Thread: Football Shirts

vCash

Football Shirts

Hi guys, does anyone else collect football shirts?

I have a few and I am getting into collecting them a little bit more. I have just bought my most random one an Emelec shirt.

Whats your best or most random shirt you have?

vCash
    I don't collect them, since I've worn most of them out (I've gotten them on very cheap deals). The only one that I keep in pristine condition is 08-09 Barcelona #14 (Henry) with my last name.

Edit: Of the ~10 I've had over the years, I guess the most random would be Liverpool #5 Milan Baroš, but I guess he won the Champions League with them, so it was not that awful.
    Last edited by Kaneman; 08-05-20 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    I guess i can call it a bit random, since i was 5 or 6, still dunno who gave it to me and at the time i haven't show any interest in football.
    Despite that i loved that shirt, wore it every chance i got and ruined it after a few months.
    Later i discovered that Platini was a member of the team (and league champion) during the glory days of "Les Verts"

AS Saint-Étienne's 1981 shirt by Le Coq Sportif

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ®usso For This Useful Post:

Curveball Champion!
    vCash
    Got an almost certainly fake Ilhan Mansiz Turkey shirt from my mum’s Turkish holiday circa 2001

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ®usso View Post
    I guess i can call it a bit random, since i was 5 or 6, still dunno who gave it to me and at the time i haven't show any interest in football.
    Despite that i loved that shirt, wore it every chance i got and ruined it after a few months.
    Later i discovered that Platini was a member of the team (and league champion) during the glory days of "Les Verts"

AS Saint-Étienne's 1981 shirt by Le Coq Sportif

That would be worth a little bit of cash now.

Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    Got an almost certainly fake Ilhan Mansiz Turkey shirt from my mum’s Turkish holiday circa 2001
    Excellent I remember buying a snide, Senegal shirt in 2002 in Spain from a bloke who promised to give me best price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePride View Post
    Hi guys, does anyone else collect football shirts?

I have a few and I am getting into collecting them a little bit more. I have just bought my most random one an Emelec shirt.

Whats your best or most random shirt you have?
    I have hundreds. Been collecting them for about 30 years. Helps that I work in football, but I also ask friends who travel to far and away places to bring me a local shirt.
    So I have a lot of shirts of my own club Feyenoord, signed and all, but also shirts from Australia, Costa Rica, Israel, Cyprus, Sweden, USA, Bulgaria and so on.

Most random shirt I have...probably an amateur side shirt from a small town here in the Netherlands. I once had an intern who knew I collected shirts and got me one from her local side. Very sweet.

Funny thing is that I never get to wear them. Working for a club prohibits me from wearing shirts from another club

vCash
    I don't have loads but I have often picked shirts up from places I've been or been sent them from friends/family when on holiday or travelling. I had Rapid Bucharest, Ferencvaros and Galatasary (with Hagi/10 on the back!) that I should never have let go but I got carried away on eBay when I moved out of home years back. This is probably my most random one...

Though not overly exciting, I've always quite liked this one for some reason... Red Bull New York

And this is probably my favourite though as i've always loved their iconic kit, a birthday present from my brother who was travelling in Argentina at the time...

vCash
    Love those pal, that green and white one is amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePride View Post
    Love those pal, that green and white one is amazing.
    Bangkok Glass FC... who no longer exist by that name (now BG Pathum United) so i'm considering it to be an antique

vCash
    Must have over 50, primarily old 90s to 00s Rangers, Scotland and Man Utd and 90s Italian or 90s football tops.

Don't like the modern tops and not bought a Gers top for years as I oppose gambling sponsors on footy tops and don't like massive Chrysler logo on MU either.
    Long live 00/01