Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: March 2020 Data Update Feedback

vCash
    Thanks man! Yes I've read a fair mount about intrinsic values and the premise etc, so basically once a player has a 20 for something in-game, it could actually be much more than '20', instrinsicalyl, right. I just wondered as a further to that was there a particular reason why specific things like Anticipation & Decisions were set so low... Kevin De Bruyne in particular I remember had like under 5 for these, and Penalties. So it's basically because Anticipation and Decisions aren't that important in the game, ultimately? If that's the case, it's perfectly understandable to do this if it then makes his stats for things like Passing, Crossing, Creativity etc even more 'powerful' 20s. Penalties I find a little more curious though, as it's surely a relatively important stat in its own right - if a player is a good penalty taker, but has been given a poor stat in the editor (say 3 or less), then even with a high CA, his Penalties attribute will then be average at best in-game, so isn't that going a bit too far?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfitz View Post
    Is there any patches for the 2020 update where man city actually sign any players and give a good account of themselves in the league?

Iím yet to see them sign any decent players in the games ive played so far and are usually behind Tottenham/Leicester for competition
    Agreed
    I am in 2027 now, Pep's just been given the boot, City have been finishing around 7-9th the last couple of years and buying absolute dross players:
    How do we make this more realistic? i want city to challenge liverpool and klopp! I'm Arsenal!!!

vCash
    I'd say it's very realistic given they're 25 pts behind Liverpool in real life

vCash
    Amazing effort for this and previous updates, especially by filling 0's with FM atts for thousands of players! Will you continue using this method during working on next update by using atts from FM20?

About update, I think there should be more U23 players with -1 and -2 PAs - they form less than 2% of all players in this DB while in original DB there's almost 3% of them. By the way, youngsters from reserves should have 0 PA when it isn't minus or high number IMO. That would make the game less predictable and even more realistic as you won't know how well will player develop.
    I also saw there are numerous 24+ years old players who have minus PA and they shouldn't IMO as they're too old to have them. Are you going to balance minus PA overall selection in near future? (I assume these 35+ form bases for regens so they're exceptions)

Thank you and best wishes!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikolayov For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Does anyone know why an AI manager would keep playing a 4-3-3 formation even though I've changed their set formation in the editor to 3-4-3?

I've tried to set it for Lucien Favre at Dortmund as a test, but they keep playing 4-3-3 still. Yet someone like Nuno Espirito Santo (Wolves) does play the 3-4-3 assigned by the editor. I can't see anything in their manager attributes either to see why this is happening. Any ideas?

EDIT: I did some tests and worked out that a manager with a preferred formation of 3-4-3 also needs their 'Marking' attribute set to at least 18 to actually use it in-game.
    Last edited by dw82; 19-05-20 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Tested and found solution myself.

vCash
    Iím Having trouble with the CM editor on latest update. I can change finances, contract duration and stadium limits but the player attributes that have been saved are not being implemented in the game.

I have tried re-installing the game.

Please note this has been done as an administrator.

vCash
    is there any way to drop values and wages down? i think they are much higher than it has to be ( like moise kean expenting 12m / year :O )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valmarque View Post
    is there any way to drop values and wages down? i think they are much higher than it has to be ( like moise kean expenting 12m / year :O )
    Are you using a patcher? If so, adjust using that patcher (i.e Nick's) or are you saying the values without "modern finances" are too high?

So Moise wants 230k a week - Everton are prob paying him not far off that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Are you using a patcher? If so, adjust using that patcher (i.e Nick's) or are you saying the values without "modern finances" are too high?

So Moise wants 230k a week - Everton are prob paying him not far off that
    yes i am using Nick's patcher. is Currency İnflation working for that?

Not just Kean, its just an example, Yalcin from Besiktas demands 15m/year for another example

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valmarque View Post
    yes i am using Nick's patcher. is Currency İnflation working for that?

Not just Kean, its just an example, Yalcin from Besiktas demands 15m/year for another example
    Change the "Currency Inflation" down then on the patcher - just do trial and error until you are happy with it

vCash
    ok, thank you, i will try it!

vCash
    So I have a new poser, to do with AI tactics, and I'm not sure if it's something to do with the data update.

I know the update team have done great work in manipulating manager attributes so that AI managers play the 'modern' 4-3-3, with three central mids and then two advanced wingers off a main striker. Which is great. And this is achieved by the managers having a high free role attribute and a low man marking attribute.

However... all the teams playing this 4-3-3, even the big ones (e.g. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Bayern to name a few) change to a standard old 4-4-2, specifically when playing tough away games, which generally means they play a more 'defensive' tactic. But why the formation change? It's quite annoying that all the clubs do this...

EXCEPT, Solskjaer's Man Utd. Solskjaer also has the 4-3-3 preferred formation, but in my tests, United play this consistently every game, even those tough away games in which the other clubs always change to a 4-4-2 instead. So, why is this the case? There has to be something different about Solskjaer's attributes in the data to make this happen, but I'm yet to work out why. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by dw82; 22-05-20 at 10:55 PM.

vCash
    Looking to solve that too. My guess would be there is no room for a variant of 433 in the preset tactics. So adding a 433 and 433 defensive doesn't result in the 2nd 433 being used in away games. Managers with higher tactics will "plan" for a game whereas the worse managers will go all out even if it means getting hammered.

You can however put some .pct files in your data folder and they will be picked up by managers of obscure U21 friendlies and the like

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910