was hoping for but he did enjoy his best season in the Premiership to date with 30 goals, while he added another 10 goals in the knockout competitions to make it 40 on the season. Unfortunately I've found it hard so far to go deep in both domestic cups which has limited the number of games he's played, but hopefully we'll enjoy better luck next season (and not draw Man Utd again!).

Stories Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Blimey he's a young 'un
    Yep. Super young. Karamoko Dembele at Celtic was another option but he'd probably leave Scotland pretty soon.
    Joao Felix or the Dermotron endorsed Fabio Silva of Porto were my other thoughts. Silva may have been best as he's an actual striker as apposed to a forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Take it you guys all set your guy to number 1 penalty taker? No point worrying if he misses a few!
    I forgot to do it and someone else took a penalty in my first game put him on them after that and he scored a penalty in the second game... no more penalties all season!

Stories Mod

vCash
    I remembered.
    I've only had one pen so far and I've just reached January.

vCash
    That's a bit more like it! But this was a dumb idea, he's never going to play enough games to get anywhere near it. Still, I'll play it out and see how many he can get... if I'm first to finish I'll at least be top of the leaderboard briefly

He's only got two years to run on his current contract and he wants a £325,000 release clause in a new contract. I'm encouraged by the Australia squad featuring no domestic players, so hopefully he'll never have enough caps to bring European sides into play (although he has jsut made his debut for the U21s...), but that clause is way too low - Australian sides could nip in for him. Mid-season negotiations coincided with a dip in form - don't know if constantly rejecting stupid contract offers actually affects a player but I'm superstitious enough to postpone negotiation until the summer ha.

Anyway, averaging 18 goals a season, so we're down to only having to play 55.5 seasons!

26. Could you guys change club if offered a better job then take your player with you?

vCash
    Decided to give this a crack. Just signed Alexandros Papadopoulos for Celtic, and he scored a hat-trick on his debut against Rangers. So already a club legend, let's see what he can do over a career. I'm going to aim to bring in a bunch of SuperGreeks to keep him company too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Decided to give this a crack. Just signed Alexandros Papadopoulos for Celtic, and he scored a hat-trick on his debut against Rangers. So already a club legend, let's see what he can do over a career. I'm going to aim to bring in a bunch of SuperGreeks to keep him company too!
    Celtic ! Hope you fail miserably

Supergreeks are a good shout

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Could you guys change club if offered a better job then take your player with you?
    I think for the easiness of tracking it's best if you and the player stay at the same club, saves worrying about goals the player scores between you leaving the club and resigning him at your next club.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Celtic ! Hope you fail miserably

Supergreeks are a good shout
    Was going to say right player wrong club

Stories Mod

vCash
    Season 1

A decent enough first season.
    He was on fire in Europe and at one point had 12 goals in 9 Euro games.
    Dortmund surrendered a two goal semi final first leg advantage to lose 5-1 in the second leg to miss out on the final.

He went on a few barren runs often going 3 or 4 games without scoring but then getting a brace or hat trick.

Will need to improve drastically if he is to get near 1000 goals.

If I'm honest, it's as much of a challenge getting to 1000 games so we'll see how we go on both.

Bundesliga: Winners
    DFB-Pokal: Runner Up
    DFL-Super Cup: Winners
    Champions League: Semi Final

League Goals: 18
    Cup Goals: 6
    European Goals: 15

Total Goals: 39
    Games: 55

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Decent start mate and already filling out nicely.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast