Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Hennes Weisweiler

vCash
    A very mixed month for September, but no one threatening to pull away at the top just yet, but a couple of big losses in there which is very concerning, hopefully you can go on a run in October and get back up to top spot.

October comes and goes and unfortunately the inconsistency continues, even with you having the best of a couple of games you lost you're conceding far too many at more than one a game, and already Cottbus are pulling away and it maybe the second promotion spot you're looking at, but even that will be a massive ask unless you find some consistency.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    The match against Hannover shows that there's potential.

What's the average age of your first XI?
    21. So still very young, meaning that consistency is a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    21. So still very young, meaning that consistency is a problem.
    Makes sense. Every year will be better

ps) Is PostImage down?

vCash

April 2022

Results

So we started off with a relegation six pointer against Kaiserslauten. I made 7 changes to the starting line up, and used the 352 Attacking formation that has worked well for us this season. We were straight out of the blocks, and the opposition could only weather the storm until the 33rd minute when Luis Rodriguez got on the end of a Tyreik Wright corner to head us in front. Five minutes later, a good run down the right wing from Michal Sobolewski resulted in a cross into the box, which Rodriguez headed home to double our lead. On the stroke of half time, another run down the right from Sobolewski resulted in a cut back to Piero Caceres to score his first goal for the club. Kaiserslauten pulled one back in the 62nd minute, but 10 minutes later, the opposition keeper parried a Rodriguez shot into the path of Lorenzo De Marzo, who restored our 3 goal advantage. In the 76th minute, substitute Marinus Due Grandt made a good run down the right, and was upended in the box to win us a penalty. Luis Rodriguez was on a hat-trick, so I let him take it, and he made no mistake, to complete the scoring. Imagine my joy and relief that our 8 match winless run had come to an end in such emphatic style.

We then had a tough trip to promotion/title contenders Hamburg. I gave the 4132 formation another go, but keeper Xaysavath Souvanhansok was sent off in the 11th minute for a professional foul. Hamburg scored from the resulting penalty, then doubled their lead in the 33rd minute. They themselves went down to 10 men in the 55th minute, but they are a good side at this level, and were always in control.

I reverted to the 352 Attacking formation for the relegation six pointer against managerless Paderborn. Like the Kaiserslauten game, we set about the opposition early on, but they could only keep us at bay until the 39th minute. Michal Sobolewski made a run down the right, cut the ball back for Piero Caceres, whose shot was parried until the path of attacking midfielder Alain Miyogo, who scored his first goal of the season. A Paderborn defender deflected a Sobolewski shot into the back of the net to double our lead, then Sobolewski cut the ball back for Leonardo Mustaccia to make sure of the 3 points with his first goal for the club. Paderborn managed a consolation goal in injury time.

Our final game of the month was a trip to relegation threatened Bielefeld. I went with the flat 352 formation, withdrawing Alain Miyogo into a deeper role. In the 45th minute, Sobolewski put a ball into the box following a good run, the Bielefeld defence struggled to deal with it, and a loose ball fell to Caceres to open the scoring. Moments later, Tyreik Wright made a good run down the left hand side, and cut the ball back for Leonardo Mustaccia to make it double our lead. Early in the second half, Alain Miyogo provided a flick on from a Tyreik Wright corner, and Mustaccia was on hand to score his second goal of the game. Bielefeld managed to pull one back in the 61st minute, but we were in control of the game, and the win ensured that Viktoria Koln will remain in the 2. Bundesliga.

League Table

I'm pleased that we're back in the top half of the table. I don't mind what position we finish in though. It'll be anywhere between 8th and 13th. I'll rest the players that have done well this month, and try out different players and formations for the final 2 games to see what viable alternatives I've got for next season.

Player Focus

3 games, 3 assists in April. Michal has been dangerous down that right hand side, and has played a massive part in helping us to the three wins. One of my scouts found him, as he didn't show up on CM Scout due to his Aggression being lower than 8, which is what I set it at, due to Hennes Weisweiler's teams being known for their aggressive brand of football. I'm glad that I made an exception for this guy.

I'll update after the June update, and let you know our final league position, financial performance, a summary of this season, and my aspirations for next season and beyond.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

7. Phew no relegation worries in the end... you can breath now and get ready to come back fighting next year...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Massive month there

Does prize money make a difference position wise in this league?

Players really stepped up there when needed! Goals everywhere!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

12. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Massive month there

Does prize money make a difference position wise in this league?

Players really stepped up there when needed! Goals everywhere!
    I'm not sure about prize money. If there is, it'll obviously be better for me to try and finish as high as possible.

vCash

Thought I'd share this before my next update

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

vCash

Summary of the Season

Final League Table

I put out teams of fringe players for the final two games of the season. Both ended in defeat, meaning that we finish in 12th place.

Given that we are the smallest club in the division, have the lowest wage bill, and the youngest squad, I think that 12th place is a satisfactory position to finish in. That doesn't mean that I think that I've been brilliant. I persevered with certain players and formations for too long, not introducing Leonardo Mustaccia into the first team until three quarters of the way through the season is questionable, along with waiting until April to give Piero Caceres his first start. In the three years that I've been in charge though, I'm happy with the progress that we've made.

We've been decent defensively this season, and whilst Afonso Whitaker isn't necessarily our best defender, he's been the most consistent at this club, and in my opinion, the league as well.

The fans don't agree though, and Alain Miyogo gets their award, despite only showing glimpses of what he is capable of.

Finances

The training facilities have been upgraded to 'Good'. This cost 3.6M, so the prize money pretty much covers that. This will hopefully help to improve the players attributes further.

As you can see, we made a profit of almost 8.3M, TV money amounted to roughly a third of our income, and we spend almost 40% of that income on wages, bonuses, and signing on fees. This is an area that I'm particularly pleased with.

Next Season and Beyond

I'd like to see a significant improvement in our league position and points total. At this stage, I don't feel that there's a massive need to overhaul the squad. In the first twelve months at this club, I planted many seeds, and I'd like to see them come to fruition. I'm hopeful that natural progression will improve consistency, improved training facilities will increase attributes, and my own knowledge of what works for this squad, and who I can rely on will help us to achieve better results.

I have released a couple of players though, and I have another three players on the transfer list. There may be a small amount of new arrivals, but like I say, I won't be overhauling the squad. The fringe players will have the next 6-12 months to try to force their way into my plans. If they're unable to do this, I'll extensively cut the squad, and look at recruiting the next batch of players under the age of 20 to help us to win promotion, and then hopefully thrive in the Bundesliga.

My next update will probably be on the eve of the new season.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Screenie of Miyago stats please (and att's)

A good finish

Maybe could have had more money if collated more points in last 2 games

Good news on facilities - cost a good wedge though

Board happy?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A decent enough season. And with the training facilities upgraded there is only one way and that's forward. Steady progress and you'll get there in the end.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

22. The more those training facilities improve the better youngsters you may get through

Not sure whether it helps or not but having an assistant with high working with youngsters may help with better youth but thats just a rumour

23. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Screenie of Miyago stats please (and att's)

A good finish

Maybe could have had more money if collated more points in last 2 games

Good news on facilities - cost a good wedge though

Board happy?

Miyogo was excellent in our promotion season, but struggled to adapt to the step up in level. His last two games were encouraging though.

If we'd have won those last two games, we'd have finished 8th. I was hopeful that the fringe players would show what they were capable of, but discovering that they struggled made it easier to release a couple of them, and list another.

The board were 'Delighted' with me, but since the update that's gone down to 'Very Pleased'

They expect the same as last season. 'Battle bravely against relegation'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    The more those training facilities improve the better youngsters you may get through

Not sure whether it helps or not but having an assistant with high working with youngsters may help with better youth but thats just a rumour

This guy will have completed 3 years service in 10 days time.

When I've appointed back room staff, I've made the 'Working With Youngsters' attribute the one that I filter staff by.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

vCash

July 2022

Transfer News

Just the two new arrivals. As you can see, Tomas Rodriguez didn't cost too much, but he is one of the higher earners. He won't walk straight into the first team, but hopefully his Positioning attribute will improve soon enough, and he won't have to wait long before he gets his chance. Ultimately, I feel that he's a player that can develop into someone who can get this club promoted, and adapt to the Bundesliga.

Benjamin Huber has come from RB Leipzig. They've been good for lending us players in this save. I see him as someone who could come in on the right, as an alternative to Michal Sobolewski, who at 20 years old, can't be expected to start all 34 league games, and be effective.

First Game

We host our old foes Dynamo Dresden, who came up with us from the 3. Liga North. They finished 6th last season. Their manager was rewarded with the 1. FC Koln job in the Bundesliga, so hopefully his successor, who arrived from mid table 3. Liga North side Meppen, won't get off to a good start with them.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

vCash

Player List (age on 1st July 2022)

Below is a list of players that I've listed in order of preference. There are 45 players there, along with 5 on the transfer list, who aren't included as they are surplus to requirements. I expect to list several more over the next 6-12 months, as the squad is obviously way too big.

We have the second lowest wage bill in the division, and at 21, by far the youngest average age of any of the other squads.

Keepers

Mesenholer 26
    Souvanhansok 22
    Kersken 21
    Avogadri 20

Right Backs

Berisha 21
    Raiola 22
    Piszczek 22

Left Backs

Jurisic 20

Centre Backs

Nishio 21
    Ruberto 22
    Whitaker 22
    Hanna 21
    Singh 22
    Ntube 21
    T. Rodriguez 18
    Schulze Solano 22

Defensive Midfielders

Mustaccia 19
    Holscher 22

Central Midfielders

De Marzo 20
    Maszota 20
    Zinkondo 22
    Zawistowski 21

Attacking Midfielders

Miyogo 21
    Jelassi 19
    Samardzic 20
    Brazao 19

Right Midfielders

Sobolewski 20
    Huber 18
    Due Grandt 22
    Marra 22
    Muller 21

Left Midfielders

Wright 20
    Correnti 21
    Weik 22
    Gottschick 20

Forwards/Strikers

Caceres 20
    L. Rodriguez 20
    M'Baye 21
    Peron 22
    Nsona Wa Saka 20
    Metafonti 21
    Mendy 22
    Sadler 21
    Doyle 22
    Dworakowski 19
    Braem 21

Wage Bill

Squad 6,998,000
    Staff 579,000
    Last edited by Libertine; 31-03-20 at 02:26 AM.

vCash
    November didn't start so well with two defeats but you finished it strong with a couple of wins, and teams above you seem to have stuttered as well and you aren't too far behind, if you carry on like you ended the month then promotion/the title could well be on the cards, it certainly looks like the new keeper has helped things too.

December and January then with a massive break in between, Cottbus away was always going to be a tough game and so it proved as you lost 3-1, and then a bitter pill to swallow conceding that late equaliser against Chemnitz, before a return to winning ways after the break.

Some good money brought in with them sales, and some more strengthening with the permanent and loan deals, I like the look of Whitaker who you've managed to sign permanently while the two on loan from Leipzig look a class above the players you have currently and should push you on further.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post

Miyogo was excellent in our promotion season, but struggled to adapt to the step up in level. His last two games were encouraging though.

If we'd have won those last two games, we'd have finished 8th. I was hopeful that the fringe players would show what they were capable of, but discovering that they struggled made it easier to release a couple of them, and list another.

The board were 'Delighted' with me, but since the update that's gone down to 'Very Pleased'

They expect the same as last season. 'Battle bravely against relegation'
    How the feck did he get player of season with those stats?!

vCash
    Tomas looks very good - no work permit needed?!

Huber looks a cracking all rounder!

vCash
    How the feck did he get player of season with those stats?!
    That's what I was wondering!

- - - Updated - - -

Tomas looks very good - no work permit needed?!

Huber looks a cracking all rounder!
    There doesn't seem to be any restrictions in Germany.

vCash

July/August 2022

Results

A mixed start. In home games we lined up with the 352 Attacking formation, and away from home we used the flat 352.

The first game at home to Dynamo Dresden saw the visitors go down to 10 men after just 11 minutes. After that, they made it difficult for us to create chances, and when we did, we came up against a Man of the Match performance from their keeper.

The next game was what I felt would be a tough trip to recently relegated Union Berlin. Lorenzo De Marzo got on the end of a Tyreik Wright corner to put us in front, after 14 minutes, but the home side got a deserved equaliser in the 39th minute in what was a scrappy game with just a handful of chances for either side.

We then hosted Sandhausen who finished 5th last season. We created very little in the game, and the away side fully deserved the win.

Our final league game of the month was a trip to Paderborn, who were in a relegation battle last season, but had won 2 of their opening 3 games. I dropped my 2 strikers, Luis Rodriguez, and Piero Caceres, and brought in Tidian M'Baye for his first game of the year after his long term injury, and Alvise Peron. The Paderborn keeper saved an M'Baye shot in the 8th minute, but Leonardo Mustaccia was on hand to fire in the rebound. We came out in the second half, and Lorenzo De Marzo sent a ball into the area towards his compatriot Alvise Peron, who was brought down. The ref gave a penalty, and De Marzo doubled our lead in the 47th minute. Three minutes later De Marzo turned provider, assisting Man of the Match Michal Sobolewski for his first goal of the season. Then in the 90th minute Ryuya Nishio sent a free kick into the box, which Tidian M'Baye got on the end of, to complete the scoring in a game where we limited the home side to just two chances.

We then had a cup game at home to newly promoted Jena - the only team in the 2. Bundesliga to have a lower wage bill than our own. Leonardo Mustaccia crossed to the near post for his compatriot Alvise Peron to head us into the lead after 17 minutes. Five minutes later, Alain Miyogo laid the ball off to Mustaccia, whose shot was parried into the path of Lorenzo De Marzo to double our lead. The game was quite even in terms of possession and chances, but we defended well, and Daniel Mesenholer made some good saves. This win has earned us a trip to Bundesliga champions FC Bayern in the next round.

League Table

11th isn't the kind of improvement that I was hoping for, but it's obviously early days. A bit concerned that we're not creating much at home, but hopefully that will change in September.

Player Focus

I can't remember if I've featured Lorenzo before, but I signed him in the summer of 2020 for just 70k from Pescara (R). He's been a squad player in his first two seasons, so hopefully now he can sustain this form and become a first team regular, though he is still quite young.

Transfer News

I managed to offload Kevin Holzweiler, so made one final addition, in an attempt to improve our goal scoring ability. I broke our transfer record again to bring in this guy for 575k.

I especially like his dribbling, and I hope he could also prove useful at getting on the end of crosses.

Our next trip is a visit to unbeaten Kaiserslauten.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This is the season you should make a big step forwards. The Board are too pessimistic. But we'll see.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Have to be pleased with that start - just 1 defeat in 4 (but you would have been better off winning 2 and losing 2!)

Dresden would maybe have hoped to win that after they fell to 10 so early

Nice cup win and you should make 'sssssssssssssss in the next round against Bayern Munich! - But you might get "taught a lesson" though

New striker looks very handy all round - but should for 575k -

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

September 2022

Results

A tough month, with 3 games against teams inside the top 6. The trip to Kaiserslauten produced a fairly even game in terms of possession and chances, but sloppiness on our part at both ends cost us the points.

Neither team could break the deadlock in a scrappy game against Greuther Furth, with Daniel Mesenholer getting Man of the Match. Finally a trip to St. Pauli saw the home side take a deserved lead in a game where we were unlucky not to get an equaliser.

League Table

Obviously being in the relegation zone at this stage wasn't what I had in mind. Our away form has been reasonable this season, but at home we've yet to score a league goal. Our next game is at home to fellow strugglers Jena. If we fail to win that, I'll have to think about changing our shape. It's worth noting that 5 of our 7 games this season have been against teams in the top half of the table.

Player Focus

It's nice to see Lorenzo pick up Player of the Month for the second month running, though with just three 7 out of 10 performances, I'm struggling to see why. One player who has stood out this month is this lad.

So far we have one of the better defensive records in the division, and I feel that Leonardo has been a big part of this in the way he protects our back three.

Hopefully I'll have better news in October's update.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast