Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: March 2020 Data Update Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    Fernandes is my first-choice penalty taker and I cannot remember him missing one to date...
    I play with Nick's patch, so some 'hidden' attributes are not hidden anymore and his penalty rating was like 3 or 5. It felt weir so I opened him up in editor, and indeed his penalty rating was some low one digit number, 3 or 5 I think. It felt really weird. I never tested how he performs in game though.

Why does Bruno Fernandes have one of his favourite clubs set as Liverpool? xD

Definitely some Liverpool fans dealing with the database.

A simple google search would show Liverpool were interested in signing him last year and so it was a possibility he could move to Liverpool in the future and a way of having him possibly move in game to them is by making him a favoured team in the editor.

The whole reason the update team release preview saves is for people to give this sort of feedback before the update is released completely, so I'd advise in future anything like this you check out first if say Man Utd is your team.

Alternatively, the update team acquired the services of Graeme Souness to help them with the update and therefore Pogba is rubbish (apparently) and Fernandes wants to leave Utd as soon as possible.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

AMC has answered a lot of this.

Preview Save is vitally important for feedback. We set up a thread, we track and respond to every single bit of feedback we get. I would strongly encourage (and welcome) your feedback ahead of the next update.

Re Pogba - As at end of Feb, Pogba had scored no goals, got 1 assist and was playing terrible. He was injured and all over the media with talk of him leaving. Ole was even suggesting he was fit but not wanting to play. This noise did not change from all summer 2019. Pogba is a VERY good player, easily one of the top 10-15 midfielders in the game when performing at maximum potential, however there are some challenges with managing him because of his behavior off the field. He, like Neymar, for example, are both top players in game and in real life, but they are a pain in the arse to manage. That is us trying to make the game as realistic as possible and give players a personality.

In 2018/2019 - Paul Pogba scored 13 goals in 35 (league) games.
    In 2019/2020 - Paul Pogba scored 1 goal in 16 (league) games

That is his lowest return (Goals per game) in his entire career. Aside from a few moments of brilliance, you can't tell me that he has been anywhere near as good on or off the pitch as he was last season?

We had similar debates over Dele Alli, he was over-powered, then under-powered etc. We try to be as impartial as possible, always, but we have to apply some element of our own interpretation on how players are performing, it's not just because we do/don't rate someone, we research how they are performing in real life and how they are behaving in real life, at the time we do the release then we hand it over in the preview save for people's input.

Look at Anelka or Djalminha in the original game... get them playing and you have yourself a baller.... fine them a weeks wage and they will set fire to your training ground. It's the same logic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:

I could never prove it with Djalminha but I know he did it, him and his fellow Brazilian accomplice Edmundo

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    A simple google search would show Liverpool were interested in signing him last year and so it was a possibility he could move to Liverpool in the future and a way of having him possibly move in game to them is by making him a favoured team in the editor.

The whole reason the update team release preview saves is for people to give this sort of feedback before the update is released completely, so I'd advise in future anything like this you check out first if say Man Utd is your team.

Alternatively, the update team acquired the services of Graeme Souness to help them with the update and therefore Pogba is rubbish (apparently) and Fernandes wants to leave Utd as soon as possible.
    Fernandes has been a Man Utd player since January, I highly doubt one of his favourite clubs is Liverpool in an update from March. I googled it and there is a lot of stuff in the media about Liverpool ex pros/Klopp praising him, but nothing from Fernandes saying that he likes Liverpool... I can only see comments from Fernandes saying that he wants to move to United, but not a single one saying that he wants to move to Liverpool apart from Youtube videos from Liverpool fans which don't count. Liverpool being interested in signing him shouldn't count towards him having them as a favourite club, especially now that he is actually a United player.

Not sure where you are getting this stuff from.

I have had a look at Liverpool's players as well and some of them are ridiculously overpowered. Van Dijk is one of the most overpowered players I'v seen in any database I have ever played (pretty sure he's the best defender stats wise I'v ever seen in any database). His overall stats for his position are better than Messi's xD

It's not just Liverpool anyway. Leipzig have a lot of overpowered players as well for some reason.

With regards to Pogba, some of his issues are down to management/his agent. The stats shouldn't be completely crippled on top players like him. It's pretty evident that Pogba is still a quality player despite being injured for a while. As I said in a previous post, his stats shouldn't be worse than Tahith Chong... that is just laughable.

edit: here is an article about players moving from United to Liverpool (and vice versa), and it almost never happens:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/whic...t1j6oy5hwbuf48
    Last edited by grimm4; 12-08-20 at 03:29 PM.

And as others said Pogba is great in some saves for them.

When the update came out Liverpool were miles clear of everyone else, and even with a poor run in after the return they finished 18 pts clear of their nearest rivals and 33 pts ahead of third place, as well as current Champions League and World Club Champions, reaching the CL final the year before and finishing one point behind City with 97 pts in the 18/19 season so are easily the most consistent and best team over the last two years, unless you boost all the players how else are you going to get that dominance in game?

Van Dijk finished 2nd in the Balon D'Or last year with many tipping him for it, when was the last time a defender finished that high in the rankings? Cannavaro winning it in 2006? Therefore by that he should not only be the best defender on the game but also one of the best defenders since the game came out, and certainly since the update team started doing updates over 10 years ago.

Fernandes liking Liverpool could have been done last year when he was still at Sporting so he may move to Liverpool in game as already suggested, obviously once he went to Utd that should have been took out but was overlooked unfortunately, something that no one picked up in the preview save unfortunately when the update team asked for the forums help.

FYI Derm who is head of the Update Team is a Utd fan, I'm not too familiar with all the people on the team but I don't know if one even is a Liverpool fan.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

All feedback for the update team is good guys - just PLEASE make sure you come back with some when the preview save is released later this year

It's just a few guys on the update team and they don't get paid for it - just for the love of it

So it is vitally important that they get as much feedback etc from all of us

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    All feedback for the update team is good guys - just PLEASE make sure you come back with some when the preview save is released later this year

It's just a few guys on the update team and they don't get paid for it - just for the love of it

So it is vitally important that they get as much feedback etc from all of us
    Yes sorry if anything I have commented came across as overly critical. I do appreciate the work that has gone into it!

I wasn't really aware of the process that they go through ie. the preview save, but I will keep that in mind for the next update.

With regards to Van Dijk, I remember reading on these forums over the years that a stat of 40+ was considered to be in the freak territory and would imply that the player trained that stat and nothing else, but Van Dijk has two of those stats (heading and marking). He also has some stats over 30 which is extreme (tackling, positioning). To give some further context, Messi doesn't even have any stats over 27 and he is considered by many to be the best talent of his generation, possibly ever. I am pretty sure that Van Dijk would still have the correct status that he deserves as an exceptional player with some of these freak stats lowered a bit.

To the update team, just saw this info on the Spurs site, regarding our new academy set up: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...aching-update/ hopefully this can be reflected for the Spurs reserve team in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by stuboy72 View Post
    To the update team, just saw this info on the Spurs site, regarding our new academy set up: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...aching-update/ hopefully this can be reflected for the Spurs reserve team in the next update.
    Thanks for this info. Changes for future updates, please can you post in the relevant scouting thread (link to England below). This is where we track and complete all of the information provided.

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4094

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:

And to settle the previous debate, as a fully fledged Man United player.......... Bruno Fernandes doesn't like Liverpool anymore

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grimm4 View Post
    I remember reading on these forums over the years that a stat of 40+ was considered to be in the freak territory and would imply that the player trained that stat and nothing else, but Van Dijk has two of those stats (heading and marking).
    I said that, but I was talking about the 1-20 values that you see in the game (which actually go up to 46 internally, and you can see it with Nick's uncap20s patch). You are talking about intrinsic values (which go from -125 to 125), which is a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by grimm4 View Post
    He also has some stats over 30 which is extreme (tackling, positioning). To give some further context, Messi doesn't even have any stats over 27 and he is considered by many to be the best talent of his generation, possibly ever. I am pretty sure that Van Dijk would still have the correct status that he deserves as an exceptional player with some of these freak stats lowered a bit.
    You cant compare the intrinsic values between players of different CAs and positions. The actual value used by the match engine is a factor of intrinsic AND CA, so those lower intrinsic from Messi might actually be stronger than those higher intrinsic from Dijk. And a attacking player needs to be good in more attributes than a defender, so his intrinsics are usually lower than a defender.

For a more accurate comparison between players of any CAs and positions, I recommend using the uncap20s patch from Nick. In fact, i recommend everyone thats giving feedback on the attributes to use that patch when reviewing attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I said that, but I was talking about the 1-20 values that you see in the game (which actually go up to 46 internally, and you can see it with Nick's uncap20s patch). You are talking about intrinsic values (which go from -125 to 125), which is a different thing.

You cant compare the intrinsic values between players of different CAs and positions. The actual value used by the match engine is a factor of intrinsic AND CA, so those lower intrinsic from Messi might actually be stronger than those higher intrinsic from Dijk. And a attacking player needs to be good in more attributes than a defender, so his intrinsics are usually lower than a defender.

For a more accurate comparison between players of any CAs and positions, I recommend using the uncap20s patch from Nick. In fact, i recommend everyone thats giving feedback on the attributes to use that patch when reviewing attributes.
    I have compared Van Dijk to other players in the database in the same position as well and his stats still seem to be insane. I understand your point though.

It would be interesting to see how he compares to say the best centre back in the ODB, I haven't checked that yet.

Where do you consider van Dijk to be in terms of being one of the best CB's? Top? Top 5? Top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Where do you consider van Dijk to be in terms of being one of the best CB's? Top? Top 5? Top 10?
    I have no problem with him being the best CB in the game, but I am not sure that he should quite so far ahead of every other CB in the database.

The update is superb the work gone into it is incredible! Only issue I have is the amount of goals across the league's in England is far greater than in real life.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyLufc89 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the great effort!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximilian01 For This Useful Post:

where can i see the favorite club of the player?

Quote Originally Posted by nirkochav View Post
    where can i see the favorite club of the player?
    Search for player in Editor then on one of the tabs I believe

hi all,

after the last update, why is it much harder to sell players who are very good and scores e.g. a lot or have a lot assists. Before this update generally a lot of clubs wanted my players. Now I cant sell them.
    even when im Celtic or Atletico Madrid. What do i need to change??

I posted this in the Spain section but didn't get a response, eventually found the right thread. See below.

- I took over Villarreal and the board is asking me to win the league. Villarreal have not won anything in their 98 years of history. Probably a bit ambitious.

I remember in the original database there are a bunch of teams in the 2nd division in Finland who expect European qualification.

Hi, do you have the same with the new database that it is much harder to sell players. Normally if I perfomed great with a team my players are wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by michel1984 View Post
    hi all,

after the last update, why is it much harder to sell players who are very good and scores e.g. a lot or have a lot assists. Before this update generally a lot of clubs wanted my players. Now I cant sell them.
    even when im Celtic or Atletico Madrid. What do i need to change??
    Got any examples of players?

Tried lowering value or setting to free?

If it is in first few months of the season then some logic was put into prevent buying players from other clubs