Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 568

Thread: March 2020 Data Update Technical Support

  1. #301

    Join Date
    14-04-20
    Posts
    1

    Help.

    Can I please have some help, I love this update and thank you for that but when I try and use the editor with it I can't load a game as it comes with an error

  2. #302

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Quote Originally Posted by selas1905 View Post
    after I installed the game it says insert the disk and ı cant start the game. can u help me?
    "Find the .ISO file. Right click and choose ""Mount"". When you restart the computer the iso (this is the file the game is on) is dismounted by the software (which essentially mimics ejecting a physical cd). You only need to find cm0102.iso (or a shortcut to the file), right click and select Mount. It will prompt to install the game again but this is the default option the software on the iso (disc) so you can just ignore or cancel this prompt. Once the iso is mounted again you can play the game as if there was a physical cd in there. If you have WIndows 10 just double click the ISO file

    The other option is to burn the iso file to a cd and leave the cd in the physical cd drive.
    "

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by L4RG13 View Post
    Can I please have some help, I love this update and thank you for that but when I try and use the editor with it I can't load a game as it comes with an error
    What error?

    When?

  3. #303

    Join Date
    19-04-20
    Posts
    3
    Downloaded the 2020 update but now when I start new game the loading process gets to initializing game data then just closes, can anyone help?

  4. #304

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Quote Originally Posted by beb_gilly View Post
    Downloaded the 2020 update but now when I start new game the loading process gets to initializing game data then just closes, can anyone help?
    Run the game as administrator

  5. #305

    Join Date
    19-04-20
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the reply, I've done that but doesn't work still, at the start comes up with error v3.9.60 index..cpp 5773, don't know if that has anything to do with it?

  6. #306

    Join Date
    19-04-20
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Run the game as administrator
    Thanks for the reply, I've done that but doesn't work still, at the start comes up with error v3.9.60 index..cpp 5773, don't know if that has anything to do with it?

  7. #307

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Quote Originally Posted by beb_gilly View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I've done that but doesn't work still, at the start comes up with error v3.9.60 index..cpp 5773, don't know if that has anything to do with it?
    You haven't installed 3.9.68 patch

    Follow this and you should be good - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

  8. #308

    Join Date
    14-04-20
    Posts
    3
    Hi I've downloaded latest 2020 patch tried to copy into my 01/02 (no disk) get error when copying files not enough space on disk can anyone help with issue.

  9. #309

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Darny View Post
    Hi I've downloaded latest 2020 patch tried to copy into my 01/02 (no disk) get error when copying files not enough space on disk can anyone help with issue.
    Can you post a screenshot of the error please or advise the actual error message and from where you are copying files from and to

  10. #310

    Join Date
    14-04-20
    Posts
    3
    Apologies but I'm terrible with computers, so I've already got 01/02 up and running through clone drive works fine, download 2020 patch follow instructions unzip/extract files then copy into my 01/02 folder where im prompted with not enough disk space ( let me try again and i'll add a screenshot.

    Cheers

  11. #311

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Darny View Post
    Apologies but I'm terrible with computers, so I've already got 01/02 up and running through clone drive works fine, download 2020 patch follow instructions unzip/extract files then copy into my 01/02 folder where im prompted with not enough disk space ( let me try again and i'll add a screenshot.

    Cheers
    You haven't mentioned it but I assume you have done 3.9.68 patch?

    You should be following this - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

    Where are you stuck following these instructions?

  12. #312

    Join Date
    14-04-20
    Posts
    3
    Yes got 3.9.68 I'm stuck on task 8 which is selecting 01/02 data file?? Came up with hall of fame error.
    Last edited by Darny; 20-04-20 at 07:00 PM.

  13. #313

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    So now you have a different error?

    You are not selecting the 01/02 data file

    Step 8 is saying you are copying the March 2020 data files and pasting them (and overwriting) in the Data folder which had the original 2001/2002 data

  14. #314

    Join Date
    25-03-20
    Posts
    1
    Hi folks. Having a similar issue to some other members - have had a game running and am into my 4th or 5th season but in September 2024 or something like that it crashes and closes. I've tried holidaying over it etc. but it just crashes. I'm using the Trapani 2.2.21 or whatver the latest one is called and the March 2020 update. Don't have Saturn or Nick patches installed or anything. Any workarounds? It's a decent save and I'm fair enjoying it.

  15. #315

    Join Date
    16-11-19
    Posts
    11
    Literally in the same boat here! Mine crashes December 2025 though.

  16. #316

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Maybe upload your saves guys and someone can take a look. Use a file sharing site like sendspace

  17. #317

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb View Post
    Literally in the same boat here! Mine crashes December 2025 though.
    Not the same boat then as you said in a different thread you have Nick's patcher

    Try and provide as much info as possible in order for people to try and help

  18. #318

    Join Date
    16-11-19
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Not the same boat then as you said in a different thread you have Nick's patcher

    Try and provide as much info as possible in order for people to try and help
    It is the same boat, we both cant go past a certain date.... We still have the March 2020 update clearly this is the issue here because that's the only part of the game we have in common.

    Is there an answer to this problem?

  19. #319

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb View Post
    It is the same boat, we both cant go past a certain date.... We still have the March 2020 update clearly this is the issue here because that's the only part of the game we have in common.

    Is there an answer to this problem?
    You probably have completely different set up if using different patchers

    Is there an answer to your problem?

    Maybe if you upload your save as requested then maybe someone can look into it

  20. #320

    Join Date
    23-04-20
    Posts
    4
    Hi, I have installed the game and want the March 2020 update, i am trying to complete step 2 and install the SI Games Patch,
    however it doesn't let me, when trying to run the Patch it says the following;

    Unable to find CM01/02 installation
    Re-install CM01/02 from CD and try again

    What should i do to fix this error?

  21. #321

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Reece14 View Post
    Hi, I have installed the game and want the March 2020 update, i am trying to complete step 2 and install the SI Games Patch,
    however it doesn't let me, when trying to run the Patch it says the following;

    Unable to find CM01/02 installation
    Re-install CM01/02 from CD and try again

    What should i do to fix this error?
    Running it as administrator?

  22. #322

    Join Date
    23-04-20
    Posts
    4
    I did try that, now i am just gonna try reinstalling it all to see if that works

  23. #323

    Join Date
    23-04-20
    Posts
    4
    I've got the patch to work now after i reinstalled, now i go to load the game, i press start new game and it freezes after a few loading bars go by.
    Ive tried running as administrator and it still freezes, any ideas?

  24. #324

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Reece14 View Post
    I've got the patch to work now after i reinstalled, now i go to load the game, i press start new game and it freezes after a few loading bars go by.
    Ive tried running as administrator and it still freezes, any ideas?
    Set compatability to XP 2 or 3

    Did you delete the CM folder (manually) in Program files when you uninstalled? If not, that could still be affecting it so remove that and uninstall game

    then do this

    Install game, create game and see if ok.
    Install 3.9.68, create game and see if ok.
    Apply Data Update, create game and see if ok

    etc

  25. #325

    Join Date
    23-04-20
    Posts
    4
    I uninstalled again and tried what you said and it worked thank you

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Reece14 For This Useful Post:


Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •