Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season 93/94 for 0001

As promised here's the 22 I'll take (thought it would be 23 as nowadays): https://imgur.com/nGcEBoO

Some Portuguese people around here will probably laugh (a lot) to some of the names (some classics that didn't do so well irl) but I think this is the strongest group I can take atm.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

And that's the season finished and the World Cup done. The joys of days off!

Starting with Liverpool, the end of season was a bit weird, partially due to the lack of quality alternatives at the back and tiredness on some key members. It seemed all the teams entered a parallel competition in which we were trying to see who lost more points and more games. Here's a screen: https://imgur.com/lMSaJxr

The league ended like this: https://imgur.com/dlTwq7b

It was weird to say the least but eventually we finished with just less 5 points than the previous season so not that bad in the end. Fowler, Stevie G and Dwight Yorke all contributed massively to this one.

Nottingham and their 442 narrow diamond are oficially my bogey team knocking me out of FA cup, beating me in the league cup final and beating me in the league. So annoying. Gives me motivation to win the FA cup, the only trophy in England remaining to be won.

In the Champions League lady luck was clearly on our side with a super easy path to the final. We still had to go to a penalty shootout in the semis against Teplice though. In the final an easy win against PSG: https://imgur.com/NJ69UIA
    Before the final I put the CL TV intro from the season 97/98 and the memories!

This was a bizarre season in a way I didn't felt like being the strongest so I want to keep going and improving on what I've done and create sort of a dinasty like Liverpool in the 80's. For this reason I kept my squad almost intact adding a couple of players in key areas. Full backs, centre back and a player to compete with Yorke. A certain mr. Van Nistelrooy (AMC on this update). Here's a screenie with the squad: https://imgur.com/0GMViQI

Liverpool has been different from my previous experience with Juventus. The board has invested in the youth facilities which in turn gave me some youngsters to mould for the future so I can definitely see my self being here for a couple more years and build on top of what I have.

Also it's nice to see little details like https://imgur.com/FB0989M
    Makes me imagine in my head people being happy and going to Anfield to see us playing. Ah the joys of CM and the things you imagine in your head!

In case someone is wondering I play with GFRay Fibonacci tactic against Aaelon tactic pack. Sometimes I win and sometimes I delete the save after a few games. It's my favourite and the one that brings the results more consistently. It's challenging because it "forces" me to have complete attention to the game and tinkering as I go and with what I see happening. I also use this with the Portuguese national team.

Regarding the World Cup, lady luck played a massive part once again. The path to the final, after the group, consisted of Croatia, Uruguay and Romania. A bit like our win in 2016 irl. The last 4 were us, Denmark, Argentina and Romania so yeah not the strongest field and the favourites clearly were not up to it. Nevertheless we reached the final with key performances from our centre backs (Couto and Jorge Costa), Futre, Figo and Domingos netting 6 goals, 1 goal short of the Dane Ebbe Sand. We also put 4 players in the 11 of the tournament so can't really complain on how it went. And here's a screen of the final: https://imgur.com/NCMcuoc
    This was kinda a special moment for me as being Portuguese I put the national anthem and enjoyed the final and the victory (we have all been there )

With the national team, I'm unsure on what to do next. I do have a strong core of players that can challenge for the next Euro's in Belgium and Holland (brilliant these details of the correct hosts) but on the other hand I've already achieved the top spot in the football competitions.

That's all from me for now and sorry for the wall of text
    Last edited by jukilo1888; 23-07-20 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo and details missing

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

Got that working,superb stuff. Only one of these epic databases I've struggled to get working is the cm3(98/99) data copied over to cm01/02. It's on the back burner until I have some fun with these badboys.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mckellar For This Useful Post:

Don't know if you get this in 0102 but love all the loans going out in 0001, this is all my loans out so far this season

Some big names there Cam and one singer ...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

21 penalties in one season, just saying, surely a record!

Maradona lighting up USA 94 in alternative universe!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Did any of you by any chance downloaded the shortlist I uploaded in the previous page for this DB? I had to change my laptop and lost everything and didn't want to start from scratch when playing this again. The file is not valid anymore.

I never have a saved shortlist, i start every new game afresh.

Here is my latest data folder in which i added all the loans that i could establish from exporting histories into excel and going through all the 93 season ones - https://www.sendspace.com/file/ctpebg

Legend!

I'm gonna start a new one then which tbf I don't mind as enjoy this version a lot.

Cam, this looks incredible. I know some people have loyalties to CM01/02......I love the game too. But I'm more than happy to have both 00/01 and 01/02, because when there are so many awesome retro DBs to play with......who cares!?

Quick question, I noticed in your screenshots that you were playing the game in the past so that it was as if you were really playing in 93/94 and the players' histories didn't skip from 92/93 straight to 00/01. Did you do this using the Tapani patch? And did it mean that you didn't have to change players DOBs in the editor?

This is more detailed (just) than my 0102 version, only because I have done more to this recently then did the loans other week, sure just a case of pasting the additional loans into the player configure in 0102.

Yes , I dont need to change the players dobs as the exe has correct year. This is handy for other dB projects but it only takes a few seconds to change with tool available in downloads to change all dobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    This is more detailed (just) than my 0102 version, only because I have done more to this recently then did the loans other week, sure just a case of pasting the additional loans into the player configure in 0102.

Yes , I dont need to change the players dobs as the exe has correct year. This is handy for other dB projects but it only takes a few seconds to change with tool available in downloads to change all dobs.
    Thanks, that's good to know. I take it I can download that tool here?

Also, final question from me......I have fired up a 95/96 and 89/90 db but I am experiencing what I can only describe as a 'mix' of those dbs with the default one. Divisions have their 00/01 line-ups and clubs have a mixture of their 00/01 and 89/90 or 95/96 squads. How do I correct this?

If they are mine that shouldn't be the case.

Also it is key that the exe matches the db it was intended for, this is my 95 one - https://www.sendspace.com/file/s3xxf6

Anything if not using the matching db/exe are to do with your operating system.

Can this db be edited after it has been downloaded? Having some real fun and games at the moment!

When I make changes to the index.dat file in the data editor, the changes don't load when I fire up the game and the 'last saved' date next to the file in the Data folder is still 20/4/2020 (I guess when Cam last saved it).

However when I go to load the file in the data editor, the 'last saved' date next to the file in the Data folder is now today's date and the db loads in the data editor along with the changes I made.

Any ideas why I'm not getting the changes to load in my .exe? And why it seems like I'm looking at 2 completely different index.dat files with different 'last saved' dates when navigating to it in file explorer or trying to load it in the data editor when I know damn well that they should be the same?

The same thing is happening to me with the 1995/96 db. Driving me crazy!

If they are mine that shouldn't be the case.

Also it is key that the exe matches the db it was intended for, this is my 95 one - https://www.sendspace.com/file/s3xxf6

Anything if not using the matching db/exe are to do with your operating system.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSB View Post
    Can this db be edited after it has been downloaded? Having some real fun and games at the moment!

When I make changes to the index.dat file in the data editor, the changes don't load when I fire up the game and the 'last saved' date next to the file in the Data folder is still 20/4/2020 (I guess when Cam last saved it).

However when I go to load the file in the data editor, the 'last saved' date next to the file in the Data folder is now today's date and the db loads in the data editor along with the changes I made.

Any ideas why I'm not getting the changes to load in my .exe? And why it seems like I'm looking at 2 completely different index.dat files with different 'last saved' dates when navigating to it in file explorer or trying to load it in the data editor when I know damn well that they should be the same?

The same thing is happening to me with the 1995/96 db. Driving me crazy!
    Yes, totally!

Depends on what OS you are on.

My main pc is windows 7 so no problems but on windows 10, shit like that happens, I believe you need to run as an administrator but my more learned friends than me can comment who it affects them personally.

Yes, totally!

Depends on what OS you are on.

My main pc is windows 7 so no problems but on windows 10, shit like that happens, I believe you need to run as an administrator but my more learned friends than me can comment who it affects them personally.
    Thanks Cam. Yep, it's Windows 10. I'm already running the .exes as Administrator and with compatibility settings.

Not sure whether I need to run the data editor as admin too? But then again, the version of the index.dat file which I have made edits to clearly exists because I can load it with my edits in the data editor. Just have no idea why I can't also load it in the game itself!

Finally have my laptop back and having fun with this amazing data update. Started with my beloved Benfica. We had such an amazing team this year and it was a beautiful season for us irl. Mozer, Schwarz, Rui Costa, Joao Pinto, etc

As previously I always play Fibonacci.

Will keep you guys updated.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

Just signed a certain mr. McCoist for the next season in his prime, hoping he will lead the attack to the CL next season! You might know him from Rangers

Rui Costa, Joao Pinto, McCoist and Mostovoi and I think I'm set for European dominance

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12