Thread: error loading game

error loading game

please, can anyone help me out? cant load my game
    when loading game data appears these errors and then close game errors: v3.9.68 key_nation.cpp 54 ; v3.9.68 Setup..cpp 9557 ; v3.9.68 Setup..cpp 1044

What database do you have?
    Any patch? e.g Tapani/Saturn/Nick?
    What database do you have? Min, Max etc?

max....patch just 3.68 official with march database

Made any changes in editor?

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Made any changes in editor?
    nope

Loading the game as administrator and have compatability enabled with Service Pack XP 2 or 3?

i have the October 2019 update its been great but yesterday when trying to load saved game it just starts to load then the game just cuts off.

Quote Originally Posted by Damo23 View Post
    i have the October 2019 update its been great but yesterday when trying to load saved game it just starts to load then the game just cuts off.
    Loading the game as administrator and have compatability enabled with Service Pack XP 2 or 3?

I got the same problem.

First I get a disk space error stating:
    "cpp 9090...unable to upack temporary files. CM has been unable to write data to disk, reason could be 1) lack of disk space, 2) file locked by system, 3) bad sections on disc being written to"

Then followed by:
    Error: v3.9.68T Setup cpp 1044

I have the disck mounted, run it as administrator, Win XP 2/3 compatible, Saturn v8 october 2019, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jalokin View Post
    I got the same problem.

"cpp 9090...unable to upack temporary files. CM has been unable to write data to disk, reason could be 1) lack of disk space, 2) file locked by system, 3) bad sections on disc being written to"

Then followed by:

I have the disck mounted, run it as administrator, Win XP 2/3 compatible, Saturn v8 october 2019, etc.
    Is this when trying to start a new game?

If so, maybe uninstall everything (including the CM folder from C drive) and just use new database (March 2020) and Saturn V9?

Or is it when trying to load saved game or something else?

It is when I want to load a restored game.

A similar problem occured weeks ago: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...377#post476377
    You can read it in post #1188.
    Then it was in game after I loaded the game and clicked continue, but pretty much same message.

I have tried uninstalling everything but the same thing happens, like something has happened to the .sav file

Maybe upload the save file (use a file sharing site like sendspace) and someone can take a look

@Redknapp

Cheers. IŽll try that

I waited an hour for the uploading on Sendspace only to get an error message there. FML.

I'll try renstall game with the newest patches and see if it will load the old save file. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help!

Nope. No luck.

Got exactly the same problem today. Never had issue before in game.

Nope. No luck.
    Well - a October 2019 data game with Saturn V8 isn't going to work on March 2020 data with Saturn V9 is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boomgreek View Post
    Got exactly the same problem today. Never had issue before in game.
    What problem? Are we mind readers? Maybe provide more info?

I replied to you on the other thread you posted as well

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Well - a October 2019 data game with Saturn V8 isn't going to work on March 2020 data with Saturn V9 is it?

- - - Updated - - -

What problem? Are we mind readers? Maybe provide more info?

I replied to you on the other thread you posted as well

No it was an urealistic long shot trying with the new patches. When I had the similar problem a month ago I tried reinstalling with the same patches but the same error happened.
    Anyway, I think it has something to do with my laptop. Both times the problem occured was after my laptop unexpectly shut down. The game was saved and not running as it happened but the file was fecked. I can create new game, save and reload them without any problem.
    Anyway, no bother. As gf said, it has kept me happy for a while and why not just start a new game...

I got the same problem.

Then followed by:

I have the disc mounted, run it as administrator, Win XP 2/3 compatible, Saturn v8 october 2019, etc.
    I have the same error, which crashes when loading a save game. Windows 10 / v 3.9.68 / running as Administrator/ Win XP 2/3 compatible. Have tried remounting on Daemon Tools , reinstalling, making sure the folder has Read/Write permissions. Have UAC disabled. Maximum database, safe save, uncompressed. This seems to happen after an update.

On searching for the .sav file, I found C:\Users\$User$\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02. It has some .dat files which perhaps the .sav file is trying to write to. Perhaps that's the problem. It's a shame as I don't seem to be able to keep a save going past a season.

If the .sav file is now corrupt and there's no solution, could anyone advise the most stable version to play?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

@doyler138: If it is writing in C:\Users\$User$\AppData\Local.... etc then you do not have Administrator and Win XP compatibility set properly. Also try using my patcher https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Patcher/releases and patch the exe with the "Make executable portable" patch.

Quote Originally Posted by doyler138 View Post
    I have the same error, which crashes when loading a save game. Windows 10 / v 3.9.68 / running as Administrator/ Win XP 2/3 compatible. Have tried remounting on Daemon Tools , reinstalling, making sure the folder has Read/Write permissions. Have UAC disabled. Maximum database, safe save, uncompressed. This seems to happen after an update.

On searching for the .sav file, I found C:\Users\$User$\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02. It has some .dat files which perhaps the .sav file is trying to write to. Perhaps that's the problem. It's a shame as I don't seem to be able to keep a save going past a season.

If the .sav file is now corrupt and there's no solution, could anyone advise the most stable version to play?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is in the wrong thread.
    If you have data in C:\Users\$User$\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02 then 100% you have not been using administrator for either the game itself, or one of the tools/editors.

All of the recent patches are more stable than the official releases. It is fairly easy to go hundreds of years into the future. What makes the game unstable is using editors and repeated ctrl+alt+del to replay a game and get that elusive win. They are the killers of stability.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Thanks, I appreciate your replies.

Just to note I have never used an editor or ctrl-alt-deleted a game. Where's the fun in that! Apart from giving the compatibility and run as admin permissions to the executable, is there anywhere else I should be applying these permissions? Could they be system reversed somehow by Windows security? https://imgur.com/a/8uxXjDh

Having started another game, when I try to load it, the game crashes without an error message. There's no equivalent data in AppData\Local\VirtualStore this time. And no information appears when I click on Info. Sorry if that's a slight tangent.

I've never encountered security resetting the runtime options, but I guess it is possible.

Without an error message it is hard to tell what the problem is, but I would guess a mismatch between the exe and the database (one patched and the other not). My advice would be to go back to a clean install, make sure that works, apply .68, test again, then apply any updates/patches and test again. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but you can be sure that you have a clean install and if you get an error, you know for certain the last thing you changed.

Unfortunately that didn't work. Uninstalled and unmounted. Used CCleaner to clear out the registry. Downloaded a fresh ISO and installed no problem. Applied .68. Applied the compatibility to xp 3/ran as admin and copied in the .sav file to the folder. The game loads fine. There's no info on the save game. When I try to restore it, It gets to about 50% and the application closes down.

Sorry. I should have explained. There was very little chance of ever being able to recover a save game after you get crashes like that. Once it is corrupt, there is virtually no way back. My plan above was to get you a stable platform to start again