Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: International Man Of Mystery

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Yeah, the draw certainly went your way in the Euros but, history books show you were in the Final. That's all people will worry about.

Looking good for a potential repeat in the World Cup if things go your way again!

vCash
    Netherlands v France in a playoff ! That is a tough draw
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Yeah, the draw certainly went your way in the Euros but, history books show you were in the Final. That's all people will worry about.

Looking good for a potential repeat in the World Cup if things go your way again!
    Thats a very good point mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Netherlands v France in a playoff ! That is a tough draw
    It was I am just thankful I managed to swerve it.

vCash

World Cup year, and I was looking back and I think this is only my second ever World Cup after Zambia in 2026 that was a bit of a shocker to see.

We began with Armenia in a friendly. They were easily enough dispatched. Then game the World Cup the main event. We started against England we were 3-0 up in 70 minutes we then had 2 players sent off and by the end we were just about hanging on and I mean barely. We followed this up with a standard 1-0 win over Republic of Congo. Colombia were next and we had already qualified but get top spot and we would avoid France. We beat them 3-1 in a fairly easy game where apart from a pen we were not in danger.

Slovakia in the round of 16 was one of the easier missions we could have been given, and we dispatched them with ease. Quarterfinals and Germany awaited us, after the 1954 final there is some hatred here. In a ding dong battle were both teams were winning after 90 minutes it was a draw. Into the extra time we went. We had the legs and snuck out a win. In the semis we faced a very good Italy team, we were never at the races perhaps a little bit tired after the Germans. We lost 2-0. We finished the tournament with a 3-2 loss in the third place match to France

Spoiler!

Adam Laczko the man the myth the legend continues to be great and even managed to get a starting spot in the team of the tournament.

Spoiler!

Tony Nwakali another stella season from the striker of the team. He was excellent in the World Cup and fit right in with some of the best strikers in the world

This group has maybe one more tournament in them at best. I have decided to leave as I wanted to try something else. I will return to Africa, the aim get a team past the World Cup 1/4 final. I loved my time in Hungary.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Has an African country won the World Cup yet?
    That's got to be the ultimate aim right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Has an African country won the World Cup yet?
    That's got to be the ultimate aim right?
    No mate no team has been past Round of 16 in game. It it the ultimate aim but I think we are while off that

vCash

So the journey back in Africa begins again with Ghana. They have been perhaps at there best in 2010 when if not for a Mr Suarez, would have been the first African team to go to the World Cup Semi Finals. They have won the African Cup of Nations 3 times the last time was all the way back in 1982. In game they have not done much apart from an African Nations final in 2035. They qualified for the 2034 World Cup but lost all 3 group games, other than that there is nothing much here.

I took over and thought we had a decent squad with a mixture of youth and experience, including some very good players. We began against another big African team with a friendly against the Ivory Coast we dismantled them in a big 6-0 win. We then went straight into the African Cup of Nations. A good win over Republic of Congo who are a good team was followed by a solid win over a good Cape Verde. We finished the group beating Gabon.

We had a fairly easy task in the 1/4 final against Burkino Faso. In semis we faced another very good African side in Senegal they were now match for us as we battered them in the semi final with a great 3-0 win. In the final we faced Cape Verde, who we had beaten in the groups, for some reason we did not turn up and went out 2-1. I could not believe we lost that final it should have been ours.

In the friendlies to finish the year we beat Mexico 6-1 in a fantastic win. We followed this up with a superb win over Uruguay, it was a superb 4-0 win. We finished the year with a solid draw against a very good Denmark team.

Spoiler!

Fatau Yeboah is a very good centre back who plays with Ajax. They presently are one of the best teams in the world and he plays every game. He has been good for me.

Spoiler!

Mohammed Owusu plays in Italy for Atalanta, he again is a first teamer for them and a very good player. He has done well both at the back and the middle for me this year.

Spoiler!

Bernard Boakye he plays in Ghana for the main team here. He scores for absolute fun and is becoming a bit of a favorite. I think he could do well in Europe

Next year, I think World Cup qualifiers start so i will be hoping to do well in there. I think we are one of the best teams in Africa so I think we should do well.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Is that the second time Cape Verde have done you over in the final ?
    Ghana should be good for an African Nations win if you get it right. They come round quite quickly.
    The Yeboah lad looks class

vCash
    Is that the second time Cape Verde have done you over in the final ?
    Ghana should be good for an African Nations win if you get it right. They come round quite quickly.
    The Yeboah lad looks class
    Yeah it is pal they did me over in the first campaign with Zambia.

I would say we have one of the best teams in the continent so no reason why not.

vCash

One thing this year that is important to us is the qualification for the world cup.

First up though was a visit from Romania a decent hard working European side. We did not do too bad as we managed to grab a 2-2 draw. Next up was Namibia in the first round of qualifying two good wins got us through to the group stages. We started off against a team who have improved a lot recently in Republic of Congo, we did not turn up. I honestly have no idea what happened but we got smashed 4-0, not a good way to start.

Next up was Benin, another decent side and a team who are really tough to beat. We managed to get a 2-1 win which was good enough for me. We finished this years qualifying campaign against Gambia, a team we destroyed. Two friendly wins over Ivory Coast and Senegal was a great way to end the year especially against two very good African teams.

Spoiler!

Mohammed Acquah is a decent enough player on the wing for us. He scores a great amount of goals for us and seems to get up alongside the front man really well.

Spoiler!

Patrick Adade another one of the Ajax contingent we have. I like him a lot he plays behind the top man, my only criticism is that he maybe doesn't score enough but a very good player.

Next year we are going have to really pull our socks up in qualifying and win every game left to go through. We also have another Cup of Nations in Egypt this year. We have a tough group against Cameroon, South Africa and Zambia. I should qualify from that group it will nice to be playing Zambia

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That game against Congo was a shocker. Need to turn that round in the reverse fixture

vCash
    That game against Congo was a shocker. Need to turn that round in the reverse fixture
    I honestly have no idea what went on. Yeboah was injured after 77 mins but we were already 3-0 down at that point

vCash

This year the aim was to qualify for the World Cup and win the Nations Cup.

First up Angola in qualifying in a routine win we saw them off 3-0. Next up was a friendly against Japan this was a fairly close game until they had a man sent off this massively opened up the game and allowed us to win. We got some payback against the Republic of Congo with a win. They had struggled since we beat them so we got a win and this put us top of the group.

A win over Sweden in a friendly was great preparation for the Nations Cup. We then went to the Nations Cup, two wins and a draw allowed us into the quarters with ease. We dispatched Algeria easily before facing a tough Morocco team, it took extra time but we won to get into the final. Nigeria in the final was an easy enough game as we recorded our first Nations Cup win since 1982 some 59 years ago.

We finished off with 3 wins in the qualifying stage which took us to the World Cup.

So it was amazing to see this

I have no idea why or what to expect now. We won all but one game in qualifying I have been to two African Nations Cup finals winning one.

So back to the job market, amazingly this is my 3rd sacking in this save

17. The Following User Says Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

vCash
    International management in Africa is harsh.
    There must be other african jobs who have qualified for the world cup. If not, asian ones will come up when their qualification ends

vCash

After my shock sacking I decided that I wanted to go to a bigger nation and really challenge for some trophies. I have qualified for 4 World Cups but only managed in 2, this is something that I am desperate to change.

Uruguay came available after the World Cup, after they went out in the group stage of the latest World Cup. They have won the competition twice in 1930 and 1950 but not since then. They have won the Copa America 15 times and once more in game in 2027. They have been runners up a fair amount recently.

Despite doing ok in the Copa America they have not done anything in the World Cup in game and failed to get out of the group every single year, this will be something I will look to change.

I only had three friendlies to finish off the year. We played Mexico first up and dismantled them in a good 5-0 win. Next up we played superpowers Brazil and we beat them 2-1. This was a great result for us and showed us where we were at. We finished the year with a 2-1 win over a decent Colombia team.

Spoiler!

Gonzalo Cristoforo, what a player a dream in the middle of the park for us. He sets everything going for us an absolute legend.

Spoiler!

Lucas Rossi, a very good striker who scores a lot for us, fantastic little player my only slightly concern is the fact is that he may be ageing a little bit so wont be here for too long at all.

Next year the Copa America returns. I expect us to have a very good tournament I am hoping for at the very least the semi finals really.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Dirty b******s. I wish you the worst of luck

vCash
    Dirty b******s. I wish you the worst of luck
    Hahahahahaha

Cheers pal, I dont particularly like them either but I do enjoy coming here from after the Ghana sacking given what happened in 2010 WC

vCash

This year the main aim would be the Copa America and my second win in the tournament.

Before that though we had a friendly against Argentina, we did not play well in it and we got outclassed in a 3-0 defeat. We began the Copa America against one of the guest teams Qatar, they are not on the same level as us and the 4-0 win showed that. A win over a good Venezuela side was good to get, before we battered Ecuador 6-0 in the final group game.

We played a decent enough Colombia team in the quarter finals, they were strong but not enough for us as we beat them 2-0. In the semis it would be Ecuador a bit of a shock to get this far and we once again saw them off. In the final we would play Argentina, it was a very tight affair as we drew 1-1, in extra time we could not hold on as they scored in the last minute to win the title.

We finished the year off with good friendly wins over Portugal, Brazil and Argentina, why could that not be in the final.

Spoiler!

Facundo Gonzalez, why he is not playing in Europe I dont know, he can play anywhere across the front or behind the striker a superb little player.

Spoiler!

Lucas Rossi, was excellent again for me this year, he scored a hell of a lot of goals again for us.

Next year I think the World Cup Qualifiers will restart so I am hoping that we can do well in that and get a very good start.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

vCash

It was the start of the World Cup Qualifying I was hopeful we could make a good start and then build throughout the campaign. I am certain we will qualify we are the 2nd best team in the world behind Argentina.

First up was a friendly against an ageing Belgium, a good 2-0 was recorded. We opened up with a good win away to Venezuela, where we went down to 10 early on. We then traveled to Chile and once again recorded a decent win. Two 5-0 wins at home followed against Bolivia and a team that had previously sacked me Paraguay.

Next up was 3 of of the toughest sides in qualifying, first up we beat Colombia 2-1. A victory against an underwhelming Brazil, then followed. We then faced Argentina, once again we could not get the job done and a draw was all we could manage. We finished off with two 3-0 wins over Peru and Venezuela at home.

We find ourselves 4 points clear at the top of the qualification group ahead of Argentina. We are 13 points ahead of 5th place and playoff spot, I would imagine we have all but done enough to qualify already. Scoring 32 and conceding 7 in 10 games is not a bad record.

Spoiler!

Pablo Pereyra, is one of the younger generation I am trying to bring through, he looks excellent and has made left back his own.

Spoiler!

Lucas Rossi, this man is the main reason we score so many, he scores them all. I am slightly concerned about his age and we dont have much other than him

Next up is to secure qualification as quick as possible then I am going to try and bring some younger blood into the team and have a look

26. The Following User Says Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Surely got Qualfying in the bag!

That is if you don't get sacked randomly again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Surely got Qualfying in the bag!

That is if you don't get sacked randomly again...
    Yeah I think so mate, honestly it best not happen again doing my nut in

vCash

We had pretty much qualified already so I just need to hold my nerve and get through.

Chile, Bolivia and Paraguay were all beaten with relative ease, this was enough to see us through to the World Cup. I am going to be now trying to use a few different strikers now to try and build up some backup for the Rossi. We had a friendly first where we played Chile, I played a lot of reserves but we still got a win.

Ecuador were next up and again we played the reserves, we did ok but did not manage to get the win as we drew 2-2. Two great wins over Colombia and Peru, with the younger players was superb. We got two draws to finish the year off but this time I used the main squad. We finished top off the table and qualified for the World Cup.

Spoiler!

Pablo Pereyra, the young left back once again played out of his skin for me. He is solid and will be playing for Sevilla next year.

Spoiler!

Lucas Rossi, another good year from the main man up top, this was fantastic as I think once he has played this World Cup that may be him done, due to his age.

So next year is the World Cup and the board want me to get to the quarters, we have Germany, Belarus and Nigeria in the group stage so we should go through, in the next round we will likely play England or Colombia, depending on our finish.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

vCash

WORLD CUPYEAR

First up was a friendly against Belgium, once again I played some of the kids and we suffered in a poor game we lost 3-1.

Into the World Cup and first up was Nigeria, we had some injuries so we had to play a bit of a makeshift team. We did however win 2-0. Germany were next and by god they were poor we battered them 3-0, we finished the group against Belarus, we again switched the team around as we had already qualified, we won 4-3 just.

Into the round of 16. Colombia would be our opponents, we had beaten them lots recently and we would do again here, we battered them 4-0. Next up in the quarters was World Champions France, it was a very tough game but we won 2-1. Into the semis and we would face Spain, a really good end to end battle gave us the 2-0 victory. So the final, and we faced Argentina once again, we were by far the better side and won the World Cup with a 2-0 win.

Spoiler!

Christian Gularte, one of the younger players who has recently come through, pulls the strings behind the strikers, recently moved to Torino. He will be an excellent player.

Spoiler!

Damon Rodriguez, could next get in above Rossi, but did in the World Cup due to injuries and he was a phenom, scored in what must be every game.

So my time in Uruguay, is done. I have decided to leave as I wanted to try and pick up a trophy that I have not won, in terms on International trophies left its the following: Euros, Asian Cup, OFC Cup, Gold Cup, everything else I have won.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

vCash

So my next job was in Asia and with Qatar, they have only qualified for one World Cup where they did not get out of the Group Stage. They have been active in both the Cop America and the Asian Cup, getting to the quarters of the Copa America twice and being 3rd in the Asian Cup 3 times (although we are not in that this year.)

We began against China who are a decent enough Asian team, we won 4-2 in a very good game. Now it was off to South America for the Copa America, first up was Venezuela who were not match for our fast play as we won 4-1. We then played Uruguay my old team and World Champions and we got a credible draw. I switched the team around a little for the Ecuador game and we got another draw.

Into the quarters we faced Chile, another decent team but it was a close one as we won through in extra time 2-1. We then faced Uruguay in the semis, they went down to 10 men early on and we battered them 4-1. Argentina in the final and once again extra time as we won 2-1. COPA AMERICA CHAMPIONS

We finished the year off with a good win over Angola

Spoiler!

Mossab Abdulmajed Afif, younger keeper who I have gave the number 1 shirt to. He is very good and one of the main reasons we won the Copa America

Spoiler!

Meshaal Mohammed my main striker who scores for absolute fun, 11 in 12 is not a bad return at International Level.

Next year, I am not sure much is happening so hopefully some friendly wins as I develop this good young team.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to OnePride For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123