Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch +v9

Patch +v9

New update, new patch.

What is this?
    This is a patch which combines the most recent release from the Update team with the latest discoveries from the Patches forum. It incorporates the March 2020 update, Tapani's 2.22 patch, the latest renaming patch, and other smaller things from the Patches forum like the restructuring of certain leagues.

In short, it's a patch that is designed to make the game as realistic as possible for 2019/20.

Here are the changes from v8 to v9:
    Spoiler!

A complete list of changes (v1-v9 inclusive) is at the end of this post.

What do I need to play?
    You will need a new Data folder and a new cm0102.exe file to play. Please read the rest of this post fully.

Data folder:
    The following Data folder must be used: +v9 Data. The data here is 99% based on the update team's March 2020 release, so full credit to them. In order for the data to be compatible with the new cm0102.exe, some alterations had to be made, which means that the above Data folder is essential. No other Data folder will be compatible with this patch, only the one linked above. Delete the Data folder in your Championship Manager folder and extract/unzip the new Data folder from +v9 Data.zip. Copy and paste that Data folder into your Championship Manager folder.

In addition to this, you will need the city.dat file from the March 2020 update. Download the March 2020 update from here and copy and paste the city.dat file from that into the Data folder in your Championship Manager folder. (The reason for this extra step is give the update team a better reflection of how many people use their work. Previously some people might've just waited for the +v9/8/7 patch to come out and not download their update at all. This way everyone downloads their release too, giving the update team a better idea of how many people appreciate their work.)

Now you just need a new cm0102.exe.

cm0102.exe:
    Your game needs to have been updated to version 3.9.68. You can check what version you're currently using by starting a game and looking to the top left hand corner. If it doesn't say 3.9.68 (or 3.9.68T), you'll need to update your game. Download the official 3.9.68 patch from here and run it. The vast majority of updates and patches are built for 3.9.68 so updating to this version is essential.

Next, download this patched cm0102.exe. Copy and paste this file into your Championship Manager folder, replacing the exe already there. This exe has all the +v9 changes on it and in terms of Tapani options it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/mMdTUU3.png (if you don't know what these options mean, see the Patch History part of post #3).

People can then apply their preferred options by using Nick's patcher. Download the latest patcher, currently v1.24. Open it and select the options that you desire. You'll notice that some options have been disabled: they are either already in the +v9 patch or are not compatible with the +v9 patch. If you wish to play with new values (like this), set the Currency Inflation option to 2.00 (you'll have to change the currency to £x2/Eurox2 in the Game Settings too). Select the options you want and then press the Apply button.

Optional files:
    Here are the .patches used in making +v9: .patches collection. These are only here to satisfy other patchers' curiosity and for those that want to try applying them to different exes or databases. No need to download for the vast majority of users. In the cumulative changes file I have added the version that each patch was first implemented, to make it easier to find things.

So, to summarise the instructions:
    1. Install the game and apply the official 3.9.68 patch.
    2. Download the new Data folder and extract it. Delete the Data folder currently in your Championship Manager folder and paste the new Data folder in there.
    3. Download the March 2020 update and extract the city.dat file only. Copy and paste it into your new Data folder.
    4. Download the patched cm0102.exe from here. Copy and paste it into your Championship Manager folder, overwriting the file already there.
    5. Download Nick's patcher, select the options you desire, and play.

It is advised that you run the cm0102.exe that you download in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3). To do this, right click on the cm0102.exe that you've downloaded and select Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Also make sure that you're running the game as an administrator. Your properties tab should look like this.

I've added a bug list/FAQs to post #2. If you have any issues with the patch, please read that post first as it is likely your issue will have already been addressed.

Here is the complete list of changes from Tapani 2.22 to +v9 (known issues included at the end):
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by saturn; 25-03-20 at 07:46 AM.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Here is where all known bugs, errors and common FAQs are listed.

Pre-game issues: Errors that prevent you from starting a new game.

• v3.9.68 index..cpp 5809 error(s): There is a mismatch between the Data folder and cm0102.exe used.
      Solution: Download the patched cm0102.exe from post#1 and move it into your Championship Manager folder, overwriting the file there.

• v3.9.68T Setup..cpp 1672 error: You are missing the city.dat file in your Data folder.
      Solution: Download the October 2019 update and copy and paste the city.dat file from there into your Data folder.

• Game freezes during 'Initialising game data': You have the wrong euro.cfg file in your Data folder.
      Solution: Delete the euro.cfg file that's currently in your Data folder, and copy and paste the euro.cfg file from the Data folder in post#1.

• Network games can not be created: For some unknown reason, Network games fail to be created.
      Solution: None, unlikely to be fixed.

• Unable to find the GERMAN_FIRST_DIVISION index (and many other indexes): There is a mismatch between the Data folder and cm0102.exe used.
      Solution: Download the Data folder from post#1.

Hard crashes: These are bugs that will cause your game to crash, and upon reloading your game will crash again in the same manner (usually on the same date). These bugs are terminal to a save game, though modifications to your exe may still be able to save them.

• Argentine Primera B Nacional Average Points bug:
      A bug that has been present since 3.9.60, this is caused by the Average Points table in the Argentine Primera B Nacional being coded incorrectly. In fact, most of the Argentine Primera B is coded wrong, with teams from Group 1 much more likely to reach the playoffs at the end of the season. The crash will occur on August 1st as that is the date the game will try and reset the Argentine league tables for the new season. Not selecting the Argentine league will result in this bug not occurring. Save games may be salvageable by using a modified exe.

• English National League North. 78:
      Slightly different from the other bugs in this category in that it will only occur when creating a new game. This is caused by clicking the 'Select All' button in the 'Select League(s)' screen, and then deselecting England. This results in the game trying to load the English National League North without the English league itself being selected, hence the crash.

• Season update bug:
      The game will crash when the season updates in July, usually during the second of the two summer updates. The cause is unknown but the solution is to change the compatibility mode of the cm0102.exe (right click on the cm0102.exe file and click on the Compatibility tab and select one of the options). This seems to occur a lot for Windows 10 users: setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) seems to fix the issue, but different compatibility modes work for others.

• transfer_offer..cpp 153:
      Seems to be quite a rare crash, caused by something introduced in +v4. Given that it's to do with transfers, the bug can probably occur regardless of the league(s) selected. Save games may be salvageable by using a modified exe.

Soft crashes: These are bugs that will cause your game to crash, but upon reloading your game will continue past the date of the previous crash without issue. These bugs are not terminal to a save game, and the effect of them can be reduced by saving often.

• ruling_body bug:
      A crash that occurs without any error popping up. Quite rare, it is probably caused by the OFC Champions League and only seems to occur in January. It might also be connected to the discipline..cpp 1149 error below.

Errors: These are errors that pop up in your game that you can just click past without any crash occuring. There won't be any immediate negative effect on your save, but obviously it's preferable that they don't occur at all.

• contract_manager..cpp 5941:
      Unknown cause.

• cup..cpp 1450 / cup..cpp 4561:
      Unknown cause.

• discipline..cpp 1149:
      Unknown cause. Might be connected to the ruling_body soft crash above.

• match_eng error:
      Caused by an AI team not being able to name a full eleven players for a game (even including grey players). This usually only occurs in the first season, when teams have lots of players loaned out and then suffer several injuries to their remaining players. It can also occur if an international fixture clashes with a European continental competition fixture. This can potentially become a hard crash if an AI team (or a holidaying human team) can't name any players at all for a match. If an error occurs during your game, screenshot the message and post it in this thread.

FAQs/Other: Commonly asked questions and other minor issues.

• Editing the database further:
      I have ran into issues with the editor while making this patch whereby it will not load after changes have been made. After saving any changes you have made in the editor, I would suggest you immediately try and reopen the editor to make sure that no errors have occured. Any further editing of the database will be at your own risk really.

• No CD cracks:
      This patch has not been made with a No CD cracked exe (and due to the rules of the forum none will ever be created by me). That means you will have to either burn or mount an image of the cm0102.iso.

• Scottish Championship playoffs:
      These are not the same as the real life playoffs. Instead, this is the version of playoffs that were scheduled for the 1999/2000 season and which lay dormant in the exe. They were re-enabled, as having some version of the playoffs was more realistic than having no playoffs at all.

• Values too low - don't match the screenshots in post#1:
      Make sure you have changed the Currency Inflation to 2.00 in Nick's patcher and select the £x2 (or Eurox2) option from Game Settings --> Currency.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

Patch history
    Spoiler!

Patch database files tutorial
    Spoiler!

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Didn't expect this so soon, many thanks Saturn as usual, am on it now, you know I'm gonna check network play don't you

Hi Saturn,
    may be you can add below offset from Nick+Co to improve club financials during contract signing by reducing signing on fee
    This will improve club finances a lot. The reason of bankrupt clubs is mostly paying high signing fees to their own players. Also, transfer ability of all clubs will improve .
    https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...963#post465963

Network play (like SV8) will only work using Radmin software, as oppose to the usual Hamachi. The IP number naturally is slightly different, and although when you click 'Network Play' initially, the black DOS screen flicks om/off, dont worry, a game will start up. The compatibility must remain as stated, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Saturn - is there a simple way to alter the Eng Transfer Deadline back to how it used to be? end of Aug? I think I read a while back, that this was going to be the case IRL

I've also applied the point deduction from the SV8 where Bolton and Bury both start with -12 points, and thats all worked fine.

Note, I only done my testing on a minimum database in Eng

Hi Saturn, so many thanks for this. As a mac user i can't run the patchers. Can get all other cm01/02 stuff to run but these. If i had pc i wouldn't bother you with this , or anyone else for that matter.

Could i possibly request a couple of patched 'exe files'. If anyone else could do them for me that would be great. (Saturn already does enough). Once for laptop and one for desktop.

new values
    speed 200
    coloured attributes
    800x600

Many thanks in advance.

Crikey - got this out super quick Saturn

Incredible stuff as always mate

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mjando24 View Post
    Hi Saturn, so many thanks for this. As a mac user i can't run the patchers. Can get all other cm01/02 stuff to run but these. If i had pc i wouldn't bother you with this , or anyone else for that matter.

Could i possibly request a couple of patched 'exe files'. If anyone else could do them for me that would be great. (Saturn already does enough). Once for laptop and one for desktop.

new values
    speed 200
    coloured attributes
    800x600

Many thanks in advance.
    It´s very easy to make, just follow the instructions

The fastest patch ever! Thanks man! Will make a lot of people a little happier considering all

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bruebous For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bruebous View Post
    The fastest patch ever! Thanks man! Will make a lot of people a little happier considering all
    Dude the patcher does not run on mac. I know its easy i just can't get the patcher to run on my machine. Therefore i need someone else to provide the exe after its been patched etc.

In the time it took for your helpful comment you probably could have done it for me!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mjando24 For This Useful Post:

incredible work Saturn and all of update team.well done to all

Thank you Saturn, downloading now

Can I just check that those of us still using windows vista, that we cant access service pack 3 and need to still run it through olly debug program?

Can I ask for some help please? Trying to get this patch working on Windows Vista with not much luck. I have followed the instructions on here to the letter 3 times, but seem to end up with a team screen that has three columns of players and im not sure what I have done wrong.

Going to delete everything and start again tomorrow but if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

If someone could also make me an EXE with the following settings please that would be great, so I can test that EXE file tomorrow?

Game Speed : x2
    Idle Sensitivity : Desktop
    Window : 800x600
    Disable Unprotected Contracts : yes
    Coloured tributes : yes
    Hide Non-Public Bids : no
    New Values : Yes

Turkey league in the games error

Errors :(

Errors when creating a new Saturn 9 save - screen freezes

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBruce View Post
    What error message?
    When?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo07 View Post
    Can I ask for some help please? Trying to get this patch working on Windows Vista with not much luck. I have followed the instructions on here to the letter 3 times, but seem to end up with a team screen that has three columns of players and im not sure what I have done wrong.

Going to delete everything and start again tomorrow but if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

If someone could also make me an EXE with the following settings please that would be great, so I can test that EXE file tomorrow?

Game Speed : x2
    Idle Sensitivity : Desktop
    Window : 800x600
    Disable Unprotected Contracts : yes
    Coloured tributes : yes
    Hide Non-Public Bids : no
    New Values : Yes
    Did you have Nick's Patch running before? Also could be a display setting issue if you had 3 columns of players before

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yasingzt View Post
    Think Saturn may need some more information on this mate

Yeah I have had nick's patcher before but had to run CM 01/02 through olly

I tried a few different things on the set ups, properties, but couldn't find a solution. Can you think of what setting it could be as I try to apply 800x600, I tried another couple of screen resolutions with no luck.

If someone could create the exe file I can try that please and see if that's the issue.

Yeah I have had nick's patcher before but had to run CM 01/02 through olly

I tried a few different things on the set ups, properties, but couldn't find a solution. Can you think of what setting it could be as I try to apply 800x600, I tried another couple of screen resolutions with no luck.

If someone could create the exe file I can try that please and see if that's the issue.
    I'm using new laptop now so I just tried 3 different resolutions with the final step here and Nicks patcher

800x600 is too small (but 2 columns of players on squad screen)

1200x800 (recommended but too big) - has 3 columns of players on squad screen

So - I've settled on 1024x768 which is right size for me - has 3 columns of players on squad screen which I've never played before but will give it a whirl!

Are you saying you do not see this if trying the above?

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Chinese Super League rules are now 4 foreign players + 1 on the bench (so I guess 5 foreign players) in the match squad

Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    Hi Saturn,
    may be you can add below offset from Nick+Co to improve club financials during contract signing by reducing signing on fee
    This will improve club finances a lot. The reason of bankrupt clubs is mostly paying high signing fees to their own players. Also, transfer ability of all clubs will improve .
    https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...963#post465963
    Unfortunately I didn't/don't have time to add any features to the new patch (the couple I did add were necessary to fit the database). So you'll have to use Nick's patcher yourself to add things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Network play (like SV8) will only work using Radmin software, as oppose to the usual Hamachi. The IP number naturally is slightly different, and although when you click 'Network Play' initially, the black DOS screen flicks om/off, dont worry, a game will start up. The compatibility must remain as stated, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Saturn - is there a simple way to alter the Eng Transfer Deadline back to how it used to be? end of Aug? I think I read a while back, that this was going to be the case IRL

I've also applied the point deduction from the SV8 where Bolton and Bury both start with -12 points, and thats all worked fine.

Note, I only done my testing on a minimum database in Eng
    Glad to hear network games work, I thought they didn't at all on v8.

For the English windows, save the following as a .patch file and use Nick's patcher to apply it:
    0x179c0b 0x5 0x6
    0x179c13 0x3 0xff
    0x179c14 0x11 0x1f

The point deductions are already in v9 btw so you don't need to add them.

Can I just check that those of us still using windows vista, that we cant access service pack 3 and need to still run it through olly debug program?
    However you ran v8 will be necessary again for v9 I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by yasingzt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBruce View Post
    Details guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I'm using new laptop now so I just tried 3 different resolutions with the final step here and Nicks patcher

You can change your computer's resolution to something smaller and the 800x600 window will fill more of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Chinese Super League rules are now 4 foreign players + 1 on the bench (so I guess 5 foreign players) in the match squad
    To be used with Nick's patcher:
    0x26e73b 0x4 0x5
    0x26e765 0x3 0x5

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post

1200x800 (recommended but too big) - has 3 columns of players on squad screen

So - I've settled on 1024x768 which is right size for me - has 3 columns of players on squad screen which I've never played before but will give it a whirl!

Are you saying you do not see this if trying the above?
    Thanks for checking, Ive set the CM exe properties to XP Service Pack 2, (which worked for V8+ albeit in olly), the game loads fine, but I get three columns for 800x600 resolution, if someone could look into this as I love playing it at that size and two columns of players. It seems like it was designed on 1024x768 as when I try to apply any changes in screen resolution it throws up errors such as,
    - coming up with an error when selecting the team drop down from the squad screen (so im Man Utd trying to look at the other prem league teams in the quick drop down). the message says "v3.9.68T Area..cpp 838", this also happens in drop down menus in the settings.

When I play it in 1024x768 it works with all the drop down menus fine with no error messages, although ive had to adjust my actual screen resolution size on my monitor. Patch looks great just need the issues of screen resolution sorting if possible. Maybe some who has the screen resolution set up for 800x600 could create an exe with the requirements I have posted above, I can then test that to see if that's the issue. Please remember im a windows vista user so that might have an influence.

thanks a lot saturn. i can play turkish league without any problem now.
    just i want to say something

when i try to copy past March 2020 data update (this is step3) to data folder (this is step 2)
    always recieve Unable to find the GERMAN_FIRST_DIVISION index (and many other indexes) error

so i try to copy past only city.dat file (not whole folder) to data folder
    than game works very well.
    after finish season. i will inform again.

thanks a lot.

saturn

Firstly top man for continuing to do this stuff for others, I'm glad and really appreciatative that someone on here loves this game to be as close to real life as I do, I just wish I had your brains to be able to help out.

One thing I noticed was that the FA Cup and Champions League finals were both on the same day (Saturday 23/05/20). Naturally I pushed the Champions League final back a week to 30/05/20 using Olly but then ran into the problem of players getting called up to the Euro's on 23/05/20 (EVE) and being away for the final (this was checked via various tests).

I moved a few things around to get the following as close to real life as I could:

Premier League finishes on Sunday 10/05/20
    FA Cup final on Saturday 16/05/20
    Europa League final on Wednesday 20/05/20
    Champions League final on Saturday 23/05/20

I'm a little concerned that at some point the game may have the finals pushed back to the following week a few years down the line and mess up the UCLF with call ups. Didn't you sort something on one of your patches to allow the UCLF to be played on the first Saturday in June without it affecting the international call ups?

Lastly, do you know the offset for the date of the League Two play-off final as where I've moved the FA Cup they're clashing at Wembley and the play-off gets pushed back to the following Wednesday?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast