Money: 2.00
    Data: 2020

Tactics
    Standard formation rules as always
    at least 3 defenders
    No wib wob tactics
    must have wide men of some description

Game Flow
    In the first session, there usually arenít a great number of days passed in the game. This is the time for everyone to manage their business. So, create your shortlist, organise your training, send out your scouts if you want to, organise all your nitty gritty so that by the end of that session, or worst-case scenario the start of session 2 we are down to ďdig onĒ mode. (continue game all the way). Obviously there will be a minute or two here and there when you receive a bid or suchlike but there will also be little moments in between when someone has a midweek game or cup game and we will be waiting anyway for them to play so thatís the time to make a bid or offer a contract or whatever. Itís important to keep the game flowing and at the moment we have a nice number of players where that should be manageable. A couple of you are quite experienced as well so there should be no issues. Donít be offended when youíre told to ďdig onĒ if you are holding up play once we get into this mode.

Transfers
    For me, the transfers are pretty much the most fun part of the game. Mikey suggested a few rules around transfers which would limit purchases, prevent humans bidding on each otherís players etc. I donít want to put any of these in place as I feel it would reduce the appeal of the game a bit. The thinking behind them is sound though, so the only thing I would say on this one is that you canít bid for peopleís players that you are basically never going to buy. If someone tells you they arenít going to sell a player at any price and you are bidding on them then the only reason you are doing that is to unsettle the player and diminish the other teamsí chances. Similarly, if you have bids in for 6 of another players team and it just so happens you are playing in the League Cup final the next week that is obvious skulduggery.

Consequences
    If any of the rules are broken, the sanction will be that you are holidayed from the game for a session. Repeated rule breaking may see permanent removal. None of this is going to happen as weíre all adults and here to have fun but we have to have this in the rules from the outset so there is no ambiguity.

So thatís itÖ
    Letís do this!

Hamachi Groups
    CMNet1
    CMNet2
    both have the password "cm0102"
    Last edited by TheImmortal316; 09-05-20 at 07:05 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheImmortal316 For This Useful Post:

This all sounds wicked and Iím buzzing to get going!

I take it youíre going to host the game theimmortal316?

What time will you guys be playing until? Iím good in lockdown but after lockdown Iím up at 5am! TBH they donít look like they will be opening my industry back up until September anyway, so def get a few seasons in before then haha

Any ideas on countries and clubs yet? Live draw out of a hat? ;-)

I will host Youngsy yeah.

You can have any team you want.
    England, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Holland.

Would be good to have people in leagues competing with each other I think but leaving it open to your own choice.

I'll take Wolves.

a 2 hour session is the standard, if everyone is OK to play til half ten at night?

Yea I think everyone in same league would be more enjoyable, surely you canít beat a head to head battle! Why donít you pick six teams of similar stature, with regards to squad, reputation, European football etc and then do a draw? Looking at that update Liverpool are way too good to manage in a network game donít you think?

I wouldn't enjoy managing Liverpool.

I don't want to pick people's teams for them though.
    Who would you want?

I really donít mind pal. Who ever is left and Iíll have em.

Six countries, everyone except Wolves are left at the minute

There's a full week left til kick off anyway so everyone stake their claim for whatever team you would like

Looking good Chris...the only thing id say with transfers....is its those that slow the game down...constant scouting...constant buying etc...

and realistically these games barely get past 3/4 season

so all that biding on 18/19/20 yr olds is usually a waste of time anyway..

Limiting the transfers to 6/7/8/9/10 a season....does mean less scouting and searching and more movement with the game..

saying all that...if it is unlimited transfers...we'll just play it that way!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

I know I won't be constantly scouting...
    In the little I've played it seems like you are better buying established players now, especially in the Premier league where I've chosen basically a second tier team. I think I'll be looking for two or three major signings anyway.
    Yeah, I know these don't usually become thirty season epics but I'll say again we are all adults,, it's easy to just control yourself and don't constantly scout.

Any thoughts on your teams gentlemen?

I do like the idea of a limit on transfers in to the club. Means you really need to think about who youíre signing and not just sign some lad to sit in the reserves coz he maybe good in 3 or seasons.

I was Wolves in another network game when the update came out and they were decent btw!

Iím thinking Tottenham or Arsenal at this point but I donít mind if anyone else wants them. Then again I fancy the challenge of a Everton or Wartford though. Need a club with a few quid to spend otherwise that first session is tough when everyone is bidding!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Youngsy For This Useful Post:

Think i'll be Cardiff please

nice challenge...and can get some decent loans from you guys if your the big boys!..lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

Without having done any research in to the squads/budgets, I'll go with Newcastle.

"I will love it if I beat you all, LOVE IT".

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Diggler For This Useful Post:

Can we start at 20.40 please?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Diggler For This Useful Post:

Put me down for Leicester mate x

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Youngsy For This Useful Post:

Im not so familiar with SV9, as far as scouting is concerned, so thats a good thing. I 100% agree with the limited transfers, and with this being SV9, means transfer windows, which wil speed up the game from Sep-Jan and then again Feb-Jun, so all good for me

I'd like either Leicester or Wolves

I will take Everton
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    I will take Everton
    Good choice, forgot just what talent they have on SV9

- - - Updated - - -

Just seen Leicester been picked, Ill stay with Wolves

Also Chris,

Can't leave your club until after at least a season, ideally, must stay in England, but opinions may vary on that. National Jobs?? in my opinion, I think it should be a No No as it'd slow the game down. Also, this is important, with transfer restrictions, any pre arranged deals (from feeder clubs) DONT count on the quota - what you think

Wolves were the first team picked

No transfer restrictions, just don't slow the game down is all.

That other stuff about changing jobs as well, it would be weird to leave in the first season and take a different job or apply for jobs or whatever but why not? there will be 6 leagues running. I'll not do that I've never left a club before about 3-5 seasons in the game as long as I've been playing. If someone else wants to, it doesn't bother me though. Why would you want to restrict that?

There's enough restrictions going on these days
    We don't needto be in lockdown in the game as well , tha tactics and wib wob etc and no agressive transfer behaviour to unsettle players, good spotsmanship basically.

I'll probably open it up at 8 PM Diggler, but not pass any days til 8:40 then when you join.

Does anyone have any tactics they want saved in my tactis folder to use in the game?

Oh ffs

Okay, in this order, if these teams dont get picked

Leicester
    Wolves
    Everton
    Newcastle
    Aston V
    Sheff Utd

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

Is this to launch tomorrow night?

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Oh ffs

Okay, in this order, if these teams dont get picked

Leicester
    Wolves
    Everton
    Newcastle
    Aston V
    Sheff Utd
    First four already picked mate. So looks like Villa for you

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Is this to launch tomorrow night?
    Opening post says May 17th so next week Sunday.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

it was in the OP and the last 5 or 6 responses

Everyone's got a team then, happy days.

Is Ian on Hamachi London35? And who is Nathan?
    You don't need to be in both groups, I evicted from the second group
    I think its ronaldo11, got a couple of PMs and they have joined every group from all threads
    Post in here mon ami (he is French) and pick a team...

Thinking about that, the in game chat will probably be best as with 7/8 we are going to have to stagger over the two groups.

Looking good men, this will be good craic.
    Last edited by TheImmortal316; 09-05-20 at 07:20 PM.

In-Game chat may slow things up a tad Chris, Im only saying that from previous experience, maybe use the SB, but I know it would sabotage any other subject

Yes, Ian is on Hamachi, send him a group and he'll join

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast