Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

vCash

Coronavirus

So.....................

vCash

vCash
    It's nice and quiet both in the office and on the roads..

vCash
    Hope you're all stocked up on toilet roll!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

6. Cheery new topic lol... I just hope they find a vaccine soon though I doubt they will

For those of you quiet in the office screw you all Itís the worst time for me working in video conferencing as our workload has gone up like 1000% with travel bans...

vCash
    Better weather will for sure help as spring comes

But I think it'll be a crazy few weeks coming...........

vCash
    All schools, colleges and childcare centres got closed awhile ago from 6pm today until March 29th (a week before they are off for 2 weeks again). We have no real alternative childcare options so it'll be alternating turns in working remotely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Better weather will for sure help as spring comes

But I think it'll be a crazy few weeks coming...........
    Is that "for sure", though?

vCash
    Well - don't think viruses like sunlight, humidity and temperature!

Aye - lots of people goinna struggle with childcare now

vCash
    Hope you're right, mate!

vCash
    Trump said last year 37,000 Americans died from flu, 22 died of Corona (now 31)
    Trump also called it a hoax.
    I'm so sick of hearing about this crap already, just fear-mongering all the people making them buy everything off the shelves.

vCash
    *tin foiled hat on*

My guess is the CIA released the virus from the state-of-the-art medical research facility in Wuhan in full Resident Evil style, hoping the virus would cripple the entire nation and slow down their economic growth. Bit of a coÔncidence that it happened to 'break out' right before the Chinese new year where the whole country goes to visit relatives making it an easy way to spread the virus.

China however said 'fuck it' and hardly dealt with it, allowing it to travel outside the country to cause a pandemic. If they're going to be hit by this they will pretty much make sure EVERYONE gets hit by it.

*tin foiled hat off*
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash

Aye - lots of people goinna struggle with childcare now
    Thing is, places like China and Italy aren't exactly cold mate.

Curveball Champion!
    vCash
    Only a matter of time before I'm working from home. Think most bosses are reluctant because if they order people to work from home now, they have absolutely no idea when it's 'safe' for things to return to normal - could be months!

I was thinking, cos of some of the high profile cases that have emerged in the last few days, it's probably quite likely that someone in our 50-person office is carrying the bug without displaying symptoms yet... every day is a bit of a gamble, health-wise.

I don't actually care if I get it, I'll be fine - I just don't want to be giving it to my grandparents.

16. Our building is 2500 people and someone did have it. Most people are now working at home for a month. I and some others have to do 2 weeks in office and then 2 weeks out

Like you say Iím not too fussed about getting it myself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    *tin foiled hat on*

My guess is the CIA released the virus from the state-of-the-art medical research facility in Wuhan in full Resident Evil style, hoping the virus would cripple the entire nation and slow down their economic growth. Bit of a coÔncidence that it happened to 'break out' right before the Chinese new year where the whole country goes to visit relatives making it an easy way to spread the virus.

China however said 'fuck it' and hardly dealt with it, allowing it to travel outside the country to cause a pandemic. If they're going to be hit by this they will pretty much make sure EVERYONE gets hit by it.

*tin foiled hat off*
    I'd say it's more along the lines of trimming the impending financial apocalypse caused by the western's world ability to live longer i.e. pension funds, hospital care and so on. Couple that will the fact their birth rates aren't even close enough to keep them out of recession. It's why Donnie boy has no bother committing 500bn to the stock markets at the minute, he's banking on all the those pensioner deaths to free loads of capital i.e. the monies he's just given away. $3,200 for a test in public hospital, $1000 with insurance. America has some cheek to point to human rights violations elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    Trump said last year 37,000 Americans died from flu, 22 died of Corona (now 31)
    Trump also called it a hoax.
    I'm so sick of hearing about this crap already, just fear-mongering all the people making them buy everything off the shelves.
    How many were infected by flu and survived though?

Current mortality rate of covid-19 is 7.5%. Mortality rate of seasonal/common flu is 0.1%
    Last edited by Dermotron; 14-03-20 at 12:31 PM.

vCash
    Anyhow, once again the German's are showing how Public banking is the key. Italy > isolating/lockdown, sort of working. Germany > early/mass testing definitely working.

Why is public banking an issue? When the people want money put to this to get the testing live, they are using they're own money. Nations propped up with private banking have to borrow. "but I have 10k in the bank" no you don't, do some reading.

Italy's mortality rate is around 7.6%. Germany's is 0.2%. America's is and will be purely made up since most can can't afford to even report they are sick.

vCash
    Italy have the 3rd oldest population in the world. They were bound to get effected worse in terms of mortality. It doesn't tell the whole story.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruben_ For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    How many were infected by flu and survived though?

Current mortality rate of covid-19 is 7.5%. Mortality rate of seasonal/common flu is 0.1%
    That's from known cases

People have it now most likely and don't have a clue and come through it - therefore mortality rate a lot lot smaller

vCash
    Probably going to be quite true but you can only calculate off the known cases. Caution and awareness is ideal. Panic and scaremongering are as bad as denial and casual attitude though.

For instance 1.4% of Serie A footballers have it. Does that mean 840000 Italians have it using the same scale? No. Potential is there of course. Likely hood is not due to methods put in place to contain and self administer.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I'd say it's more along the lines of trimming the impending financial apocalypse caused by the western's world ability to live longer i.e. pension funds, hospital care and so on. Couple that will the fact their birth rates aren't even close enough to keep them out of recession. It's why Donnie boy has no bother committing 500bn to the stock markets at the minute, he's banking on all the those pensioner deaths to free loads of capital i.e. the monies he's just given away. $3,200 for a test in public hospital, $1000 with insurance. America has some cheek to point to human rights violations elsewhere.
    Americans quickly found a loophole to this.

If you go and give blood they have to run the test for free prior to your donation.

vCash

vCash

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast