Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The 1,000 Goal Challenge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Brilliant work to do it so quickly. Rooney was just on fire from the start ?
    How old is he ? Any idea how many he could get ?
    the first three seasons is kind of slow.
    I think the tactic and player compositions plays major role in Rooney achievement. I use 262MMJ with a bit of experimental changes on my own.
    Im making a tridente of him, Samba, and Nistelrooy.
    The trio scores load of goals with Nistelrooy leading them in the first three seasons, maybe because he is more developed as a player.
    After Rooney is developed, well, he scores loads of goals.
    I'm trying to make Samba my main target man now, but he is seriously affected by injuries, lets see how well he can go in my current game

this is him at 26 years
    Last edited by p3ndo3l; 22-02-20 at 01:04 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to p3ndo3l For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    A season in a few days, much to the Wife's disgust.

"Are we going out?"

"In a mo love, just got to get Tsigalko to the end of his first season."

"Who?"

"..."

"Oh that old game you play."

One season done. No idea about the youth team goals I bought him from as I've never seen that before. Still...a bonus!!

He missed a few games, including the first leg of the European Cup semi final, which we lost, 3-0, to Man United. But not a bad effort for a 18/19 year old.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by p3ndo3l View Post
    ROONEY DONE THIS CHALLENGE in 711 matches.
    1,406 goals per match

Outstanding stuff mate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post

"Are we going out?"

"Who?"

"..."

One season done. No idea about the youth team goals I bought him from as I've never seen that before. Still...a bonus!!

He missed a few games, including the first leg of the European Cup semi final, which we lost, 3-0, to Man United. But not a bad effort for a 18/19 year old.

Good work mate, it’s a 1,000 goals while playing for you though so them other goals don’t count towards the total.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 6 completed, and we are over half way there. This is the first time I recall ever having a player hit 100 goals in a season.
    A fifth successive domestic treble, including a first undefeated league seaosn, CL quarters, and won the World Club Cup and Intercontinental Cup.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash

"Are we going out?"

"Who?"

"..."

Playing for Ajax, just banged in 79 goals in a season - not picked for Byelorussia, they must have an incredible strike force

vCash
    Disappointing season, not that it matters!

vCash

"Are we going out?"

"Who?"

"..."

That old game you play
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Season 6 completed, and we are over half way there. This is the first time I recall ever having a player hit 100 goals in a season.
    A fifth successive domestic treble, including a first undefeated league seaosn, CL quarters, and won the World Club Cup and Intercontinental Cup.

I think papadopoulos will give better result than my Rooney. He rocks right from the start.

=====================

12th season
    I try switching Rooney and Samba position upfront to see if the position affect the goalscoring result. Nope, Rooney is far more lethal than Samba.
    Next season I will try selling Rooney and make Samba my main goalscorer

Spoiler!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to p3ndo3l For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Finally got around to finishing my first season with Atletico for this challenge. It's going to be tight, that's for sure.
    It did not go spectacularly well, as I got kicked out of the cup rather early, losing to the eventual winners and champions Real Madrid.
    The league went swimmingly, but that was to be expected. We went 35-6-1, with 113 goals scored and 26 conceded.
    The man himself, El Niño, did pretty well in his first season as first team striker, scoring more than 1 on 1.
    Two injuries cost him maybe 4 or 5 games, but 44 goals in 41 games with an average of 8.34 is of course quite good.

I decided to run a slightly modified Fibonacci NWW tactic (see GFRay's tactic thread for more info).
    All I changed was SC on Hold Up Ball: NO and Passing: Short, so he'll stay on short when I change the team passing.
    Note: the hold up ball thing I only changed halfway through the season. It seemed to help Torres score more.

Here's the team as of June 2002 (we lost a few guys along the way and I bought replacements):
    NOTE: I run a heavily modded .60 ODB, so many players might look like bad choices. Torres is untouched, though, if I recall correctly.

And the kid himself:

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well, the second season was a doozy!

Won the league, won the cup and won the European Champions League Cup thingy with a golden goal from...yup you've guess it...me old mate Tsigalko. Who did absolutely nothing in the game until that point. Good job I put him on penalties!

Oh, using DWS v2 which seems to help him. Also bought a few of the assist kings in the game, Scott Huckerby, Ryan Williams, Mr Farnerud etc etc.

Trying to buy Selakovic from Heerenvenn but he seems resistant to my charms.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Holy Moly trunks!!
    That's some scoring rate!

vCash
    Best season yet for Papa, helped by a stronger midfield. Brought in Gerrard, Moroni, Pirlo and Ronaldinho to help the cause, along with Doukas, Kourtouglu and Petrov there are a lot of assists in that midfield. With Shaun Maloney released at the end of his contract this summer Petrov is now the only player that has been at the club since the start.
    A full house of trophies for the second time in three seasons, and in seven seasons I am undefeated at home in 149 domestic matches.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Holy Moly trunks!!
    That's some scoring rate!
    That's mainly the league, he got 7 hattricks in a row mid season. there's a lot of dross in the dutch leagues.

21. Anastasios Skalidis; I used the editor to lower his Injury Proneness rating and give him a Future Transfer to Man Utd, his best season was 05/06 and he never bested that although he came close in 11/12 with 181 in 75 for a rating of 9.60. After that he slowly declined into retirement.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fitton For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Is everyone diddling with their players?

vCash
    The big downside to the OG Skalidis is his 20 injury prone rating. I can imagine you'd want to take that away. But that takes away from the challenge.

Papadopoulos is probably the best player of the ODB 3.9.68 because of that.
    In 3.9.60 DB it's a bit different, Tsigalko is quite a random player, he is always good, but he isn't always great, if you get what i mean. Same with Tó Madeira or Joao Paiva.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben_ View Post
    The big downside to the OG Skalidis is his 20 injury prone rating. I can imagine you'd want to take that away. But that takes away from the challenge.

Papadopoulos is probably the best player of the ODB 3.9.68 because of that.
    In 3.9.60 DB it's a bit different, Tsigalko is quite a random player, he is always good, but he isn't always great, if you get what i mean. Same with Tó Madeira or Joao Paiva.
    Yeah, often Tsigalko hasn't actually been all that great for me.
    These freak players tend to have a few random things that can hinder them a lot.

@Trunky: I'm doing a stock Torres run (I think, my DB is heavily modded but Torres should be standard) with no WibWob.
    I'm almost done with season 2 and if we go on like this Torres won't make it to 1000, but I still have hope.
    I'm at Atletico, and the first two seasons I don't get any European games, which holds Torres back a lot.
    Update to follow soon.

26. That screenshot was taken years ago. At the time I just wanted to see what he could do unhindered by injuries.

I saw this thread and thought I'd share with you all.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitton For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitton View Post
    Anastasios Skalidis; I used the editor to lower his Injury Proneness rating and give him a Future Transfer to Man Utd, his best season was 05/06 and he never bested that although he came close in 11/12 with 181 in 75 for a rating of 9.60. After that he slowly declined into retirement.

this is so awesomeeeeee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Yeah, often Tsigalko hasn't actually been all that great for me.
    These freak players tend to have a few random things that can hinder them a lot.

@Trunky: I'm doing a stock Torres run (I think, my DB is heavily modded but Torres should be standard) with no WibWob.
    I'm almost done with season 2 and if we go on like this Torres won't make it to 1000, but I still have hope.
    I'm at Atletico, and the first two seasons I don't get any European games, which holds Torres back a lot.
    Update to follow soon.
    I thought that editing anything would take away the challenge. Good luck with Torres he always does well in my saves.

As far as Rooney goes...he's good but not 100 plus goals a season unedited. Unless I'm wrong. I usually am.

vCash
    Hello, what tactic did you use?

vCash
    I thought that editing anything would take away the challenge. Good luck with Torres he always does well in my saves.

As far as Rooney goes...he's good but not 100 plus goals a season unedited. Unless I'm wrong. I usually am.
    Editing can take away a bit of the challenge as you have more knowledge.
    But I felt having actual good players be good and crap players be crap added a lot to my fun with the game.

I think Torres can be 100+ goals per season good, and so can Rooney, but I don't think I can get there without WibWob.
    Might ask for some non-WW tactics advice later on though.
    Perhaps I was just wrong to use a version of GFRay's Fibonacci, no matter how good it works overall.
    I might just need something that supports the striker even better.

EDIT:
    Anyway, just completed my second season, and things didn't end well. Started well though.
    We won La Liga and reached the final of the cup where we lost to a Barcelona that otherwise achieved nothing.
    Right up until April we had lost only one game, but from there the whole team started to stutter and we lost four more.
    Thankfully we had a massive lead in the competition, or we would have missed out there as well.
    Perhaps selling both Nuno Valente and Taribo West in the winter was a bad idea, despite finding decent replacements.

Torres was okay, but he struggled a little on the higher level. I will be signing better support for him in the summer.

My team on June '03:

And El Niño himself:

Last edited by Asthereal; 27-02-20 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    you have link ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nike View Post
    you have link ?
    The tactic I play is GFRay's "Fibonacci". You'll find a link in his tactics thread. Or just search the forum for Fibonacci.
    I did change a few things:
    - The MCs are now all on "Through Balls: YES".
    - The SC is now on "Hold Up Ball: NO".
    - The SC is now on "Passing: Short".

That last one changes nothing in stock config, as the team is on Passing: Short.
    But I change passing around during the game when stuff doesn't work as planned, but SC must always pass short, so yeah. This saves time.

But honestly, I would probably advise playing GFRay's tactic as is, since my "improvements" might only have made it worse.
    GFRay knows his sh!t.

Slight update since last post:
    Hyypiä (DC), Léo (DL), Giannichedda (DMC), Váleron (AMRC) and Sneijder (AMLRC) have signed for Atlético during the summer. Things are looking up!

vCash
    thanks

vCash
    how do you guys sign skalidis and papadopoulos?
    even tobros and andrielos wont sign for me.
    I tried buying them using Real Madrid. The club accepted, but the player wont make the transfer.
    using 3.9.68 btw

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast