Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: March 2020 Data Update Feedback

Hi,
    I had a savegame with a friend, six leagues and in the second season, Moreirense win the Portuguese legue, there is no way in real life.
    In Italy, Milan was despromoted in third season.

Its a problem in other saves but in that savegame, we play English League, we have strong players and in the most of the game against us, the other teams with 1/2 shots on goal get the goal, and we have to do many shots on goal to get one goal. Many times the other times get 3 shots on goal 2 goals, 4 shots on goal 2/3 goals.
    Lower teams get that accuracy to!
    And computer teams don't get that accuracy against wich other.
    I say to my friend: "we have to take more goals wich game than the other team have shots on goal."

Is this a problem reported by other users? I can send you the savegame.

Thank you for all your work with this old and suberb game

Five years ago no one would have said Leicester were going to win the Premiership either.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Five years ago no one would have said Leicester were going to win the Premiership either.
    Just saying because is normal things like this, Moreirense and Milan, in the game but once in a life time in real life.

But the accurancy the teams against human managers, it's not normal anywhere.

You've said it's happened once on a save, so no different to Leicester IRL.

If you'd played 10 times and it happened 3 or 4 times then fair enough, but could quite easily be a freak occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    You've said it's happened once on a save, so no different to Leicester IRL.

If you'd played 10 times and it happened 3 or 4 times then fair enough, but could quite easily be a freak occurrence.
    I understand and just giving some exemples, other things like that happen in other saves.
    We play with nww tactics, Wolves & Arsenal, win legues and Champions League but the accurancy is regular in every save that we had before too.

In my opinion is too far from reality the accurancy.

Hello! I downloaded the March 2020 Zip update. I looked at the instructions on what to do next and it says to copy and paste in to a 'DATA FOLDER' but I don't see one? I have checked the file location of the game to no avail. Any other suggestions on where / how I drop the update so that it works?

Quote Originally Posted by oli_bri View Post
    Hello! I downloaded the March 2020 Zip update. I looked at the instructions on what to do next and it says to copy and paste in to a 'DATA FOLDER' but I don't see one? I have checked the file location of the game to no avail. Any other suggestions on where / how I drop the update so that it works?
    You need to copy and paste the files from the zip file in to the folder called Data within you Championship Manager 01-02 directory.

For the next update you guys should delete the R teams (in my opinion) and put all the players in the reserves...

Its not cool to have good quality kids in those teams, and you cant use them in the first team until they sign for us, and sometimes they reject...

Best update ever....and I'm serious (combined with cmpatcher)

For years CM0102 was too easy, and that is mainly why I stopped playing it. But this update really makes it tougher for human players and I LOVE IT. LOVE IT!

Now it became a challenge, and thats awesome.

Sure, there are some players that are completely unrealisticly done, as well as some teams in general are too strong, but I dont care, now I'm NOT overrunning competition and actually have to manage the team to win

Thank you guys, hopefully, next update will be the same as this one, or Ill end up playing this one for a loooong time

PS. Playing network game with 2 mates (Brighton, Burnley and Newcastle), was most intense battle to avoid relegation ever
    We even made it harder for us and are allowed ourselves to use default tactics ONLY, as well as getting players on bosman/expiry is NOT allowed

Mate with Brighton was 6 points below the line, with 6 rounds to go, then out of nowhere, went to 4 game winning streak to secure his spot by 1 point
    Last edited by BlackyM; 01-08-20 at 02:25 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackyM For This Useful Post:

Not sure if this has been noted before but when the transfers from the Manu Utd- R team come in they are coming in as "Important First Team Player" I would guess hot prospect or decent player would be better.

If I change their status on arrival they go to "Feels he has been bought to the club under false pretences"

Its not a real hassle as I normally just cancel all of the transfers anyway as they normally aren't any good. Just thought i would mention it in case its an issue for future updates.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zenabooo View Post
    For the next update you guys should delete the R teams (in my opinion) and put all the players in the reserves...

Its not cool to have good quality kids in those teams, and you cant use them in the first team until they sign for us, and sometimes they reject...
    The (R) teams are created because there is a limit to 50 players per team, which means for teams like Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc - there would be no youth players at all as there isn't room to put them in.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:

Oh ok...I understand...

Thanks!

Hi, this update I start the game in 2020 and, after the first season, on 27th June 2021 I get the error 'v.3.9.68T wc_oceania_league..cpp 1055' the game then crashes... what can i do to fix this? if you can help me I thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by wesly otoni View Post
    Hi, this update I start the game in 2020 and, after the first season, on 27th June 2021 I get the error 'v.3.9.68T wc_oceania_league..cpp 1055' the game then crashes... what can i do to fix this? if you can help me I thank you very much.
    Check here - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...363#post480363

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

What is going on with Paul Pogba in this update? I have had a look at him in GK editor CM scout intrinsic and CM scout and his stats appear to be really off in there. Ambition of 1 ??? Professionalism of 1 ???

Without even starting on his overall stats, he is a world cup winner, has won many other trophies, and is the type of player to force a move or at least state that he is unhappy if the club doesn't get into the champions league so I really doubt that his ambition and professionalism should be 1s...

Looking at his stats they would suggest that he is worse than Tahith Chong and Hannibal Mejbri? Has someone got a problem with Pogba on the update team? lol

Quote Originally Posted by grimm4 View Post
    What is going on with Paul Pogba in this update? I have had a look at him in GK editor CM scout intrinsic and CM scout and his stats appear to be really off in there. Ambition of 1 ??? Professionalism of 1 ???

Without even starting on his overall stats, he is a world cup winner, has won many other trophies, and is the type of player to force a move or at least state that he is unhappy if the club doesn't get into the champions league so I really doubt that his ambition and professionalism should be 1s...

Looking at his stats they would suggest that he is worse than Tahith Chong and Hannibal Mejbri? Has someone got a problem with Pogba on the update team? lol
    I noticed too and I think this setting is simply a ridicolous shame.

I'm on my third save game with the March 2020 data update, Pogba has been pretty realistic, amazing in some games, awful in others, gets unhappy if you warn him or fine him for poor performance or unprofessional behavior when other players accept it.

He hasn't requested a transfer yet but it's only a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    I'm on my third save game with the March 2020 data update, Pogba has been pretty realistic, amazing in some games, awful in others, gets unhappy if you warn him or fine him for poor performance or unprofessional behavior when other players accept it.

Have you looked at his intrinsic stats and compared him to other players that he should be much better than?

You can make almost any player be "amazing in some games" with the right tactic, so I'm not sure that what you are saying is an accurate measure of the player.

I haven't played much with the updated database, but is it normal for clubs to want such astronomical fees? It's saturn update with Nick's patcher, and basically I couldn't sign anyone as Manchester United. As an example, Upamecano is valued at 5 250 000 but even offer around 35 000 000 is refused, samo for Camavinga. I understand that those are valuable players and clubs have enough money but it is a bit ridiculous. Is it something related to the "Corrency Inflation" setting or? Also the clubs often say "they have only recently purchased him" when a player has a history of being at the club for a few seasons already?

Quote Originally Posted by Telcontar View Post
    I haven't played much with the updated database, but is it normal for clubs to want such astronomical fees? It's saturn update with Nick's patcher, and basically I couldn't sign anyone as Manchester United. As an example, Upamecano is valued at 5 250 000 but even offer around 35 000 000 is refused, samo for Camavinga. I understand that those are valuable players and clubs have enough money but it is a bit ridiculous. Is it something related to the "Corrency Inflation" setting or? Also the clubs often say "they have only recently purchased him" when a player has a history of being at the club for a few seasons already?
    If you mean at start of game then it's essentially coded in for clubs not to sell for first few months etc as if the players are new signings

If this is really an issue then download Nick/s patch who has now removed it - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...898#post474898
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 11-08-20 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    If you mean at start of game then it's essentially coded in for clubs not to sell for first few months etc as if the players are new signings

If this is really an issue then download Nick/s patch who has now removed it - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...898#post474898
    Ah, that explains it. I used the patcher, but did not use the save game changer on my save. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post

To be honest, I think someone either really didn't like Manchester United, or haven't given them enough attention on the update. Bruno Fernandes is terrible at penalties in the update, when he was first penatly taker even at sporting, and it seems he is now at United too.

Quote Originally Posted by grimm4 View Post
    Have you looked at his intrinsic stats and compared him to other players that he should be much better than?

You can make almost any player be "amazing in some games" with the right tactic, so I'm not sure that what you are saying is an accurate measure of the player.
    I have not used any of the add-ons to check hidden stats before, not really interested in that. I've been using the same tactic for the last 5 years of updates and when Pogba has been at United he has been a worldie until this update always playing in the same position.

My comment was an observation rather than a complaint, the recent update captures his form better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Telcontar View Post
    To be honest, I think someone either really didn't like Manchester United, or haven't given them enough attention on the update. Bruno Fernandes is terrible at penalties in the update, when he was first penatly taker even at sporting, and it seems he is now at United too.
    Fernandes is my first-choice penalty taker and I cannot remember him missing one to date...

One general bit of feedback, Firmino and Jiminez score way too many goals.

Neither of them are 50-60 goals a season strikers yet they get these totals consistently across the first few seasons...