vCash
    Some good results there, including a fantastic win over Hertha

You couldn't ask for more!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

3. Amazing result v Hertha, cruising to safety now

4. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What a month!

Sure having a mixed season and some bad luck this month and good fortune this month

That's why I dint think you can get too up or down month on month

Hertha win

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great come from behind win against Hertha.
    Sitting nicely and well clear of any relegation worries.
    Scoring goals looks to be your problem, 4th worst in the league
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for the comments chaps.

A few more stats here. We've played 7 home games using the flat 352. We've won 2, drawn 3, and lost 2. The other 4 games at home, I've used the 352 Attacking, and we've won all 4.

The 352 Attacking hasn't worked so well away from home. We've lost both of our games and conceded 4 goals in each. I've used the 352 Defensive 3 times, and we've drawn all three. We've used the flat 352 on 4 occasions, winning 2, and losing 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Thanks for the comments chaps.

A few more stats here. We've played 7 home games using the flat 352. We've won 2, drawn 3, and lost 2. The other 4 games at home, I've used the 352 Attacking, and we've won all 4.

The 352 Attacking hasn't worked so well away from home. We've lost both of our games and conceded 4 goals in each. I've used the 352 Defensive 3 times, and we've drawn all three. We've used the flat 352 on 4 occasions, winning 2, and losing 2.
    That's probably too few data to draw any serious conclusions.

vCash
    I would have just said play 352 attacking at home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    That's probably too few data to draw any serious conclusions.
    Away from home certainly, but I think the results so far using 352 Attacking has given me plenty of reason to feel optimistic.

vCash

January 2022

Just the one game in January, and we were brought back down to earth with a thumping at Karlsruhe. Mesenholer had one of his cabbage performances. He was at fault for the first and third goals, and gave away the penalty for the second goal. Szymon Maszota landed a left hook on one of the opponents after 19 minutes and received a straight red, then Yannick Braem gave away the penalty for their fourth goal. Tyreik Wright got his first goal for the club in the second half, assisted by Alvise Peron.

League Table

Paderborn's defeat means that we at least remain 8 points clear of the relegation zone, now that we've slipped back into the bottom half of the table.

Transfer News

I managed to offload one of the players that I inherited, on a free transfer to a club called Homburg. Creating this space in the squad allowed me to address the issue of our lack of goals, by signing someone who will hopefully make up for the loss of Tidian M'Baye, who is out until the summer.

He's not going to get many headed goals, and his Dribbling and Off the Ball attributes are no better than the players that I already have, but hopefully those attributes will develop over the next couple of years. One area where he is streets ahead of the rest is Finishing. With many of our strikers having proved to be wasteful when chances come, I'm hoping that Caceres will prove to be much more clinical. With a modest transfer fee, and reasonable wages as a 'hot prospect for the future' I feel that this is a good bit of business.

Our next game is at home to promotion and title chasing St. Pauli.

vCash

15. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

16. Caceres could score a lot of goals at that level, nice signing

17. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Caceras should get a decent share

Bad result but red card was a killer - a "6 pointer" type of game as well!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

February 2022

Results

A tough month. Luis Rodriguez got on the end of a Kevin Holzweiler corner, to put us into the lead in the 8th minute, but just 19 minutes later, promotion chasing St. Pauli were in front. Yannick Braem got on the end of a Tyreik Wright cross to equalise, but St. Pauli were back in front on the stroke of half time, then wrapped the game up early in the second half. This was one cabbage performance too many from Daniel Mesenholer, who I'm going to leave out for a while. We had twice as many chances as the opposition, so a frustrating defeat.

I then lined up with the flat 352 at Dynamo Dresden. We were under the cosh early on, and had Xaysavath Souvanhansok to thank for some great saves to keep us in the game. In the 19th minute, I took off the creative Lorenzo De Marzo for his more defensive minded compatriot Leonardo Mustaccia, and switched to the defensive 352 formation. Mustaccia won 9 tackles and was Man of the Match as we contained Dresden to earn a valuable point.

I hoped to pick up all 3 points against mid table Greuther Furth, but we were 0-2 down after 27 minutes, with Souvanhansok unable to replicate his previous performance. After 61 minutes, I made a double substitution, bringing on Alain Miyogo and Alvise Peron. Michal Sobolewski who was playing behind the front two, switched positions with Marinus Due Grandt on the right wing. In the 71st minute Miyogo sent a ball into the box for Yannick Braem to head us back into the game, then 8 minutes later Sobolewski crossed the ball into the far post, for Alvise Peron to head in an equaliser that we barely deserved, given how poor we was in the first 60 minutes.

A miserable month was confirmed with a 0-2 defeat at home to promotion chasing Sandhausen, in what was an even, scrappy game, with just a handful of chances for both sides.

League Table

[url=https://postimages.org/]

Just 4 points above the relegation zone now, with 3 away games coming up in March. I need to find solutions to get the points we need to keep us out of trouble.

Player Focus

Despite Peron's relatively low Off the Ball and Finishing attributes, he has a decent return of goals and assists in the small amount of games that he has played.

Our next game is a trip to 9th placed Halle, who we beat 1-0 earlier in the season.

vCash
    Well - 3 teams higher than you there

Important you didn't lose v Greuther

Goals scored is a MAJOR issue - 2nd lowest scorers

Just need to pick up points as and when they come!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Goals needed! The points will then follow automatically. Change to one striker? Or three?
    Last edited by samsami; 26-03-20 at 03:10 PM.

24. Amazing how many Peron has scored with that low finishing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Amazing how many Peron has scored with that low finishing!
    It won't last. Although his heading is not quite that low and his jumping is high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Goals needed! The points will then follow automatically. Change to one striker? Or three?
    I've restricted myself to the pre loaded formations. If I went with 433 or 343 with the diagonal runs from the AMR/AML roles, would I have to have a FRC or FLC in those positions, or could I get away with AMR/AML, AMRC/AMLC, or even an FC or an out and out striker?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    I've restricted myself to the pre loaded formations. If I went with 433 or 343 with the diagonal runs from the AMR/AML roles, would I have to have a FRC or FLC in those positions, or could I get away with AMR/AML, AMRC/AMLC, or even an FC or an out and out striker?
    They might all do fine (or not)

Seriously, though, it depends to some extent on their versatility.

vCash
    Left this longer than I should to read so I'll catch up in stages

vCash
    Some restrictions on yourself, and so with that in mind a raft of signings for the season ahead with a few out the door raising some cash too, while the backroom staff has also been considerably bolstered. Hopefully you can move on some more deadwood and lower that wage bill down, and hopefully in time start saving some cash to improve the training facilities.

To matters on the pitch than and a very nice start with just the one defeat from your opening 4 league games, with three wins seeing you 2nd in the table although obviously at a very early stage. Can't say them players look too much but they're doing the job so far so long may it continue!

Hard luck in the cup, that was a nightmare of a draw, but you kept it respectable against Leipzig which is a plus.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash

March 2022

Results

The winless run stretches to 8 games. Halle were the better side in our first game of the month. Yannick Braem got on the end of a Tyreik Wright corner to get us a consolation goal.

Next up was a tough trip to promotion/title contenders Hannover 96. I decided that I had nothing to lose in trying something different to what we've been doing all season, so switched to the 4132 formation. We took a deserved lead in the 39th minute when Lazar Samardzic crashed home a loose ball outside the box. We had chances to go further ahead, but our wastefulness in front of goal was punished when the home side equalised in the 78th minute. In a game where we had 12 shots to their 6, I was disappointed not to come away with 3 points, though I'd have certainly took a point before the game.

This gave me encouragement going into the Heidenheim game, with the home side in the relegation zone. However, we were poor in so many ways, and suffered a damaging 0-3 defeat.

League Table

Just 3 points above the relegation zone. I've put too much faith in some of these players. Some of them aren't ready for this level of football, and may never be. I'll make changes for our home game against fellow strugglers Kaiserslauten. Five of our last six games are against teams in the bottom half of the table. We have an opportunity to survive, and it's in our hands.

Player Focus

I've waited a while before unleashing Leonardo Mustaccia. He's had a good impact individually, winning no less than 28 tackles across the 3 games in his role as DMC, including 12 against Hannover 96.

Hopefully I'll have better news at the end of April.

32. Jesus I did not see this coming but could be in a relegation battle now! I still think there are a lot of teams below you and should stay up but canít afford another month like last one this month

vCash
    Helluva perfoamnce v Hannover and looks like you deserved the 3 points

But that's an awful result and what sounds like performance v Heidenhaim

Goal difference could be key here where you dont look too bad

HUGE games now from those around you - couple of wins from them and you should be fine

Suprised Kaiser are down there and seems a mahoosive 6 pointer type game next!

vCash

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast