Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The 1,000 Goal Challenge

vCash
    Great work on capturing it during the game mate, I'm guessing you had the commentary on very slow in anticipation of it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Great work on capturing it during the game mate, I'm guessing you had the commentary on very slow in anticipation of it?
    My thoughts exactly. I would probably forget to do that and whizz past it at max speed.

Anyway, congrats man! Well done.

vCash
    Just on medium, or normal, or whatever the middle option is.
    And he did it a coouple of weeks before his 29th birthday. I guess he has another 5 years in him at this level, so could probably get to around 1,400, but I don't think I will continue the game beyond the current season.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Don't blame you, first on the board though

vCash
    I started new game with Arsenal.
    I sold Henry and bring Samba.

So far, so good - 45 games - 34 goals.
    I'm positive he will reach 1000 goals.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lud For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another best season yet. Just finished my 9th, and Torres produced 81 goals in 65 games.
    And we're past the midpoint. If Torres can keep this up, he'll make it.
    But that's not really the question, is it? It's whether I can keep it up.

Prizes for the year: La Liga, Spanish Cup, Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup, Intercontinental Cup. Could be worse.

Lots of mutations in the squad for next year:
    In: AM/FR talent from Italy (regen), Xavi, another DMLC talented regen from Ajax, and I'll push an AMC and a GK from my reserves to main.
    Out: Gattuso (old), Olivera (old), Esteban (old), Simao (didn't play as well as I'd hoped), Tuncay (did well, but he's not professional enough).

lud, good luck to you as well. Keep us posted of your progression.

The man, the myth, the legend, the 5 time in a row winner of World Footballer of the Year: Fernando Torres:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Another season down and for Millwall it was another successful one winning the domestic treble as well as the European Super Cup and Intercontinental Cup, although we lost the CL final to Roma 2-0 and the Community Shield on pens to Man Utd after they equalised in the 87th minute.

For Samba it was his best season since we made the Premiership but his 45 goals still isn't good enough, and his stats have barely improved the last season (just a few areas increasing by one). With this in mind I've decided to give up with this save and try again, taking a leaf out of Alan's book and managing in Scotland, while I'll also try another player rather than Samba, I thought his stats would be a lot better than they are unless I've just got a bad save for him.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I thought I'd try this on the latest update with wonderkid Luka Reischl. 2 seasons completed and now on season 3 with european football to more games we should stand a real good chance. 100 goals already for the 17 year old:

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MR_Punk For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ten seasons down, and we had a tough one this year.
    Not because the team played badly. We won everything. Easily.
    But Torres got FOUR injuries, which made him miss nearly two full months...
    Still, 63 goals in 56 games is a pretty good score.
    He'll probably add another World Footballer of the Year award to his list of trophies.

I've gotten into the business of finding good youngsters that were created by the game.
    I found quite a number of them, and I'll be signing a few in the summer.
    Kinda have to though, most of the known goodies are getting rather old.

The dude himself, when he's not beaten, broken or scarred:

And this is my team as of June 2011:

I have to say I REALLY like this tactic!
    It not only scores well for the SC, but it also just works quite well in general.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Looking good now mate, how old is Torres now?

I've changed my mind on managing in Scotland now (obviously with Rangers) and thinking of something quite mad instead actually.

Will make a start tonight on it hopefully

vCash
    Season 3 done. Some real success this season. Luka won the Champions League at the first time of asking. A demolition in the semi finals of RB Leipzig and a hat trick got him on the map. I relied heavily in season 3 on loans with the likes of Martinelli, Smith Rowe, James, Saliba and Gallagher all returning to their parent clubs at the end of the season.

Still no call up for the national team though. The league title was out of reach but he now has winners medals for:

League Cup
    FA Cup
    Champions League

Last edited by MR_Punk; 30-03-20 at 02:04 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MR_Punk For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Looking good now mate, how old is Torres now?

I've changed my mind on managing in Scotland now (obviously with Rangers) and thinking of something quite mad instead actually.

Will make a start tonight on it hopefully
    Torres should be 27 now, considering he started at 17 and we're 10 seasons in.
    (Typing this from work right now, so I can't check.)

We're doing well now, but we'll still need to average about 70 goals per season to make it.
    Gonna be close!

Looking forward to reading about your mad plan.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    5th season just over with Arsenal.
    4 PL , 2 League Cups , 5 FA Cups , 1 CL +2 RU, 2 charity , 1 international and european cup.

Samba is 257 caps - 228 goals.
    And he missed only one penalty against Roma in 1/2 CL(I naturally lost)
    He's only 20. I don't know, it's gonna be tough. He's beast.
    My team: Frey - Campbell,Okoronkwo - Ze Elias - Kerr,Vieira,Wellens - Ronaldinho,Eto'o,Aghahowa - Samba.
    With good backup.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lud For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lud View Post
    5th season just over with Arsenal.
    4 PL , 2 League Cups , 5 FA Cups , 1 CL +2 RU, 2 charity , 1 international and european cup.

Samba is 257 caps - 228 goals.
    And he missed only one penalty against Roma in 1/2 CL(I naturally lost)
    He's only 20. I don't know, it's gonna be tough. He's beast.
    My team: Frey - Campbell,Okoronkwo - Ze Elias - Kerr,Vieira,Wellens - Ronaldinho,Eto'o,Aghahowa - Samba.
    With good backup.
    Hope you have better luck with him than I did mate, you're 32 goals ahead of where I was with him after 5 seasons but still averaging less than 50 a season which I think is minimum as that'll take him to 35/36 where his stats will drop and retirement maybe a factor.

vCash
    So in order to get a player to score 1,000 goals for a single team it means you're going to need to count on him for a long time, 10 seasons minimum I reckon but more likely 12-15 years if not longer, so a team player who will be happy to stay for a while is an important factor in who you choose for such a task.

Therefore my next attempt at this challenge will be with this happy chap

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So in order to get a player to score 1,000 goals for a single team it means you're going to need to count on him for a long time, 10 seasons minimum I reckon but more likely 12-15 years if not longer, so a team player who will be happy to stay for a while is an important factor in who you choose for such a task.

Therefore my next attempt at this challenge will be with this happy chap

That's not a challenge. That's self-mutilation.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Seasons 4 and 5 in the can. 3 Champions League titles in a row- we've never not won the competition. Finally in season 4 we got out hands on the league title. Season 5 was fruitful with the aforementioned Champions League but the league was a real struggle and we only secured 4th on the last day of the season.

For Reischl he followed his best season (4th) with his worst (5th). For some reason he wasn't scoring as much as in previous seasons. To add to the 2 significant injuries cost him nearly half of the season too. He also got a 3 month injury in the Champions League final so it is a race to get fit for next season. He has been unhappy most of the season also as he thinks we should be topping the table - I agree! The incoming Mbappe who I bought to play on the right was a good replacement up top for the games he missed scoring more than 60 goals, annoying more than Reischl has ever scored. Still 229 goals at 20 is a good start. He finally got his first game for Austria and got himself a hatrick.

vCash
    Not a season you want in terms of goals from him, at least the 3 month injury came at the end of the season and not halfway through the next.

vCash
    First season not over for PSG just yet but after picking up an injury ruling him out for a month it is for Anelka, as he misses our final 5 games sadly. Still a decent season, and some more strengthening of the squad in the seasons to come should hopefully see him kick on again, although he does want out already as despite me praising him every time I think he just hates PSG as he's always been ok when I've had him elsewhere as long as you praise him and always play him.

EDIT: Clean sweep of trophies, league won on 13th Feb, Europa League won after beating Chelsea 3-0 in the final.
    Last edited by AMC; 31-03-20 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    Can you believe that game just stopped working.
    After 5 years in full playing mode, it seemd that this particular save won't work anymore. What to do? It stuck on 15.09.2006 and it won't move. Whatever I click cm0102.exe has stopped working just shows up. Other saves works perfectly. It's 3.9.60 patch. What should I do?

vCash
    Season 11 is done, and we've had another best season yet.
    We lost the Champions League final to Internazionale, but we won the rest.
    Our great season peaked just a tiny three months too early.

Torres broke a record I though would be untouchable.
    He went to score an insane 56 goals in a single season in La Liga.
    He is now on 629 games played, 672 goals scored.
    The recent seasons for him look as follows:

I'm starting to become confident we might actually make it.
    We are now in total just 15.5 goals behind schedule.
    Torres could make that up in just one season, if he stays fit.
    The team's also strong enough to support him on his quest.

Oh, in other news: Our stadium now has a retractable roof and more seats than Bernabeu.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post:

vCash

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tembo_86 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tembo_86 View Post
    Well done, sir!

I applaud you, even though your font looks horrid.

vCash
    Seasons 6 and 7 are complete and a pretty good couple of seasons for Luka. He's now got 3 goals ahead of my 50 goal a season target and at 22 having over 350 goals scored is a great start. Another 650 to go though - wow. He's just about to go to his first World Cup competition so hopefully he does well there too.

From a club perspective things are going from better to better. Somehow won the Champions League 5 times running, we still have never lost the competition since first entering it. Wolves are constant challenges in the league and the past 2 out of the past 3 seasons we've had to play them on the last game to win to the league. The trophy cabinet is getting rather full:

Another thing I've noticed his Influence increasing, I thought that attribute remained the same. I've learnt something new.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to MR_Punk For This Useful Post:

AMC

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678