Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New and Updated Stadium Backgrounds Collection (800*600)

New and Updated Stadium Backgrounds Collection (800*600)

I have created a new Stadium Backgrounds collection which you can download here.

If you wish to see the pics.cfg to see what is included, follow this link.

Back up your existing Pictures folder if necessary, then simply extract the contents of this archive into your Championship Manager 01-02/Pictures folder.

This colection is an attempt to ensure stadium backgrounds are included for as many teams as possible within CM0102. While it was not practical to attempt to collect images from every team (and not possible in some cases), the vast majority of clubs that you can take over at the start of the game have been included. This is the case both for the official 3.9.68 data, and also for the most recent data update (March 20202). The following leagues have not been covered:

Argentine Second Division
    Belgian Third Division
    Brazilian Third Division
    Croatian Second Division
    Danish Second Division
    Finnish First Division
    Italian Serie C
    Polish Second Division
    Portuguese Second Division B
    Spanish Second Division B
    Swedish Second Division
    Turkish Second Division B

In addition, particularly in the 3.9.68 data, there are many stadiums that share a name (Olimpico, Comumnal, Central, Spartak, Ciudad Deportiva, etc). In this case you will find that the correct image does not always show. You may wish to edit your database with the official CM0102 editor to rectify this issue.

If you find any errors then please outline these on the champman0102 forums, and fixes can be implemented.
    Last edited by Alan; 11-04-20 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Updated link to php instead of direct download

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

are they 800x600?

Yes. I will ammend the thread title so this is clear.
    Last edited by Alan; 10-04-20 at 09:19 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

Hi i have downloaded the file but it wont let me open it. its trying to use notepad to open it what programme is best to open the file ?

WinRar

"Multiple Choices
    The document name you requested (/cm/Pictures.rar) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
    Available documents:

/cm/Pictures (common basename)"

The link in this thread works.

got it. how do i use the winrar app to convert it?

Link for download is not working

Hi Great Pictures, bit of a novice to this, but I have installed new pack and every time I click on team or its plays a match then I get current stadium photo which is great but when I click on a player their picture that was once themselves is just now a floodlighted training pic, have I done something wrong ? or is there a new player pack updated recently??

I can't get this to work with the new update and saturn 9/ Nick's patcher. I've tried changing it to 800 x 600. It converts them all, but game won't load up.

Any screens of some of the stads?

cheers

- - - Updated - - -

how long this all take you mate?

The only screens i have are the 9 I put up on the linked webpage. Any specific request?
    As for time, no idea. I think I started the project in early March by sifting out the unsuitable images in the older packs, so around 5-6 weeks as and when I could be bothered.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Supagrova1973 View Post
    Hi Great Pictures, bit of a novice to this, but I have installed new pack and every time I click on team or its plays a match then I get current stadium photo which is great but when I click on a player their picture that was once themselves is just now a floodlighted training pic, have I done something wrong ? or is there a new player pack updated recently??
    You have overwritten your original pics.cfg file which had the player image details in it. I would suggest you copy these lines from the backup of your pics folder that I suggested is made in the opening post.

Quote Originally Posted by freederry View Post
    I can't get this to work with the new update and saturn 9/ Nick's patcher. I've tried changing it to 800 x 600. It converts them all, but game won't load up.
    There is no need to convert the images in this pack. They are already 800*600.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanhunter39 View Post
    got it. how do i use the winrar app to convert it?
    You don't convert anything. You use WinRar to extract the files into the required folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The only screens i have are the 9 I put up on the linked webpage. Any specific request?
    As for time, no idea. I think I started the project in early March by sifting out the unsuitable images in the older packs, so around 5-6 weeks as and when I could be bothered.

Have you still got the bmp files of the pics?

No, but I have RGN Converter.

Even when I haven't converted them it still won't let me load a game. When i delete all the new pictures (keeping only the original game ones) will the game run. Any ideas Alan?

No idea, but I can assure you it is not a fault with the pictures, so there must be something else going on at your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No, but I have RGN Converter.
    was trying to figure out a way to keep all my pics and have these as well, i bet i prob have some of the ones you have used

ive d/loaded and extracted them into the folder im using for saturns patch, that should work eh? ill get a look at them in there

Thanks! Installing now!

@freederry: I tried it with a Saturn v9 patched version of the game and it worked great. I'd say reinstall everything from scratch and try again.

This is amazing! I just want to make a few small edits as suggested in the original post, how do I do it? I'm struggling to change the backgrounds for a few clubs so that they're always correct.

Thanks!

I think I need to edit, the CFG file right? Anyone know how I can do that? It won't let me save without permission from the author...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarmanji View Post
    This is amazing! I just want to make a few small edits as suggested in the original post, how do I do it? I'm struggling to change the backgrounds for a few clubs so that they're always correct.

Thanks!

I think I need to edit, the CFG file right? Anyone know how I can do that? It won't let me save without permission from the author...
    Adding Backgrounds to your Game

Thanks! Another annoying question, I tried loading up two stadium backgrounds but both loaded up with a red tinge to the picture. Has anyone else experienced this?

Alan

In your reply to Supagrova1973 you mention overwriting your original pics.cfg file. I have not overwritten it, I've moved the original folder to a USB as backup but skipped the overwrite so I may have 2 pics.cfg files in the folder now and I've kept the original pictures too in the folder with the new file. Will all of this still work smoothly or will the original pics and pics.cfg file being still in the folder cause issues?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast