Thread: Best network game settings?

Lightbulb Best network game settings?

Hi

We finally got a network game going with four friends on the odb. Weíre enjoying it but itís pretty slow. Didnít help that all four managers were going for the same cheeky wonderkids!!

We are about to start a new challenge soon. I was looking for some recommendations to what patch/update/league/team you would run? Iíve heard thereís patches to update speed? Also if we go with the March up date, this would mean not knowing all the cheap players and having bidding wars again (which is a good thing btw)

Any advice to run a successful, fun network game would be welcome.

TIA

You could do an ODB network game, using Nicks Patcher, and therefore alter the speed. All my network games, I use x8 speed, and this makes a key difference.

Yes I was going to download that tonight and see what difference it makes. What database to do run Your network games on? How many saved games? Also can you use Nicks patcher with the new update? Thanks

Ive about 3 different network saves, 1 is my 78 season, thats with Tapani 2.19 patch which was the IN patch at the time, Ive another with Saturn Version 9, and another with ODB which I modified with Nicks Patcher, so I could have color attributes and a few bits.

Yes, you can use Nicks Patcher with the current update

I like a few leagues so you can keep it fresh if it goes on long enough.
    Also if you have a few leagues and you are in different leagues it makes the Champions league meetings more special, although everyone vying for the same league trophy is fun as well.

It's really about what you prefer I would say...

Yeah for sure, on my long term, Ive only england selected, which in a way, was a regret, but, all 3 of us are never gonna leave so always against each other. More recent games, I open between 4-6 countries, but we make pre set rules about people leaving hahah

What about database size? I always go normal as opposed to Maximum? And 10,000 saved games?
    Does it even make much difference to game speed? Being using Nicks patcher for last couple of days and itís decent! Do you know if you can get rid of transfer windows?

Not on any computer bought in the last 10 years
    Full max settings always for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheImmortal316 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Youngsy View Post
    What about database size? I always go normal as opposed to Maximum? And 10,000 saved games?
    Does it even make much difference to game speed? Being using Nicks patcher for last couple of days and itís decent! Do you know if you can get rid of transfer windows?
    For me, I always go Maximum Database, just depends hopw many leagues you're selecting with regards the speed of the game. So for me, 4-6 is enough. I only have it set as 5000 matches stored, as I dont feel this can help the speed, but this is more about the history in your save, for me, as long as I can view back last season, Im happy.

My gut on the removing of the window, I think you could, but you'd need to know the offsets, and other than using the Saturn Patch to apply them, Im not sure how you would if you're only using Nicks Patcher, he'll have to confirm that

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post: