Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch +v9

vCash
    First thing... Thank you Saturn!

Second thing... I downloaded Nick Patcher and I see that some voices are disabled (I can't flag...)

Third thing... When I try to apply some misc. patches, game crashes when I started a new game... suggestions?

4th and last... Is there a patch that delete the second group stage of Champion's League ? (there was some years ago...)

Thanks a lot!

vCash
    Hi, just wondered if this patch includes up to date MLS teams? (Minnesota United, Portland Timbers etc?)

vCash
    Read the first post of the thread and you will find out.

vCash
    Does anyone know the trick to make players ages correct? Bruno Fernandes is 6!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_clarke_6 View Post
    Does anyone know the trick to make players ages correct? Bruno Fernandes is 6!
    You've probably applied patches incorrectly - start again (i.e uninstall and re-install)

vCash
    Tried that twice Not sure what i'm doing wrong i followed the instructions to a tee

vCash
    Guys I'm having an error, 12.10.2019 england league, error:

v3.9.68T scout_manager..cpp 762
    Then I press ok 2 times and the game closes.

anyone else having this error?

thanks in advance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    You've probably applied patches incorrectly - start again (i.e uninstall and re-install)
    Tried that twice Not sure what i'm doing wrong i followed the instructions to a tee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_clarke_6 View Post
    Uninstall everything - i.e game from control panel (add/remove programs) and also the CM folder in C/Program Files

Install game - then create a game - should be 3.9.60 in top left corner and 01/02 players. Check the ages

Install 3.9.68 patch - then create a game - should be 3.9.68 in top left corner and 01/02 players. Check the ages

Download and apply the 2020 March Data Update - then create a game - should be 3.9.68 in top left corner and 2020 players. Check the ages

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fabionlindeza View Post

thanks in advance

Able to "go on holiday" past the date?

Changed anything in an editor/CM Scout or any other tools etc?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Able to "go on holiday" past the date?

Changed anything in an editor/CM Scout or any other tools etc?
    I'm playing network game. I didn't changed anything. The game crashes, so I cant go on holidays. Now it's fine again, sometimes give me that error. No idea

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo07 View Post
    Thanks for checking, Ive set the CM exe properties to XP Service Pack 2, (which worked for V8+ albeit in olly), the game loads fine, but I get three columns for 800x600 resolution, if someone could look into this as I love playing it at that size and two columns of players. It seems like it was designed on 1024x768 as when I try to apply any changes in screen resolution it throws up errors such as,
    - coming up with an error when selecting the team drop down from the squad screen (so im Man Utd trying to look at the other prem league teams in the quick drop down). the message says "v3.9.68T Area..cpp 838", this also happens in drop down menus in the settings.

When I play it in 1024x768 it works with all the drop down menus fine with no error messages, although ive had to adjust my actual screen resolution size on my monitor. Patch looks great just need the issues of screen resolution sorting if possible. Maybe some who has the screen resolution set up for 800x600 could create an exe with the requirements I have posted above, I can then test that to see if that's the issue. Please remember im a windows vista user so that might have an influence.
    Does the exe from post#1 have the three columns or does it only happen after you use Nick's patcher (or something similar)?

Quote Originally Posted by fairedinkum View Post
    -Fixtures snip-

I'm a little concerned that at some point the game may have the finals pushed back to the following week a few years down the line and mess up the UCLF with call ups. Didn't you sort something on one of your patches to allow the UCLF to be played on the first Saturday in June without it affecting the international call ups?

Lastly, do you know the offset for the date of the League Two play-off final as where I've moved the FA Cup they're clashing at Wembley and the play-off gets pushed back to the following Wednesday?
    Regarding the CL final in June, no I had to move it forward a week to the end of May to avoid the international call ups clash you mention. I think the game calls up players 10 days (maybe two weeks, can't remember) before their country's first game in an international tournament: ideally I'd like to find that in the code and reduce it to a couple of days. Until then I don't think a June CL final date is possible.

League Two playoffs code:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by LLLorenzo View Post
    First thing... Thank you Saturn!

Second thing... I downloaded Nick Patcher and I see that some voices are disabled (I can't flag...)

Third thing... When I try to apply some misc. patches, game crashes when I started a new game... suggestions?

4th and last... Is there a patch that delete the second group stage of Champion's League ? (there was some years ago...)

Thanks a lot!
    Read the OP regarding Nick's patcher. The misc. patches are mostly already in this patch - what ones are you trying to add? There's no patch that updates the Champions League format (there has never been).

Quote Originally Posted by Boblington View Post
    Hi, just wondered if this patch includes up to date MLS teams? (Minnesota United, Portland Timbers etc?)
    The team names have been updated but it's still 12 teams in three conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by fabionlindeza View Post

thanks in advance
    I see you mention later it happens in a network game. Tbh I don't know how stable this patch will be on a network game (I thought they didn't work at all previously), but I've never seen that error in single player testing. I looked for the error in the code but I don't understand how it is triggered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Does the exe from post#1 have the three columns or does it only happen after you use Nick's patcher (or something similar)?
    I've had the same issue as prefer to play good old fashioned 800*600 and 2 columns.

It's only after using Nick's patcher from what I have been doing. I start my save just using the initial exe from post#1 then after it's set up I have been using John Locke's patch to add anything that isn't already setup.

Hope this helps.

vCash
    Hi guys.

Playing a game with English league and all other leagues running in the background. Max database with 8x speed. Get to 20 Feb 2020 and the game crashes with this error:
    v3.9.68T usa_mls..cpp 1819

Unable to holiday past the date.

Anyone else come across this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NRWicksted View Post
    Hi guys.

Playing a game with English league and all other leagues running in the background. Max database with 8x speed. Get to 20 Feb 2020 and the game crashes with this error:
    v3.9.68T usa_mls..cpp 1819

Unable to holiday past the date.

Anyone else come across this?

Saturn took a look at this error when a member upload thier save on his V7 patch - this was Saturn's reply (take a look a few posts up as well)

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...652#post437652

Also - another member posted the error quite a few years back - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...349#post161349

vCash
    I holidayed through around 10 seasons and the UCLF never got ruined by call ups, you were correct in saying that the call-ups are done 2 weeks in advance which as you say is a right pain in the backside and unrealistic

English wise I am all sorted now, no big cup final dates are conflicting and it's all as irl in regards to the layout of it all. I chose to turn off replays in the 3rd and 4th round of the FA Cup (I imagine we are 1-2 seasons away from that anyway) so as to save on congestion if I get to the latter stages of all comps plus play in the World Club Cup.

If you compete in the latter stages of 4-7 comps over the course of 1 season then you're in big trouble come mid April and end up playing silly games every other day which is ridicuous, it gets almost impossible to maintain the fitness levels needed to compete and you end up getting battered un a UCL semi for example which is quite frustrating.

Cheers for them offsets by the way, helped me out massively and I aligned all play-off finals over the Bank Holiday weekend at Wembley.

vCash
    Literally only problem I have is that players values are still not reflective of the real world. Virgil Van Dijk is about 37m on the game, even with the x2 applied. In reality he is worth 150m.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galactico87 View Post
    Literally only problem I have is that players values are still not reflective of the real world. Virgil Van Dijk is about 37m on the game, even with the x2 applied. In reality he is worth 150m.
    Change it from 2 to something else then?! (e.g 4) - in Nick Patch

vCash
    Hi, first off just a quick,everything worked perfectly for me.

I haven't playing football/championship manager for ages.

Whats the best currency inflation to set?
    If I start a new game with say wolves,they have like 160m of a transfer budget

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    Hi, first off just a quick,everything worked perfectly for me.

I haven't playing football/championship manager for ages.

Whats the best currency inflation to set?
    If I start a new game with say wolves,they have like 160m of a transfer budget

Fiddle around with it choosing a few different until you are happy

2 to 2.5 looks about right for "Modern Day" finances

vCash
    I don't know if this is the correct topic to address this matter, but in any case, since I see that Saturn and other people are capable to get to see the code and fix things, let me note the following:

I start the game with Aris in the Greek league. However, no matter how many times I start, in the group stage (first stage) of the Greek Cup I always get Panionios in my group.

This happens also in the Tapani patch that I used to use in previous data updates.

The same thing happens for many many consecutive years in the game. Every year, I always get to play with Panionios in the group stage of Greek cup.

So maybe you could get to search for any bug in the draw of Greek Cup games.

Thanks.

vCash
    This made me curious so I started a few games in Greece to see for myself. Here is who Aris drew in the Group Stage of the Greek Cup:

3.9.68 data
    Game 1: Apollon K, Kalamata, Proodeftiki
    Game 2: Ethnikos, Kalamata, Proodeftiki
    Game 3: Agersani, Kalamata, Proodeftiki
    Game 4: Ethnikos, Kalamata, Proodeftiki
    Game 5: Apollon L, Kalamata, Proodeftiki

Latest Update
    Game 6: Apollon L, Panionios, Pierikos
    Game 7: Apollon L, Nakedonikos, Panionios
    Game 8: Apollon L, Panionios, Panseriakos
    Game 9: Acheron Kanalakiou, Apollon L, Panionios
    Game 10: Apollon L, Kalamata, Panionios

After the final five games, I wondered if it is about previous league positions. The two constants, Apollon L and Panionios finished 3rd in B and 6th in A respectively. Aris finished 5th in A.
    So back to the 3.9.68 data and the team finishing 5th in A was Xanthi, so we'll run a quick test with them, and see if they draw 3rd in B (Kavala) and 6th in A (Iraklis). The answer is no, they didn't. Perhaps the groups are arranged by considering reputation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Does the exe from post#1 have the three columns or does it only happen after you use Nick's patcher (or something similar)?.
    Thank you for replying, it seems that when I try playing before nicks patcher is applied, it loads in 800x600 with no problems (two column's of players and no error messages when selecting team drop downs), albeit without coloured attributes and the other options that I might change. But it works non the less.

The moment I apply Nicks Patcher (the one in this thread link is the one I downloaded CM0102PatcherV124), its causes all sorts of screen/display issues in 800x600 size, up until 1024x768, and in that size it has three columns of players.

Not sure on what the fix could be unless you could create an exe with the following options please Saturn, and I could give that a try as well.

Game Speed : x2
    Idle Sensitivity : Desktop
    Window : 800x600
    Disable unprotected Contracts : Yes
    Coloured Attributes : Yes
    Hid Non-public bids : No
    New Values : Yes

Ive also asked my friend to try it on his laptop, which runs from Windows 7 and he gets exactly the same issues in graphics/screen size.

I know its a pain but if I could try an exe file with those options above that would be great?

Many thanks for the support

vCash
    What happens if you change display settings to 100%

Then re-start laptop

Then on Nick's patcher choose 800x600?

The game is fine but you have other screen issues? (and that is the problem/issue?)

vCash
    its causes all sorts of screen/display issues in 800x600 size
    What do you mean by this? (can you post a screenshot?) And what settings are you using in the patcher? What happens if you just leave all the default settings?
    I would suggest starting from complete scratch (full reinstall of champman, apply 3.9.68 patch, copy saturn data files over, copy city.dat, copy cm0102.exe, then patch)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast