Thread: My long term save is it broken?

vCash

My long term save is it broken?

9 months ago or so i started a save using nick co patch and it was working brilliantly if a little slow after 15 seasons with all leagues loaded and retain all players from the database loaded

I am 15-16 seasons in and the other day I must of accidentally patched over the exe file so now the save will not load and just brings up loads of errors then closes back to windows. What I did was load a new game and patched it but i did it too the wrong cm01/02 folder so now my long term save is in that directory and won't load

Is there a way this save can ever load up again or has it been corrupted now??

vCash
    Can you not load the game from the correct .exe?

vCash
    Yeah, you will probably need to start from a new exe and replicate the patch settings you used when you started the game. Otherwise... doomed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yeah, you will probably need to start from a new exe and replicate the patch settings you used when you started the game. Otherwise... doomed
    is there a way to find that out from the file ? i did use nick co patch but can't remember what ticks or unticks i used when applying the exe :-(

it would of been patcher version nick co v113 as i checked my downloads in documents and it was still there i already tried replicating the settings but the save game file doesn't load just loads index errors
    Last edited by leo37; 16-03-20 at 11:41 PM.

vCash
    no the exe has been re patched now did it by mistake by patching the wrong cm0102 folder

vCash
    No way of easily figuring it out. What index erros are you getting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No way of easily figuring it out. What index erros are you getting?
    v3.9.68 index .. cp5809 then it pops up 4 times but then continues to load then crashes on loading game data it says unable to open 'general data file'
    cpp 9111 is the error

the save could be corrupted i don't know or it could of been me accidentally patching the wrong cm directory

but i guess i need to find out if it possible recreate the exe on not knowing or remembering what exe settings where used on the load of the game

Been around 9 months or so
    Last edited by leo37; 17-03-20 at 12:17 AM.

vCash
    The cpp5809 error is generally non-fatal. This would suggest something like club names have been changed (such as Spanish/German teams that are hard-coded)
    What data update/patch did you use to create the original game, and what do you have installed currently?

I've not seen the 9111 error before.

vCash
    if that is the case i use the new nick co patch when playing a different save and did click the name change and update of competition names on the newer nick co patch which wasn't there on the older version it could of corrupted save you think?

it is my own fault i loaded a new game and patched without thinking about the long term save file in same directory which should of been dragged out with the exe

vCash
    Yes, that will almost certainly be it. Competition name changes will cause the crash. I'm not completely familiar with the patch itself, but I guess the name changes also adjust Holland to Netherlands, so this will likely also be terminal.

vCash
    been trying for a few hours all different settings and repatching ill try both competition names ticked and unticked and if that doesn't work then i guess my save is toast

vCash
    The save should be okay assuming you didn't load it with the new exe and then save it with that new exe too. If you can upload the save I should be able to see what the index errors are at least.

vCash
    Hi Saturn i honestly can't remember i had it on my pc and didn't play cm for around 9 months

Think i might of patched over it recently by mistake as said above on thread

https://gofile.io/?c=iZ5FeK there is the save game link

sorry posted wrong link previously the new link is the correct save game file
    Last edited by leo37; 20-03-20 at 09:31 PM.

vCash
    I had a look at your save and was able to load it on a normal .68 exe. I could continue the game but if I saved and then tried to reload it it would crash (with numerous errors). The index errors related to the Welsh awards, which in your game seem to have been renamed to the National League North.

So, try creating an exe with the Welsh Premier Division replaced with the English National League North and see how you get on. I was able to load your save, advance by a day, save and succesfully reload it without any errors.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    I had a look at your save and was able to load it on a normal .68 exe. I could continue the game but if I saved and then tried to reload it it would crash (with numerous errors). The index errors related to the Welsh awards, which in your game seem to have been renamed to the National League North.

So, try creating an exe with the Welsh Premier Division replaced with the English National League North and see how you get on. I was able to load your save, advance by a day, save and succesfully reload it without any errors.

Thanks for taking a look at it

I'm gonna try load it up

working ok now after creating the new exe :-)
    Last edited by leo37; 22-03-20 at 08:05 AM.

vCash

18. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post

That was some amazing work, saturn!

I'm afraid, though, that everyone will come to you now with their save files which don't load

20. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yes very kind of Mr Saturn to help out thought my save was brown bread

22. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post: