Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    food ok here, eggs easily available.
    I stand by my original statement that this is just Flu season and the pandemic is a hoax.
    Over 80% of Covid tests in China might be false positives as this article published on a USA government website on March the 5th, yes over 2 weeks ago states.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3213...Ug3XVK_RajavAI
    Dude it's not a hoax my nan has caught it, found out yesterday !

she is in isolation in a care home with other elderly people that have caught it also most of them are gonna die if not all of them. Everyone is starting to know someone that has been diagnosed with it now

The question is more about the narratives being used for certain ideological, economical or political interests more than it's a hoax and the first strain we are having now will probably be nothing compared to the mutated strains next winter. The Spanish flu was the last major global flu pandemic and killed a lot of people in it's first wave but it was the mutated strain the winter after that did the most damage and will probably be the same with this pandemic

vCash

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    You're a fooking loon, evesham!

vCash
    i don't think most people realise it's real until they start going supermarket and there is f all there or they hear about people they know getting ill

vCash
    food ok here, eggs easily available.
    I stand by my original statement that this is just Flu season and the pandemic is a hoax.
    Over 80% of Covid tests in China might be false positives as this article published on a USA government website on March the 5th, yes over 2 weeks ago states.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3213...Ug3XVK_RajavAI
    Imagine actually thinking this man . . . The worlds manufacturing and commercial sectors at a complete stand still, for a hoax? Costing billions if not trillions per day !! IMAGINE !!

vCash
    This!

and the Earth is flatter than Roy Hodgson's 442

vCash
    The game of numbers and reliability.
    A few years ago i would consider those published articles. Since you know who is commanding that ship, today not so much.

Look at the spanish and italian current scenarios... the death toll is sky high and the virus strikes hard specially at the most aged population. You can't even begin to compare with the number of casualties of the last Flu seasons at those countries.

Who the hell knows what's happening in China or even in the US. They fear for their political and economic agendas.

vCash
    How people think, feel and perceive there governments, police and health experts will drastically change over the next year or so if this corona virus forces mass lockdowns and the state uses it as excuse to encroach on your civil liberties they are already trying to stir up propaganda for social acceptance of snitching on your neighbours etc for leaving the house and could easily exploit this uncertainty and confusion for there own interests and increasing there power over the public.

What would stop them from mass fining people or forced vaccines or forced quarantine because they simply coughed when on a jog. Even though this Virus will probably kill many it will be the social implications and abuse of state power I will see as the main issue moving forward if they take over the supply food chains for instance and lock down major cities and force rationing or if food shortages get very low this will lead to a crazy future.

I think a lot of people in the west are very naive and have way to much trust for authority and will naturally conform when there is still very limited information about this virus and why our governments left the borders open for so long to encourage it's spread when it was obvious to many people that back in January there was a high risk this would lead to a pandemic.
    Last edited by leo37; 08-04-20 at 11:46 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash

11. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Working from home isn't too bad. Well, I like it anyway.

Hopefully this will be on the downslope of the curve by the end of April.

The hysteria is worse than the actual virus.

The virus isn't the hoax, it's real alright. It's the reaction and agenda and like others said the pushing of fear and encouragement to tattle on your neighbours etc, full on 1984 feeling to all the news at the moment.

Hope auld Boris gets better as well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheImmortal316 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I usually travel for work but only every other week meaning the other week I work from home.

This is week 3 and it has definitely been challenging with the kids home-schooling, my wife works in home care for elderly people and her hours have really ramped up so it's been a balancing act at home.

vCash
    If the best thing to come from this is that we get a better valued Police, NHS, etc that the better. To hear how the NHS was such a tool for Brexit talks, and how much budget cuts have hamper policing etc, this lockdown shows how much we can't forget we have to rely on them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    How about Boris only getting corona virus to come out and applaud how good the NHS is... as a tactic...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiShagilko View Post
    How about Boris only getting corona virus to come out and applaud how good the NHS is... as a tactic...
    How about not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    How about not?
    Sorry, as a new member, didn't know we couldn't have an opinion here

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaxiShagilko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Of course you can have an opinion here. Mine is that the situation is more serious than we think and we won't play football in front of a crowd for many, many more months to come. But I may be wrong. I hope I am.

vCash
    Germans playing behind closed doors soon? Think they have started to go back training now?

vCash
    You have many things to learn bud!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Another three weeks then....

How strict is everyone being?
    I have to walk the dog twice a day and visit shops.
    I also would go the odd time for a walk in remote places (the coast, forest etc) and went to my mate's house this week so we could cut each others hair with barbers being shut.

vCash
    Pretty strict. With small kids it's either all or nothing, grey area's just leads to confusion e.g. our eldest was pretty upset there was a bunch of the neighbour's kids from around the corner that just decided "fuck it" and went off on a big cycling tour of the estate for an hour

In general, I'd say not strict at all if this is anything to go by https://twitter.com/d_rafi1/status/1250864574984867856 would have thought the water cannon would have been ideal
    Last edited by Dermotron; 17-04-20 at 09:39 AM.

vCash
    Wow!
    This is the opposite of the narrative about cops being overzealous. They are all clapping though, this must be the 8PM NHS appreciation.

It is tough for people with kids, or who maybe live with and look after the elderly family members.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal316 View Post
    Wow!
    This is the opposite of the narrative about cops being overzealous. They are all clapping though, this must be the 8PM NHS appreciation.

It is tough for people with kids, or who maybe live with and look after the elderly family members.
    It is the clap but realistically they are just creating more work for the NHS due to lack of social distancing. Probably not as bad at the camera portrays but it's not great.

Curveball Champion!
    vCash
    I go for a run five days a week, big food shopping once a week, walk the dog at weekends (we only have him at weekends), so I do end up going out more than once some days. Got a decent garden so don’t need to flock to parks and beaches like other morons.

Guilty of going to McColl’s for non-essentials, but it’s their own fault for being open when they barely sell anything ‘essential’, and it’s literally two minutes walk from my house.

Oh, also occasionally going to the pharmacy for my grandparents, so I guess I’m out quite a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    It is the clap but realistically they are just creating more work for the NHS due to lack of social distancing. Probably not as bad at the camera portrays but it's not great.
    Yeah - that's annoyed me somewhat

Then they go and fecking fine other people for being somewhere with nobody around

Usually do a big shop once a week. Sometimes we go for a walk/bike as we have a load of quiet fields/woods etc around us but just staying in otherwise - lucky we have a decent garden and the kids are fine with it all

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast