Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch +v9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    This made me curious so I started a few games in Greece to see for myself. Here is who Aris drew in the Group Stage of the Greek Cup:

3.9.68 data
    Game 1: Apollon K, Kalamata, Proodeftiki
    Game 2: Ethnikos, Kalamata, Proodeftiki
    Game 3: Agersani, Kalamata, Proodeftiki
    Game 4: Ethnikos, Kalamata, Proodeftiki
    Game 5: Apollon L, Kalamata, Proodeftiki

Latest Update
    Game 6: Apollon L, Panionios, Pierikos
    Game 7: Apollon L, Nakedonikos, Panionios
    Game 8: Apollon L, Panionios, Panseriakos
    Game 9: Acheron Kanalakiou, Apollon L, Panionios
    Game 10: Apollon L, Kalamata, Panionios

After the final five games, I wondered if it is about previous league positions. The two constants, Apollon L and Panionios finished 3rd in B and 6th in A respectively. Aris finished 5th in A.
    So back to the 3.9.68 data and the team finishing 5th in A was Xanthi, so we'll run a quick test with them, and see if they draw 3rd in B (Kavala) and 6th in A (Iraklis). The answer is no, they didn't. Perhaps the groups are arranged by considering reputation?

Indeed it is not the previous league positions.

Moreover, I'm afraid it may also not by reputation, since during previous games, while I was playing for many many years (a few decades ) 95% of the time I still got the same team. Is it possible for so many years and so many saves for a team to be in the same position in the reputation scale? I think not.

In my latest game, I still get the same situation. Note that not only the first division team is recurring (Panionios) but also the second division team (Apollon Larisas)

Anyway, as I said it is not strictly patch-related but it would be interesting to find out why the draw of greek cup has this bug and maybe fix it.

Latest save:

1st season: Asteras Iteas, Panionios, Apollon Larisas
    2nd season: Makedonikos, Panionios, Apollon Larisas
    3rd season: Niki Agathias, Panionios, Apollon Larisas
    4th season: Acharnaikos, OFI, Volos
    5th season: Ethnikos, Panionios, Egaleo
    6th season: Ermionida, Panionios, Apollon Larisas

(There was no change of division either for Panionios or for Apollon Larisas during all these seasons)

vCash
    @Godliman: It's your system not letting you edit exe files. Turn off any virus checkers, etc before using (and make sure it runs as Administrator - even though it should *only* be able to run as Administrator - maybe it's doing something weird on your machine). You can also try copying your Championship Manager directory to your desktop, try and patch the exe in there instead and click the "Make executable portable" option when you patch it. Then run it from your desktop. That sometimes works better.

vCash
    Saturn I want a patch with new values
    Nick's Patch does not work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boss4399 View Post
    Why doesn't it work - can you give more information please?

vCash
    Nick's patch isn't a patch either, it's a patcher which means you run the patcher, select the options you want and then apply them to the cm0102.exe that already incorporates saturn's changes.

vCash
    Mark/R69: I learnt a while back to just put boss4399 on your ignore list - I recommend doing the same.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    Mark/R69: I learnt a while back to just put boss4399 on your ignore list - I recommend doing the same.
    It is not your taste to treat someone who wants to fix their problem in this way
    I have always liked this forum because of its quick responses and an attempt to fix the problem of people
    But your response was not expected in this forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Why doesn't it work - can you give more information please?
    When I open Nick's Patch, select the options I want and then click Apply
    These words came: could not load file or assemply system core, version3.5.0.0 =

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Nick's patch isn't a patch either, it's a patcher which means you run the patcher, select the options you want and then apply them to the cm0102.exe that already incorporates saturn's changes.
    Yes, that's what I meant. I want CM0102.EXE to have new values without going to Nick's Patch Saturn was created me CM0102.exe, but this was in the October database2019

vCash
    hi error 17353, any info ?
    tnx

vCash
    It is not your taste to treat someone who wants to fix their problem in this way
    I have always liked this forum because of its quick responses and an attempt to fix the problem of people
    But your response was not expected in this forum
    Hi Boss4399,

you have to understand that they make these patches/updates for FREE and spend their time giving us an updated game.

To keep it easy, just follow the rules/instructions.
    If you have any problems and would like to provide some more information, I'm sure someone will help you out.

The patcher is very easy to use, if you follow the isntructions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakaZulu View Post
    hi error 17353, any info ?
    tnx
    Take a look for possible solutions here - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...ht=error+17353

vCash
    I got an error match_man..cpp 1225 for a few time, newest database and saturn patch.
    ENG, ITA, GER, SPA league. Second season.
    Click ok and game are still continue but it's really annoying.
    I try go to holiday but that error keep coming back.

vCash
    I still get the 5809 error, followed your instructions to a tee too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by markuse View Post
    I got an error match_man..cpp 1225 for a few time, newest database and saturn patch.
    ENG, ITA, GER, SPA league. Second season.
    Click ok and game are still continue but it's really annoying.
    I try go to holiday but that error keep coming back.
    Me too, same leagues + Polish league. Second season, i got many errors match 1225

vCash
    @Koller+Markuse: Could either of you upload your saved game anywhere just before you hit the error? So we could see it for ourselves?

vCash
    I've followed the installation instructions as per the original post yet I cant start a new game due to the errors stating 'Unable to find the GERMAN_ FIRST_DIVISION index'
    I click Ok and then it says the same for what looks like every club and player competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laffs View Post
    I've followed the installation instructions as per the original post yet I cant start a new game due to the errors stating 'Unable to find the GERMAN_ FIRST_DIVISION index'
    I click Ok and then it says the same for what looks like every club and player competition.
    Looks like you are using an incorrect .exe for the new data

Follow Saturn's instructions carefully

If in doubt, uninstall and start again from his instructions

vCash
    Query!

Is there a way for the retired player not to regenerate into a player with the same nationality?

vCash
    @Koller+Markuse: Could either of you upload your saved game anywhere just before you hit the error? So we could see it for ourselves?
    Oops, I have already deleted that save, sorry. Maybe I will make a new one and go holiday full-time to see what happens when I have some free time. But I believe that's not a rare error, some people also have it too.

vCash
    First off, thanks to all of you who have done such sterling work with the updates and patches over the years, pretty incredible stuff.

I've been reading through the posts about encountered issues with this latest patch from Saturn. I've noticed that when creating a new game all leagues that start in 2019/2020 seem to be operating without any issue. I tend to enjoy playing with a fair number of leagues running at same time (either in foreground or background). The Brazilian league will also load up no problem alongside leagues running 2019/2020 - BUT - I've noticed that the first set of fixtures for this league are pencilled in for August 2020 (not 2019 which is the start year for all the other leagues).

I started a game with China (as well as France, Italy, Spain, England and a few other big European leagues), but the game crashed just before the end of 2019, no reason, just a very hard crash. Now I wonder if it was owing to the China leagues needing to update for their new season...Unlike in Brazil the Chinese league is halfway through its season when you start the game (using say England as your starting league rather than Brazil).

So I have tried to create a new game with the big 5 European leagues + 1 of; Japan, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, USA - the game never gets past creating shortlists, it just hard crashes.

Just wondering if there is an issue causing these crashes owing to any redesign in Olly of fixtures for the leagues that run on a calendar year basis? If I'm right all of those 5 leagues are the same as China in that they would be halfway through their seasons if starting a game with leagues running 2019-2020. Not sure why Brazil is set up differently...

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

vCash
    @Godliman: It's your system not letting you edit exe files. Turn off any virus checkers, etc before using (and make sure it runs as Administrator - even though it should *only* be able to run as Administrator - maybe it's doing something weird on your machine). You can also try copying your Championship Manager directory to your desktop, try and patch the exe in there instead and click the "Make executable portable" option when you patch it. Then run it from your desktop. That sometimes works better.
    Thanks Nick - that's worked a treat!

A number of the options in the patcher are greyed out though. i wanted to be able to enable the 7 substitutes option but don't have the ability to do so?

vCash
    When moving from the previous Saturn version to the new one, is it better to uninstall everything and following the steps outlined in the OP?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    When moving from the previous Saturn version to the new one, is it better to uninstall everything and following the steps outlined in the OP?
    Yep - for sure!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Erm, the Saturn v8 patch was the first time I installed a patch (despite using the data updates for years) - how do I "uninstall" patches? Just delete the entire game?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast