Thread: Season 95/96 (CM2) for 0001

Season 95/96 (CM2) for 0001

Current project, almost finished all the data disks. Preparing in time for forum switchover.

CM2 Original game

England - done
    Scotland - Done

Data Disks

Spain - La Liga almost finished, worth the wait and fun to update compared to some nations!
    Belgium - Done
    Dutch - Done
    French - Done
    German - Done
    Italy - Done
    Denmark - Maybe
    Norway - Maybe
    Sweden - Maybe
    Last edited by Cam F; 03-06-20 at 10:31 PM.

playing that season in 0001 or 0102..
    fantastic..

Full game, no cd needed.

Leagues same as CM3.

Only leagues not done fully yet per CM2 disks are Spain and half of Belgium div 1 & full div 2.

Pictures thanks to Elmeru's 9495 pics

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kqoxuo

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Championship Manager 2 introduced a far better quality of graphics compared to previous versions. The game included SVGA graphics and photorealistic background pictures. Possibly the most notable new feature was the audio commentary engine. As well as the traditional text-based match commentary, there was also optional voice commentary, provided by famous British football commentator Clive Tyldesley. England - Done

Another milestone was the inclusion of playable Scottish leagues - Done albeit only in the PC version. For the first time in the series there was a selection of leagues to choose from at the start of the game - only one could be run at a time, however.

Gameplay

In terms of the underlying gameplay, not a great deal had been changed since the original Championship Manager. The look and feel had been improved but it was still very much a text-based, menu-driven game and the user interface was almost identical to previous games, albeit at a much higher resolution.
    Versions

Two new versions of Championship Manager 2 were later released allowing users to play leagues from across Europe. One version contained the Spanish - To do Belgian - Done and Dutch - Done leagues, the other contained French - Done German - Done and Italian - Done leagues. Only one league could be run at a time but this was still a big milestone for the series and signalled the intent of Sports Interactive to expand the Championship Manager universe across the globe.

Rare super keeper didn't prevent me winning!!! 88th minute after pumping them all game, 2 90h minute goals, get it right up you superkeeper

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Not a bad prediction if history repeats itself at Euro 96.

Loving this, Cam.

Just started a (hopefully) long term save with Milan. The prospect of playing with Savicevic, Futre, Baggio and Van Basten in the same starting 11 is unreal.

The stats seems more balanced than the 93/94 where it was very difficult to top Milan on the 1st season. Had lots of fun with Juventus though.

Just a personal opinion. I still prefer the 93 one though with that unreal Milan team.

Anyway, amazing work and thank you for this!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks, always love feedback, I prefer 93 also but this was another long term dream so have to do it after Nick kindly did the Exe, almost there-ish then can go back to 93.

You have to remember how good that Milan team was in 93,they thrashed Barca with Stoitchkov Koeman and Romario 4 nil in Champions league final and went like 44 games unbeaten, they were that good with the best back 4 in history imo.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Thanks, always love feedback, I prefer 93 also but this was another long term dream so have to do it after Nick kindly did the Exe, almost there-ish then can go back to 93.

You have to remember how good that Milan team was in 93,they thrashed Barca with Stoitchkov Koeman and Romario 4 nil in Champions league final and went like 44 games unbeaten, they were that good with the best back 4 in history imo.
    That's true. They will still be good for a final season (Tassotti and Baresi) and hopefully more silverware but then it will be time to give their places to Desailly and Panucci. These 2 should be starters already probably but I like to respect club simbols and be classy with them. Will give them a place in my staff no matter their coaching attributes.

Anyway, don't want to derail your thread and looking forward for the final release.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

I have so many amazing dbs and exes I am spoilt for choice these days, makes games and editing all the harder as all are so good. This is from my CM2 Project career game!

Last edited by Cam F; 17-07-20 at 03:24 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post: